Author Topic: Some Forum Ideas  (Read 1384 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Some Forum Ideas
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:22 am »
Just some suggestions for the forum that I have. Nothing too big~

1. Forum Tutorials Board

I suggested this a while ago, but I didn't get any opinions from any of the staff about it. Basically, this would be another sub-board in the Member Made Tutorials section, since that Misc Tutorials section is just a mess haha. Just could be used for more organization.

2. UPDATE THE MANUAL OMG

The manual is 1. seriously out of date. I joined in 2012 and I couldn't understand it and thought I did something wrong. 2. I remember a few of the parts use 'u' in place of 'you'. Really not the most professional looking thing to do (also the use of 'u' is a pet peeve of mine ahahah) It could also use some more tutorials on it besides what there is now.

3. Videos/Music Section

This would go in the Off-Topic Media section. Just another little organizational thing that would be used for videos and music that have been shared.

4. Another Sub-Board in Addons and Mods

Sorry I love sub-boards, sub-folders, etc. and yeah sorry

I think the Feralheart Addons and Mods section could use another childboard/sub-board. I'm not sure which would be the most needed, but there could be a Mods section (for modifications, sound mods, etc. to the game), Items section, or Emotes section. That Other Mods/Creations section is pretty messy too.

I'm sorry if any of this came off as angry or anything, and was not meant in any way to offend anybody or anything. Just some little suggestions for the forum, mostly just some Child Boards/Sub-Boards that I think would help clean things up~

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Some Forum Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:24 am »
1. Depending on the amount of Forum tutorials and whether or not it would justify having a board for it(Which might be the case), it needs to be looked into. If possible we try to avoid adding on child boards and boards unless it has a very good reason or usage area, so we will see.

2. The manual is old, old as this game in some areas, though it has been cleaned up on a few of the common ones read. The thing with this manual is that we do not know how long it will stay, if it will go away completely in the future, we had plans for a quite long time now to change around with the site a bit and drop the system that currently hold these articles along with other things, hence re-writing the manual or at the very least most of it now could end up in the "trash bin" not far from now. So I'm afraid the way the manual is now will remain until something else comes to replace it or we know how things will play out.

3. Media section is there to share music and videos, feel free to go crazy in there with your music sharing
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=44.0

4. Stacking too many child boards might not be of best interest due to similar reasons as number one on the list, if certain content is big enough it might be worth giving it's own board, but it would need to be looked into.

Hope this answers most of it, and we will look into if there's anything that might be worth to consider adding onto the boards.
Former community manager of FeralHeart