Author Topic: Previous Account name Finder  (Read 1897 times)

Offline xflinch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • " Sometimes, you've got to jump to conclusions, "
    • OverlyReactive
    • OverlyReactive
    • Teahsu
    • View Profile
    • Send me a Note to Contact me.
Previous Account name Finder
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:15:37 am »
To me, this would be super efficient to finding other accounts and maybe even finding lost accounts for ones who forget their usernames all the time, like myself. This would record the person's previous username on their profile. It will last for ten days(Or longer), showing their previous user before disappearing from their profile. A new feature in 'Search for members' could be added, saying 'Search for Previous User' or at least something similar. It would immediately take you to that account. Of course, there could possibly be a little
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
for whether to show their previous user, just in case they are trying to get away from people whom are bothering them.

Summary: This in all would be helpful to people who have friends that constantly change their user, so that they'd be updated on what their user was. It would also help with the amount of accounts lost due to forgetting their username since its a pain to look through the whole members list to look for one user.

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:18:28 am by stone. »
"We are the travelers, we look to the everafter
We are the strangers, we practically endangered
We know these roads here, they never seem to bode well
This our predicament and we ain’t even sick of it,"

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Previous Account name Finder
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:25:20 am »
I've actually thought about this idea before, so thank you for making a post about it! I'd love to see this be implemented into the site.
Being one who changes their user constantly, I think this would be a neat idea. I've also had around 2-3 friends who have changed their user in the past month, so it'd definitly be helpful, or, the username change could have a limit or a timer. Something like, you can only change your username once or twice a year? Like the deviantArt system (although I know a lot of people who hate dA's username change system, but it's just an idea).
I'd like to see what the community and moderators/admins think of this.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:59:16 am »
Moving this over to the Inputbox board, as I believe you are proposing a suggestion to the site. c:

In many ways, I like this idea. Especially for floofs who may enjoy changing their usernames but still want people to recognize them under a previous username. I've seen a few folks write in their previous usernames (ex. "previously ____"), so I definitely think it could be utilized. The only issues I could see with this change is if 1). The previous username were something inappropriate and changed due to a necessity to make it appropriate, 2). A user changed his username in an attempt to avoid being recognized (whether due to privacy reasons, in-game harassment, etc), or 3). dislike of the old username, possibly if outdated/embarrassing to the member. Initially, I thought it could be helpful to allow the user to type in the name of his username, but this could cause a form of identity impersonation. It would definitely have to be automated to show the actual previous username (or the user choose from the site-generated past usernames of theirs)? There are some complications, but they may be able to be worked out.

Ultimately, it's up to Raz to see if he can implement this, but you have my vote for this idea. c:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:28:48 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline xflinch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • " Sometimes, you've got to jump to conclusions, "
    • OverlyReactive
    • OverlyReactive
    • Teahsu
    • View Profile
    • Send me a Note to Contact me.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:45:03 am »
Moving this over to the Inputbox board, as I believe you are proposing a suggestion to the site. c:

1). The previous username were something inappropriate and changed due to a necessity to make it appropriate, 2). A user changed his username in an attempt to avoid being recognized (whether due to privacy reasons, in-game harassment, etc), or 3). dislike of the old username, possibly if outdated/embarrassing to the member. Initially, I thought it could be helpful to allow the user to type in the name of his username, but this could cause a form of identity impersonation. It would definitely have to be automated to show the actual previous username (or the user choose from the site-generated past usernames of theirs)? There are some complications, but they may be able to be worked out.

Thank you, and I thought the input box was for something else. x.x Like things that got accepted.
Gosh that was odd thinking and...

All of those could be easily hidden by the user if they clicked the 'no' selection.
Under the change username section, there could be this...

- Would you like your profile to display your old username?
  Yes? [ ] -- No? [ ]

That was what I was thinking to avoid all of those stated issues.
Though, I can see why this would not be added[the question box]. Was just a suggestion, if it is even possible.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:48:33 am by stone. »
"We are the travelers, we look to the everafter
We are the strangers, we practically endangered
We know these roads here, they never seem to bode well
This our predicament and we ain’t even sick of it,"