Author Topic: Is AdFly a Virus Site?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline emr100

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • makes 1000s of characters- yet never uses them.
    • Emr100
    • View Profile
Is AdFly a Virus Site?
« on: February 22, 2020, 02:15:31 am »
Now, for pretty much every download link or some other links (I've only clicked on mediafire links for the markings and items, so I don't know if adfly is in every link) I've been redirected to AdFly. Usually I can solve the problem by just inserting the link into my web browser, since the site looks EXTREMELY fishy, or it could just be that it's still stuck in the 2000s. But sometimes I just wanna click the link and move on with it.

Now I've heard of several AdFly horror stories. Many saying that it can "download viruses to your computer" or "infest your screen with ads". Usually i'd shrug this off, but since I haven't had a computer for 3 years, it got me paranoid. I didn't want any malicious links to absolutely blow up my computer! Since I suppose many of you have experienced these redirects, I should ask here. YES, I should just press "skip ads" and deny notifications, but what if I linger on the site for a bit? I've done this to experiment, and I can confirm I was swiftly redirected to a fishy "Congratulations! You won a ___ from ___!" website.

And if it is as those horror stories say, then maybe consider changing to a different ad shortener like bitly or something else. Another question: is AdFly the standard FeralHeart shortener or is it some big giant ad that is not supposed to be there? Thanks!
My apologies if this shouldn't fit here, but I do believe this is just a thing with the forums? Correct me if wrong.

SpicyDirt

Re: Is AdFly a Virus Site?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 02:28:33 am »
Hey there! The main reason why FH uses Adfly is to generate the revenue needed to keep the servers running. It is quite sketchy, and I would highly recommend ONLY clicking on the continue button after the "ad time" to avoid as many popups/"horror stories" as possible. 😁

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Is AdFly a Virus Site?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 04:30:21 pm »
Adfly is a legit site, but not the ad for the thing you're downloading

Art by QuietMacaroni