Author Topic: Faoladh's Character Compendium (WIP!)  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Faoladh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Faoladh's Character Compendium (WIP!)
« on: April 13, 2020, 12:27:34 am »
Hey, everyone!

So, I thought I'd try to compile all the information I have on my characters in one place, since I have a horrible time remembering it all ^_^;;; It's still a work in progress right now, and I'll be sure to edit the topic title once it's all set and done, but in the meantime feel free to look around! I'll keep a list of the most recent updates down below, to reflect any changes. Pictures and bios will be kept under the little hidden areas, to avoid clutter. Enjoy! : D

*Newest Updates*
April 13th: Added some of the oldest info I had to most of them, still need to sort through it and tidy up/change some things here and there. Added a second picture for Avis.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cheche
Lioness

Name: Cheche, Swahili for "Spark"
Species: Masai Lion

Scent: Dry hay and honey
Voice: Stern and commanding

A strong willed and fierce lioness, Cheche was named for both her yellow eyes and sharp tongue. She is a skilled hunter, and served as a teacher for her former pride's younger lionesses. Her pelt is scored with scars gained from both dangerous hunts and fending off invaders to her pride's territory.

She is currently a nomad, having been chased from her home pride by the new ruling king for challenging him. Often found skirting along the edges of other pride territories, Cheche has not yet approached any other lions, as being an unranked outsider is better to the older lioness than starting from the very bottom in a new pride.

Cheche is loyal to those who are able to earn her respect, and would fight to the death to defend those she cares for. Although she gives off a stern appearance, Cheche does have a soft spot for playful cubs, and enjoys running through the strong winds of approaching storms.

Alba
Honduran White Bat

Name: Alba
Species: Honduran White Bat

Scent: Flowers and figs
Voice: Tiny and Squeaky

A small, round, puffball of a bat, Alba left her family colony in the rainforest with dreams to explore the world. After many weeks of travel, she finally arrived in The Grounds. She spends most of her time eating fruit, roosting under leaves, and swooping over the various large predators throughout the lands for fun.

As a newcomer to the feral lands, Alba is still learning how to best communicate with the few predators who aren't interested in eating her. As her native tongue is comprised of high pitch squeaking, learning the language of the larger creatures has certainly been a challenge for her voice. However, she is always happy to talk to anyone who would like to!

Guardian
Water Spirit

Name: The Guardian of the Falls
Species: Unknown

Scent: Rain and blueberries
Voice: Old, echoing, warm

Commonly found either along lake shores or rocky rivers, The Guardian of the Falls keeps watch over any who visit their domain. Their voice is old and deep, and their pelt appears to ripple with the watery pools they protect. Guardian, despite being very, very old, is not the wise, powerful spirit some think they would be. Instead, they're more like a soft, lovable grandparent to all who come to visit. While usually seen peacefully sleeping, keeping a lazy but watchful eye over any cubs and pups that play by the water, Guardian can move quickly when need be, and will do anything to protect their sacred waterfalls.

Avis
Gryphon

Name: Avis
Species: Gryphon

Scent: Black liquorice
Voice: Raspy, trilling

Stolen from his nest by an adventurer as a egg before being sold to a wizard, Avis spent much of his life chained away in a tower by the sea, his feathers being used as potion and spell ingredients. While he was well taken care of, as a creature of the sky Avis yearned to fly. After many years, he was finally able to break the chains keeping him captive and escape to freedom. He now wanders the lands, seeking that which was stolen from him all those years ago; a home.

Tawnari
Cloud Spirit

Name: Tawnari, Watcher of the Skies
Species: Former Cloud Spirit
Scent: A chilled, foggy morning
Voice: Soft, whispery

Cast down to the mortal realm as punishment for past transgressions against the cloud kingdom, Tawnari now roams the lands, seeking to make amends for their crimes and return to the sky. The colors of their pelt shift as they walk, giving the illusion of clouds slowly drifting over their fur, and their eyes are as bright as the sun. Tawnari envies those who are gifted with wings, and can be found most days watching the sunrise in The Grounds.

Keeper
Cursed Canine

Name: Keeper of the Scrolls
Species: Formerly a dog, now even he does not know.

Scent: Dusty books and copper pennies
Voice: Calm and low

A servant to the Sun King, the Keeper of the Scrolls is tasked with transcribing all records of known history, and storing it in the Great Library for future use.

Formerly known by the name of Armend Ofir, Keeper prefers not to talk about his past before he was given his title. However, the very few who have seen Keeper since he was given the role have seen the change that has come over the former canine.

Dark, silky fur that was once black as night has begun to fade, and in the sparse patches where it has fallen out skin of solid gold is now visible. From a distance, this gives Keeper a more automaton appearance, but when one gets closer, they can still see the life in his now pupil-less eyes.

Golden antlers, having begun sprouting shortly after being given his title, weigh heavy on Keeper, along with the knowledge that if his transformation continues, his fate will be the same as the many Keepers before him: to become a statue of gold to keep watch over the Great Library forever.

Mosspelt
Clan Cat
Nothing yet, sorry!

Kreatur
A Frankenstein's Monster
Nothing yet, sorry!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:01:29 pm by Faoladh »

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Faoladh's Character Compendium (WIP!)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:32:01 am »
Cool characters!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 03:37:20 am »
Loving your characters so far, all so unique and interesting. Well done, and looking forward to seeing more.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 07:35:38 am »
Wow. They're amazing!
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Faoladh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 02:46:44 pm »
Aw, thanks you guys! <3 I'm so happy you like them, that means a lot to me ^_^

I'll have to take some screenshots of a few others that are still missing later today, but in the meantime I'm having a ton of fun thinking of ways to update all these old characters. A few of them haven't had their info updated for nearly four years!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 09:16:59 pm »
Every one of them feels very unique. Great job on creating them! I love how mysterious some of them sound, too.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 10:11:18 pm »
Wonderful characters, especially Tawnari. I love that color scheme and design!

l3irdie

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 03:00:19 am »
I love your characters! A nice variety of species and I love their designs, a good use of some of the more uncommon markings with some pleasing colors. Also good job with the organization!! I look forward to seeing more :)