Author Topic: Operation "Revive FeralHeart"  (Read 11700 times)

Rhakorra

Re: Operation "Revive FeralHeart"
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2019, 05:51:17 pm »
Honestly, I think we should have a second coder, it would be a easier for the staff. Like, why not? XSpirit wants to see FH grow and of course, being on hiatus takes us nowhere since he is stepping down for a certain amount of months...or never. The word "might" tells alot.  Honestly, now the mission to "revive FH" is to open applications. With the code in the staff hands, why wait? I don't want to sound harsh, but I would continue on rather than wait.

I think staff should start to begin opening developer applications.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2019, 06:10:42 pm »
I second opening a new spot for a coder soon. Sorry, but we'd be getting nowhere if we didn't. Wait a week or so if staff wants, that's fair, but a second coder is a good idea eventually.

Rhakorra

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2019, 06:12:50 pm »
I second opening a new spot for a coder soon. Sorry, but we'd be getting nowhere if we didn't. Wait a week or so if staff wants, that's fair, but a second coder is a good idea eventually.

*tips hat* Thank you. Staff should consider it and start making applications.

Ratel

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 07:08:41 pm »
FeralHeart registration has been open for months, I'm sure that was common knowledge by now.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 07:09:58 pm »
FeralHeart registration has been open for months, I'm sure that was common knowledge by now.

No, it was recently closed since mid July I believe due to trolls from what I've gathered.

Rhakorra

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 07:12:07 pm »

Sadly, no. Alot has happened.

Offline lolzcupcake

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Oh, Hi there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 07:38:56 pm »
I don't think getting a new coder is that easy, its more of Raz would have to trust them. Which he has stated why he hasn't really gone forward with getting one. The fact we have one is hard to believe. But having something for people to fill out and to be looked at by Raz when he isn't busy could help with finding one. Maybe a limited helper for the one we have would be easier? I'm not sure what all goes into it but just throwing out an idea.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 10:46:48 pm »
We can't be on more than an hour or our laptops start to heat up. Which sucks cause we aren't in a good place to buy new ones.

I've had to deal with low quality pc's as well, I understand the frustration of not being able to play a game simply because there is too much detail in it. I also understand where you're coming from when you say there should have been a poll or community interaction of some kind back when the new maps were originally being made, for which I think is partly why the "content creator" section exists. I'm sorry to hear things have affected you in this way. =/

On that note, you can as always create/find private maps possibly shared publicly with the amount of detail you'd prefer and invite your friends to said maps, like how roleplay groups do. Maybe even make a roleplay to go with the map? Just an age old idea. Kind of reversed from before where people would make more detailed maps because... yeah. It definitely goes both ways. xD

I'm personally mixed when it comes to map detail, I like seeing a quality environment around me but I wouldn't want it to overheat my system either.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:48:21 pm by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 11:28:14 pm »
I don't think getting a new coder is that easy, its more of Raz would have to trust them. Which he has stated why he hasn't really gone forward with getting one.
This is exactly right. With a position of this importance, we need people who we can trust completely. And not only that but someone who xSpirit feels comfortable working with.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline lolzcupcake

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Oh, Hi there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2019, 11:49:24 pm »

On that note, you can as always create/find private maps possibly shared publicly with the amount of detail you'd prefer and invite your friends to said maps, like how roleplay groups do. Maybe even make a roleplay to go with the map? Just an age old idea. Kind of reversed from before where people would make more detailed maps because... yeah. It definitely goes both ways. xD

I've maps before, but you kinda miss out on those fun public map things, I enjoyed the random people that would jump into the RP or chat. Its kinda how I found my friends to start with. With making a map or using a map you run into the issue of no one else being in there. Even publicly made maps by users. Everyone can agree even those are empty, even before FH ran slow. Not a lot of people can download maps or know how to. While the maps are great for private RPs, you really miss out on those great random meetings.