Author Topic: Do you even lucid dream bro  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Do you even lucid dream bro
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:11:27 am »

Lucid dreaming

Quote from: Wikipedia
A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming.
During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment; however, this is not actually necessary for a dream to be described as lucid.

So this I just a random discussion to throw out on the forum for people to check out, to get something new going. It's also a way to have an insight of another floof's imagination and ideas! ... Anyway, let's get to it.

I have a very vivid fantasy and imagination, therefore I dream EVERY night, and I often get the chance to lucid dream, which I find amazing, and I feel really lucky about it since most people I know don't dream very often, or can't control their dreams.
I tend to make my dreams go about my friends, fantasy creatures, and flying around cities or landscapes. I can also see myself in 3rd person if I want to, and transform into whatever I desire. I often choose a dragon, or surprisingly something small like a mouse... but with wings! :D (Yes I love to be able to fly, who doesn't, lol.

A dream I've had lately actually had a user from FERAL HEART involved, somehow! Something where that person has their own thing;
their own YouTube channel for trending entertainment or something xD
And then that person came over to me and wanted me to work for her/him because I was good at drawing art apparently, and an artist was needed... I don't remember entirely, but it's something like that. :) Also for some reason I was a winged cat in that dream and I attempted to escape from that FH user because she/he seemed evil for some reason, LOL.

ANYWAY, what about you guys?
Do you get into lucid dreams? If yes, how often and what's it like for you?
What are some good dreams you remember?
What are your thoughts about lucid dreaming?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:16:30 am by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Do you even lucid dream bro
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 12:28:53 am »
Oh, yes I've had various lucid dreams. One of my most memorable has to be where I turned into a Murkrow from Pokémon and flew around the back yard of my previous home... As well as one where if I ran towards a rock tilted upwards at even the slightest, I would be able to shoot into the sky and glide around. It worked just like the flying mechanic from Kirby Air Ride. It was quite amazing actually, haha.

Another noteworthy dream, I would have to say is one of my two most recurring dreams. Oddly enough, it continues sometimes where it left off last time. The people and friends within it that I've made always comment that it's been awhile since I "came to visit." What's even more strange is I've never met these people in my life... It's very odd, but I believe it's that way due to personal reasons.

Also, that was one interesting dream Ellen lmao
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:34:13 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 01:56:15 am »
I don't know if I lucid dream, I usually don't carry most of my real memories into the dream so I rarely ever second-guess my surroundings, so all(Except a few) of my dreams fool me into thinking I'm in real life. I can even think and feel touch and sometimes even empathy in my dreams, so it gets very confusing.

In dreams, I have control over myself like I do in real life, which adds to the trickery, and I can do whatever I want and if I think something then it could happen but that doesn't stop dreams from feeling real to me. I'm very easily fooled by my own mind so even in a dream about bricks magically appearing to form a stack, I find some reason to think that it's still real life such as "Those bricks magically appearing must have been a vision".

But...

There was one dream where I figured out that I was dreaming, and in that dream: I was removing a ton of cobwebs with the knowledge from nowhere that the cobwebs will all come back the next day, then I looked at my lizards and noticed many lizards, there's supposed to be only two lizards so I thought "That's not right.". I went to the living room, and while thinking this must be a dream, I pinch myself and it doesn't hurt... "I'm dreaming... I'm dreaming!" I shout out with glee, then start prancing down the hall repeating "I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!", and yelled that back into the living room where I shout "I'm dreaming! I can do whatever I want!" and then I try to fly, but I only manage to levitate a little off of the ground before I woke up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:58:30 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 04:51:38 am »
I never lucid dreamt but I HAVE had sleep paralysis. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I thought that I was awake and I couldn't move. I shifted my eyes over to see a ghastly figure standing there and jumped towards me after a good minute. I was aware of it the entire time, which makes it worse. I hope I never had it again, man.

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 08:01:02 am »
I don't think I ever lucid dreamt either, but I do get some crazy scenarios on my dreams.
Our brains basically mix up things we see in our days from people we know or a random person we saw in the streets from anime characters and video game creatures. Sometimes I see someone who I know interact with my ocs lol, some times I get to be an epic parkour champion, who knows? Dreams are just amazing by themselves.

<3

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 10:51:15 am »
I never lucid dreamt but I HAVE had sleep paralysis. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I thought that I was awake and I couldn't move. I shifted my eyes over to see a ghastly figure standing there and jumped towards me after a good minute. I was aware of it the entire time, which makes it worse. I hope I never had it again, man.
I know what it’s like. The only parts of your body that are active, is your eyes and brains. It’s a very uncomfortable experience, but strangely enough, I happen to be able to semi-control it when getting into a sleep paralysis.
One time when I had a sleep paralysis after waking up from my dream, I saw a giant black spider figure in the end of my room and I began crying after. I was only a kid. ._. Anyway.

To everyone else, those are some fascinating opinions and dreams. :)
doing what i feel like

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 01:01:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure I had lucid dreams several times before but I played along with all the stuff that happened within it. But the best thing about it was feeling like I can move anywhere I want, I wouldn't describe it as being granted with the ability to fly, it felt more like swimming but with less resistance. Most of the time I would be floating through maze-like endless libraries, concrete foundations, big city malls, or school-like buildings.

Otherwise a lot of my dreams are most often absurd, and the ones that stuck with me the most are the episodic ones that sometimes repeat themselves but add more detail after each dream. It's kinda surprising that we're capable of doing just that, as if we're living in an alternate memory, and it feels so real all the way I sometimes remember some dreams as actual things that happened.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160