Poll

Pettition for the return of the report button to make FeralHeart a safer place!

YES!
28 (87.5%)
NO!
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Pettition for the return of the report button to make FeralHeart a safer place!  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Using the forum to report is just as easy if not easier as well as just as likely to be seen. However, I did see an idea to make the report button be a link to the forum, with that it'd take you right to where you need to go to file a report or learn how to do so. Just my thoughts though.

Dis one?

Report System
As for the report system you suggested, it just doesn't seem as efficient enough for what is needed when it comes to evidence. I mean, I DEFINITELY think a report button should be included, however, the idea needs improving (not that your idea wasn't already a really good start). I vaguely understand what Morgra suggested, but from what I understand of it a user could take screenshots of the incident, hit the report button, type in the reason(s) why, and attach the screenshots taken already.

However, as straight forward and efficient as this sounds, it still isn't as close to 100% as it could be. If a report button were included, this means that anyone can make a report. Which of course is great. But my concern lies in those who take screenshots with their General/Local Chat Arrival settings set to 'Character Name' only, and how the actual report will reach the moderator's inbox on the forum. This is where the idea would now need to be improved even more just to prevent possible invalid reports when they could have so easily been valid reports if only the settings were correct.

From the top of my head, the most effective options I immediately see would be to:
  • remove the 'Character Name' option from the 'Local Chat Type' and 'General Chat Type' settings under 'Interface' within the in-game options menu (which might be hard for people to let go of since they like the appearance).
  • make it so when Arrival Chat Types are changed that they also update in the chat's history (a better option, if it's possible). Maybe with this, when someone clicks the report button a "have you remembered to..." reminder pop up list makes sure people are constantly reminded that usernames need to be visibly clear in the chat within the screenshot, thus encouraging the option change and hopeful success that it changes within the chat history, AND people can always change it again after to how they like it. Everybody wins.
  • or a last resort, have the report button take the user to the How to Report In-Game users thread where both old and new users can learn how to report an in-game user if they didn't know how to already and the reporting system can still work the way it does through the forum using the tools we already have.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:09:10 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
>>Bawfle
Yis. xD

>>xSpirit
Good to know! Sounds much better too, thank you!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
I'm planning to implement a more advanced ingame report system (it would send the chat log, and possibly even screenshots too), but it's not the highest on the priority list since it's not a "must have asap" feature.
It might or might not be in 1.18, it depends on how fast other,  more important things will be done.

Question!

• or a last resort, have the report button take the user to the How to Report In-Game users thread where both old and new users can learn how to report an in-game user if they didn't know how to already and the reporting system can still work the way it does through the forum using the tools we already have.

Do you think this idea would be a good/helpful temporary feature to have for 1.18 until your plans are functional/ready for release? I think it could really help encourage users to report something as and when it happens to gain that advantage earlier even if it's a bit of a time consuming thing to do to. Not only that; just by clicking the button it'll spread knowledge to users that they can report a user as/when necessary, and how to do so until your more effortless version arrives (if it works out). Considering how long it takes for patches to be discussed on, created, and released, I think it could benefit from the time-frame.

What are your thoughts?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
What are your thoughts?

it's not a "must have asap" feature.
depends on how fast other,  more important things will be done.
You make it sound like it's such a simple and easy thing to just "implement".
Yet I'm sure a lot of people wanting it don't know anything about coding, and even less people would understand Ogre.

It's all there. Coding is no easy task. I personally think that there being a focus to create a specific and more advanced report button when the time comes for it is good.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
I understand that completely!

I should have gone into more detail honestly. I should have asked/added if adding that feature would be the same as maybe using coding used for the "Home Page" button that is already included in the login screen, or if it is more complex than that with it being in a different part of the game. I don't know a whole lot about coding/programming either, but it's worth asking questions that can be answered.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
Hmm, possibly? I do know that it works like that in Unity, you can easily re-use code you made for buttons from before, though that is when you know where to look and what to look for. But I do not know anything about how the source code works for FH specifically. I just imagine it being a mess of gibberish I wouldn't understand. xD

Of course! Any question is worth asking, and we have our answer, whether or not we like the answer provided.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
Everybody wins! Thanks again, xSpirit. :D

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Okay, thanks!

n yeah, opening a web page isn't hard at all, but usually people just come here to make an account and never really come back unless they need tutorials and/or answers for broken game issues or w/e. At least it'd be in their face like "heeey... you can do this?", but that's just my thought process

Good to know it's as easy as that, though.

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Ohhh okay, my bad! Thank you for clarifying

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Moving this over to the game opinions/ideas board~ c:
Farewell everyone<3