Poll

Pettition for the return of the report button to make FeralHeart a safer place!

YES!
28 (87.5%)
NO!
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Pettition for the return of the report button to make FeralHeart a safer place!  (Read 7434 times)

AlphaEclipse

Taking the idea of a report button a step further, what if all reports/logs were sent to a location in which all staff could collectively view them and handle them accordingly? Maybe this could even be implemented on the forum so users would not have to worry about privately messaging a specific staff member and instead send their report to a location (such as a board in which regular users can only see their posts and moderator replies—sort of like a ticket system?) so things could be more efficient.

Personally, I think anything that makes reporting more accessible is a positive. Even if the button only links a guide on how to do so, I think it would only benefit the community. Uploading every image and sending them to an individual staff member seems personal in my eyes. I was never a fan of it, and I am not entirely sure why ideas such as this are dismissed by some with the notion that it is too difficult to implement, or that it is unnecessary. . .

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
In-game report buttons have a tendency to become abused pretty easily.

A number of games have basic and flimsy report systems which you choose an option from a drop down menu and send it out and... that's it. You don't get a follow up or even a notice about what happened. Such systems usually rely on a number of reports made to a particular person. If someone tells a ton of people to mass-report a user whether or not they actually did something, it could cause problems especially if they were innocent after all.
There was a report button eons ago when FH was still a baby, but it wasn't completed afaik so it didn't really work anyways.

I highly support an in-game link to a private board made for creating reports. Nothing extensive to do with the source code or script. It will require some user co-operation though, which understandably could be tricky.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
I see both sides and their reasoning for wanting or not wanting the report button, but I think I'd go with a report button since xSpirit seems to know what he's doing, and I trust him to make a reporting function that isn't easily able to get abused.

Having said that, if it was too simple and could get abused, I would be against it. Even though the community is fairly small enough it wouldn't be too bad, I feel like it wouldn't be worth it if it was too flimsy.

I would still like the ability to report users on the forums though. I think the in-game reporting should be an option, but not the only way.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
It will be so nice to finally have an actual working report button. Thank you xSpirit <3 Great ideas and discussion. Happy to see all the thought and attention you’re putting into this matter.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
I am not entirely sure why ideas such as this are dismissed by some with the notion that it is too difficult to implement, or that it is unnecessary. . .
I don't see that anywhere? Yeah there was mention that it could be difficult to make a new feature, and it was mentioned that it wasn't the most important thing, but I do not see anyone here who thinks it isn't necessary (besides the vote count) or is too difficult to do? I just see a discussion about the possibilities and the likelihood of it being sooner or later depending on how things go. I did not dismiss the idea and think it is something that could help in the long run. c:
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
I am not entirely sure why ideas such as this are dismissed by some with the notion that it is too difficult to implement, or that it is unnecessary. . .
I don't see that anywhere? Yeah there was mention that it could be difficult to make a new feature, and it was mentioned that it wasn't the most important thing, but I do not see anyone here who thinks it isn't necessary (besides the vote count) or is too difficult to do? I just see a discussion about the possibilities and the likelihood of it being sooner or later depending on how things go. I did not dismiss the idea and think it is something that could help in the long run. c:
You make it sound like it's such a simple and easy thing to just "implement".
Yet I'm sure a lot of people wanting it don't know anything about coding, and even less people would understand Ogre.

I'm sure there is a reason why it hasn't been added yet, who knows what will appear in the future.

Not saying it's a bad thought. I would however think about wording myself differently.
Keep in mind that there is a lot of stuff being discussed between staff, Raz, MOTS etc.
At the moment there are no MOTS due to them becoming MITs.

i think they meant this.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

AlphaEclipse

^ Was not going to reply because I thought it was obvious (and because I did not want to stray off topic), but yes, that is exactly what I was referring to. Not very encouraging for an admin to imply users do not understand how "hard" it is to do certain things. People should be encouraged to elaborate, not be told to follow a traditional path, especially considering this is the game opinions and ideas board... lol.

No hard feelings towards anyone⁠—I just felt that it was inappropriate. Plus, it's a bit unnerving that the reply was only contradicted by xSpirit's kindhearted explanation shortly after. I fail to see communication there? I am incredibly thankful for you, xSpirit, for being open on your ideas, and I sincerely appreciate your explanations. I am very curious to see if this is implemented in the future, whether it be sooner or later⁠—we can wait! Looking forward to seeing more discussion here as well.

AlphaEclipse

It was on this thread ^^ I completely understand and there is nothing wrong with throwing something aside (especially considering you alone are working on this!), however tone is very important here. It is obvious that very few people will understand the technical aspects of software development, but I personally still think it is very discouraging to an average community member to see a game leader initially dismiss their idea by stating reports could just easily be sent on the forum (which is very obvious to people who use the forum—this was later elaborated on though!) and later accuse them of not realizing the work involved. Totally understandable, and like I said, it is true many people do not realize the intensity of the work, I just feel it is unnecessary considering the game is aimed towards a younger audience just looking to put their ideas out in the open. Regardless, it is just my personal take!

Offline radioactivedark

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • i like bread
    • fur-creations
    • outrotearz
    • @im_smol_gae
    • View Profile
    • untitled_lion_game.exe - My IT server
Wow. Honestly did not expect 4 pages of reply. This is probably the most popular *anything* of mine on the internet or otherwise has been. Lol.
I keep trying to escape the Dragonsreach dungeon, but I'm dummy thicc, and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the guards.

Offline lihua

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • dwayne johnson dwayne johnson
    • View Profile
(This hasn't been posted on in a month, so I'm sorry if I caused any kind of disturbance!!)

I think I'm going to have to support, as I actually see players who have actually been too intimidated to report someone directly to a mod.. I've even seen people go to report a player but never ending up doing it. I think it would be a more faster and concise way to report someone. I understand it would be hard to add, but I think it could help, especially for newer players. I believe the work could be paid off, especially if it was to be kept as a permanent feature.

he/him