Author Topic: Ideas to Keep The Game Alive - Monetization  (Read 2181 times)

Offline OldGrowth

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Ideas to Keep The Game Alive - Monetization
« on: October 07, 2019, 02:02:19 am »
FH is a game that, at it's core, is kept alive by it's users and people who, through all the roughness, have managed to keep it up and running. FH should not become a game that has to milk it's users for cash to stay alive, but in order to make the game better, money is key.

I have three ideas as to how money could be brought into the game.

FH has a community of very creative and talented people and that is something that can absolutely be used in the game's favor! A marketplace for users to sell their handmade presets, items, animations, bodyparts, markings, or even whole maps for cash or (some kind of ingame currency) could bring a much needed cashflow into the game if the devs get some cut of the sales. However I would not know what kind of rework would be required for such a marketplace, but it would have the benefit of making aesthetic mods an officially supported feature in-game.

Allowing players to donate towards the game is also an option, no amount is too little to keep this hole-in-the-wall game alive. The devs setting up a Patreon would also be about as helpful.

Ads. You, me, and everyone who has ever used anything that is free to play has encountered adds in-game, and we all absolutely hate them. But ads are ultimately a necessary evil and can be implemented in ways that are out of the way and minimally irritating.

BirdieBeep

Re: Ideas to Keep The Game Alive - Monetization
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:58:38 am »
I see where you're going with these and while some of them make sense, I think it would be hard to implement some of these.
I do think the donation page would be helpful, in fact, if I recall Feral Heart had one waaay back in the beginning but it was shut down. But I can see that being useful
to pay for advertising on their social media pages, it would probably help gain more people's attentions.
The website is actually already has advertisements which is money for server hosting and keeping things running generally, as far as I know at least.
From what I know it's the ad revenue from the website's ads and Raz paying for things to stay up.

The marketplace though, I think it may be hard to do. While users already sell presets, items, etc. already, it's for personal gain. It's how some people make some money.
I suppose this system would be used as a fundraiser? Or would there have to be sorted interests between how much the creator gets for their content and how much goes to the game? I think this is a question to keep in mind as I think it would make rather complex situations. Though if it served more as a fundraiser, I suppose it could work? I'm not too sure haha. I think I misunderstood what you mean

Other than that, I think you've got some fine ideas there. Though as far as I can tell, they're not really looking for money.
But I do know xSpirit has a ko-fi set up, and you could support them there!

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The Newer account of the user Pickles82
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 04:22:47 pm »
I would 100% donate to the patreon of a game that raised me. This game literally taught me how to read and write better than teachers ever could.
I started playing in 2011. I was 10, Im almost 20 now. I think it would be sooo worth it!

But go off

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 05:11:15 pm »
What would the people behind the game use it on and how are they gonna discuss how it should be used? :o
Perhaps a cup of coffee to handle all the rule-breakers lol. Jk.
doing what i feel like