Author Topic: Future update idea: characters' gender  (Read 2182 times)

Reindeer8888

Future update idea: characters' gender
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:14:03 pm »
I would like an option to choose our characters' gender. If this option was added, our characters can be a male or a female. Male and female characters will have different features, such as if we are making a female feline character, we won't get the full mane option (female lions don't have mane around their neck) and if we are making a male feline character, we get the full mane option. I saw some players in game that has the letter F (female) or M (male) next to their characters' names to show their characters' gender for example Lola F and Max M. When this option was added, it will be easier to show our characters' gender in game better than adding the letter F or M next to our characters' names

Example of what it will look like in game:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:16:56 pm by Reindeer8888 »

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Future update idea: characters' gender
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 07:19:48 pm »
What if our character is a female but a custom species that needs a mane?

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:48:07 pm »
I have some problems with this idea.

First of all, like the comment above mentioned, if you impact the available designs based on what gender you're making for a character, you're giving the players less freedom to just create whatever feline or canine they want. Besides, having this would mean that when you enter a character creation screen, you'd first have to choose what gender you want your character to be before you can start creating it. And not everyone starts the design of their character with the idea of whether they want a male or female.

Aside from that, I'm all for being able to select a gender as long as it remains an opt-in sysytem, with a way to remove the male/female tag after picking one. I have a set of characters meant for exploring and messing around. Having a male or female tag to any one of those would be rather meaningless. So you're also gonna need an option to have no gender tag applied. This option would also be a life-saver if someone decides to try making a genderless character (like Entei, Raikou or Suicune from the Pokémon series) or in the rare occasion someone wants to make a character that is both male and female.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 02:19:56 am »
As easier as this will be in roleplay and suchlike, I see it otherwise pointless as you can click
click the users bio to see the gender of their character.

Offline lihua

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • dwayne johnson dwayne johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 10:49:51 am »
i think this would be great! some players dont put their characters gender in their bio, especially as someone who doesnt rp. even if i dont rp, i still love character building :,3 but as stated, i think the mane options would be a bit of a struggle to work with, especially for custom species.

he/him

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 05:08:34 pm »
Personally I think just the gender symbol without any restrictions would be a nice touch. :o
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 05:09:53 pm »
Personally I think just the gender symbol without any restrictions would be a nice touch. :o

Yeah!!!!

Art by QuietMacaroni

BirdieBeep

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 10:40:17 pm »
I actually had a similar idea, rather than it being an option you select it would be a drop down menu in the character customization and you could choose the 'she/her, he/him, they/them or just other', and that information would be given in the player information. I do like the symbols though. It's a nice little touch