Author Topic: Infinite Characters  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Infinite Characters
« on: November 13, 2019, 10:34:39 pm »
Why limit how much characters we can create? Let us go S I C K O  M O D E with how many characters we want to create!  :)

Art by QuietMacaroni

BirdieBeep

Re: Infinite Characters
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 11:26:14 pm »
Personally I don't mind the limit we're at
Someone more informed about server space/techy stuff correct me if I got this wrong, but there is limit on characters to save on storage space for the server, just so it doesn't get overloaded and things can run a bit smoother. No sicko for me \o/

SpicyDirt

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 11:38:33 pm »
I feel pretty okay with the current limit on characters (I never use too many slots), but I am a firm believer that we should be allowed to have as many preset slots as we have characters!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 03:02:12 am »
Not sure why this is necessary when it's hard to use all the space as it is.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

HemiCountry

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 03:06:03 am »
Having a larger limit on how many characters you can have does sound pretty nice, generally to those who are heavy rpers and join plenty of groups and the like. However, isn't the limit around 100? I do recall having around 105 around the end of last year so I'm not sure what the actual limit itself is since not many have seemed to hit it. Though like Birdie said, that'd kind of tie into how the accounts stuff is - keep the server running smoothly without having too much taking up the space, I suppose. Many happen to made alternate accounts (usually have two in total) to have extra characters since that seems to be a normal occurrence with users who have been around for plenty of time.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 11:53:57 am »
Thanks for feedback!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 02:19:16 pm »
Wait.... There's a limit? I never knew haha. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue. Not many people make that many characters for it to be one.

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The Newer account of the user Pickles82
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 04:13:03 pm »
Yeah I never knew there was a limit lol, maybe Im just a minimalist

But go off

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 04:38:39 pm »
I remember 1 time when I reached the limit oh god all those characters. How can one need that many characters? I wonder what all of those even were o.o
Anyway I don’t have much to say here. I think it’s needless to make the amount of character slots limitless and the poor server master has to make sure every single one of them isn’t bugging the game.

If you’re bored and you wish to make a new character, you can just go through which ones you feel you can change or delete. Organize the amount of characters you got and delete the ones you believe you’ll use too rarely, or the least meaningful ones.
I went through character deletion sometimes, and trust me, you will feel better after deleting a character than before deleting it, or changing it. Sometimes changing things like that can be really refreshing and relieving.

I used to have 100 characters (the max. amount), and now -without limitting myself to a specific amount-, I’m down on 5-10 characters I believe. It’s really satisfying to not need to choose between so many, but I guess that isn’t an important meaning for many people. :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:40:31 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 10:42:49 pm »
I could've sworn the limit was more like 40. >.>

But yeah, if we were allowed infinite characters, the server would be in a bad spot honestly. I've already worried about it a few times.

I feel pretty okay with the current limit on characters (I never use too many slots), but I am a firm believer that we should be allowed to have as many preset slots as we have characters!

I second this though- but if I'm correct, we're going to have infinite preset slots eventually, or maybe in the next update, right?