Author Topic: Terrain/Mask crashing game  (Read 1597 times)

wolfdog01

Terrain/Mask crashing game
« on: February 02, 2019, 06:41:35 am »
Hey guys, so this seems to happen with every map that I make since the newest update. I have both files as .png, both are 513x513, both single layered, and the mask is set in RGB while the terrain is in Greyscale. It's how maps are done right? Named the Terrain THTerrain.png and the mask THMask.png, both are saved under the Terrains folder. Well when I try to open up the game, I get past the two loading screens before it crashes. Even if I delete the two files, the game still crashes. Any ideas?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain/Mask crashing game
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 07:03:18 pm »
Even though your height map is already a single layer, make sure to flatten it--usually "flatten image" when you right click the layer--and then save. That usually solves my problem.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:24:08 am »
Both have been flattened and I don't have any repeating particles, made sure to check both before posting anything lol. I wonder if reatstaing my computer would make a difference?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 07:32:09 am »
just to double check - you made sure the alpha layer bit was taken care of, right?

i remember that being an issue when trying to port it to the game itself.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 02:35:13 pm »
Yep, no alpha layers.
I also have the legendary markings and items as well if that has anything to do with this

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 04:14:16 pm »
Would you mind posting your terrain mask and heightmap here? You can send me them through PM if you would rather not have them public. I will mess around with them and see if I can get them working through Photoshop.

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 12:55:53 am »
You got it fam

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 03:43:31 am »
Okay I managed to get the mask to work just fine with the one you posted and a remake I made that looks almost identical to yours. However, when I tried making a version of your terrain, it managed to crash every time, even with a remake I used, both sharp and with a blur:

I checked out Feralheart's log file each time and received this error each time:
Capabilities:: VertexProgram: YES
Capabilities:: FragmentProgram: YES
Sound:: Initialized: YES
ERROR::SaveFile:loadz: WaterMillGates.cfg failed!

And I also checked out the application crash log in Windows Event Viewer but nothing there was too helpful for figuring the issue out. I initially thought it would be an issue with the terrain map being very complex but it is not by any means and should be loading just fine if everything is done correctly. Have you recently had issues making other terrain maps? I'm honestly not to sure why it keeps crashing, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 05:05:30 am »
Before the update I made quite a large map with no issues, or at least very minimal ones. Ever since the latest update I've had the same issue with every map I have tried to make, forcing me to reinstall the game every time.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 05:13:59 am »
I was going to say the same thing, I noticed people have been having map issues after the update and I'm wondering if it has to do with a new particle or file used. If I can find the old installer I will try running the map in that game version to see if it works.

edit: tested it, still crashed in the old game version
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:20:59 am by AlphaEclipse »