Author Topic: Troubleshooting glitched the game  (Read 827 times)

wolfdog01

Troubleshooting glitched the game
« on: June 19, 2019, 03:47:48 am »
Hello everyone, I had just gotten done making my first preset and I took a few screenshots of it. When I went to check out the pics, it had only taken a portion of the picture, not the full image. So I Googled and tried to fix it but no solution. The only way I could get a screenshot of the whole thing was to play in full screen mode. I tried troubleshooting it and now the loading screen is super tiny and so is the mouse icon. Even when I enlarge the window, the mouse stays itty bitty and so does the font in chat. I've tried changing the rendering system, video size, and troubleshooted a few more times. Nothing! I really don't want to read tiny chat and focus on a tiny mouse. On the upside, the screenshot feature now seems to be working.
EDIT: Troubledshooted it one more time and saved the settings. The cursor and chat seem to be fine now, but I am back to getting just a portion of the screenshot and not the whole thing...what is going on here...?

See? it just takes a portion of the screen...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:00:04 am by wolfdog01 »

AlphaEclipse

Re: Troubleshooting glitched the game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 01:41:29 pm »
Hey wolfdog, I heard of something super similar in the past that was resolved after messing with the computer's resolution of display. If you're using Windows, you can find display settings in the control panel, or sometimes by right-clicking on your desktop and going to "Display Settings." From there find what resolution best fits your window (if it is not already set). You can check online what your display's resolution is here: https://www.infobyip.com/detectscreenresolution.php

After optimizing your resolution, switch your video mode to match it if it is not already the same. From there try taking a screenshot without full screen on.

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:45:58 pm »
It's still being weird and only taking a portion of the screen

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 02:09:08 am »
Okay so when I run it through that OpenGL it works fine, but the Direct3D9 is still giving me issues.

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 01:38:23 am »
bump