Author Topic: ~Thyme~  (Read 15603 times)

wolfdog01

~Thyme~
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:20:32 pm »
Old Biography
Here is a link to her previous bio, it's pretty long and the pictures don't load because the thread was made way back in 2012. Being that old it is also quite cringe for me lol.
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=29868.0

Reference Sheet

Thyme (not like time, the "Th" is pronounced) is my fursona and also my internet avatar for most websites and forums. A few people have actually questioned who she is cause I use her for my main email account lol. She is easy enough for me to just throw around and keep my real identity hidden. She doesn't have a backstory or any kind of development as a character, I hardly ever rp her. She is basically just me as a Zouyu lion thing. Why did I choose her colors? Her large ears? Her mane? Her name? I have no idea, I think I just liked them. I have a fursuit of her that I made but I hardly ever wear it, I am proud of it but living in the humid heat of Florida, I don't think I would ever buy a professional one. I even got round glasses and a spiked collar cause of her; having a character for this long has really made me happy. I didn't realize that I had kept her all this time until a few years ago then I got really into drawing her, making the fursuit, and eventually commissioning art and a figurine. It's a bit funny because she was originally not my fursona; she was a very dull bookworm who didn't care about talking to people. This was way back when my first fursona was a black, white, and grey wolf. Eventually I got on Thyme so much that a couple of my friends pointed out that she doesn't act like how she is supposed to, meaning I was being myself while played her and didn't use her personality, so I tossed the old one and used her. But even with her as my fursona, I tried giving her some kind of story; she was originally a demon with a mean father, a spoiled mother, and an over achieving sister. I hated that idea after a while and eventually made her a Maneki Neko for like a week before just trashing any idea of what she is or her backstory. At some point I started searching mythological cats again and came upon Zouyus, which I connected with real well. So I modified her body and was able to rationalize certain unnatural aspects of her. It took a lot of fiddling because I wanted her to have hands but not creepy ones, I wanted her to be self sustaining so I had to figure out what hammerspace was and make limitations for it. I am a perfectionist at heart so it was a whole lot of stress trying to get her exactly right and even now sometimes I wonder if her anatomy would make any sense in real life, but I reason it enough with myself and move on for a while lol. That's a big reason why some of the info on her ref sheet is so vague, so I can twist it a little in my mental favor lol. I plan on getting a tattoo of a few herb thyme stalks on my leg at some point, just as some sort of subtle nod to her.

Art
Now I have 50 pieces of Thyme, some I have commissioned others I either got for free or as a trade. I won't be showcasing all of them because a couple of them have gore, alcohol, and religious themes, but I will display some of my favorite ones. I have never paid more than $50 for art, without a limit I would be broke lol. I also had to resize a lot of these images to fit a little better, but some of them are still giant. I plan on getting another 50 pieces at some point.

3d Model
So after I finished with all the art that I wanted of my gal, I thought about all the other things I could get made of her. Of course a plush came to mind, then a pin, a fursuit, etc. Well after all my thinking I figured a little statue of her would be best. I would never touch the plush or pin out of fear of dirtying them, a fursuit would be too hot in Florida, and everything else I thought about just didn't work for my paranoia of accidentally ruining whatever it was. So I decided I wanted it 3D printed, that would give me the most accuracy, but finding an artist who could do that was a challenge. I wasn't quite ready to fork out the money for one just yet but I was getting a list of people who would be able to solidify my dream. I found one person I was interested in but after a few months they vanished off the internet so I kept digging. I stumbled upon Furry and the Beast and emailed them to get a quote, well I never heard anything back from them for a few months. But in September of this year, I decided what to do with some of my birthday money. I emailed the company again and they got back to me pretty fast. After a number of emails back and fourth, I sent the money and the modeling begun.

This was their first draft of her, I was honestly surprised by how nice she looked already.

The second one, with revisions and details added that make her who she is, like her hand paws. I wanted faint outline of her markings but when I saw the result I wasn't a fan, so I had those removed later on.

She was so close to being done! I just wanted her backpack a little smaller.

A short 360° clip of the model since embeding doesn't work anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXEVOQEb2c

She is in! I am in love with how she turned out, smaller than I thought (54mm) but I am in love with it! She was worth every penny! I have so many ideas to pose her and just honestly take her around with me and maybe get her printed again in different materials or use this as some kind of mold if I ever get into resin. Also sorry for the lack of great photos, I have a cheap phone and a fish tank light lol.

Don't mind my grimy hands lol

The company was very nice and quick with their responses. What I love is that there is no minimum order number and they will reprint your model for you if you don't have a printer locally. They don't paint the figures and some people may find them overpriced, but if the figurine comes out durable and detailed, I think it is worth it. If you decide to look them up, be warned that some of their stuff is NSFW.

Tattoo
Nothing too grand, just a simple outline of the herb thyme and the year I made her. It's about 4in long.

I think that's just about it. FeralHeart has done so much for me and Thyme wouldn't exist without it!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 03:29:44 am by wolfdog01 »

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Identities
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:20:23 pm »
So I had a thread YEARS ago about some of my chars but that has pretty much all been erased because I didn't like it...and it was cringy lol So I am making a brand new one. Just going to post their animal forms and their personalities/info (mostly human form), the pasts are a little much and their human/Sims forms are in their underwear lol. I've made a LOT more characters, but I have narrowed it down to these four. I've made at least 24 characters all together over the years. The birthdays are the years that I created them, so the age won't match, but everyone needs a birthday. Enjoy!
~Thyme~

Thyme is my fursona, icon, and spirit animal. She has been with me since the year I joined, 2012. She used to have a history and biography, it's still on the forums somewhere (beware...it's...meh) but I have completely abandoned the idea of her being any kind of species and having any story whatsoever. She is me and that is all there is to it. Her likes, dislikes, and diet is the same as mine (dunno if I'll keep her a vegetarian) and I have completely fell in love with her colors. My room is painted in her colors, if I have to choose a color scheme for something, it is her colors. I am even in the process of making a fursuit for her! She was never meant to be my fursona but she is now and I wouldn't trade her for the world!
Maxwell Taylor Wraight

Animal: Large dire wolf
Animal height/weight/length: 5 ft/ 235 lbs/ 5 ft
S.O.: Pan
Birthday: March 17th, 2014
Voice: Lord Thranduil from The Hobbit
Maxwell is grumpy and nearly emotionless, but his anger can get the better of him sometimes. He can be very insensitive to others and himself at times, he knows the art of using extreme self-defense, and uses powerful pressure points to fight back. His glasses he had gotten at age ten because his sight is awful, he's completely color blind too! Without his glasses he becomes very vulnerable and will tend to show a more range of emotions. He does know respect and manners so even though he may seem like a gentleman, he can still be blunt in the most subtle ways. Most importantly, he will do anything to get what he wants, which makes him possessive. Maxwell enjoys singing and informational books, not a big fan of fairy tales or fiction. He is prone to nightmares and may over think things to the point of near insanity.
Duke Laton McGarth

Animal: Caribou-Clydesdale cross
Animal height/weight/length: 7 ft/ 900 lbs/ 5 ft
S.O.: Straight
Birthday: August 3rd, 2014
Voice: Bo from Barnyard
Duke has a good, humble, and kind nature with a ton of Southern hospitality. He can be an optimist but usually tries to stay with a sort of realist outlook. He is insightful and has many years of wisdom under his belt. He can be seen as the leader of the pasture and a teacher for life. He is not the hostile type and tries to keep things calm to just a voicing level instead of escalating it to something more. If anything he will give a stern word and look, if need be he will use physical force. He loves sweet tea and playing his guitar, he also found a love for God which explains the cross around his neck.
Slushie Aima Malik

Animal: Snow owl-Russian blue cat griffin
Animal height/weight/length: 1 ft/12 lbs/ 3 ft (body is fur and feathers, mane is fur, wings are feathers)
S.O.: Gay
Birthday: December 30th, 2015
Voice: Clovis from Code Geass
Slushie is very giggly, sassy, and curious. He is full of energy, happiness, and questions almost all the time, he always tries to make people smile. Even though he is a lab created android, he tends to have bipolar tendencies, but when he is around other people he seems to always be energetic and bright. He loves the cold season, slushies, and the color blue.
Twili Shou Tanaki

Animal: Radioactive Crested Newt
Animal height/weight/length: 2 in/ 0.05 lbs/ 7 in
S.O.: Bi
Birthday: October 16th, 2016
Voice: Mumble from Happy Feet
Twili is shy, hunched over, and jumpy, often avoiding eye contact with people. He can be a bit clueless sometimes and will usually say whatever is on his mind without thinking that it could be rude. He often likes to watch from a distance and will only get involved every now and then, in the case of violence or protection he will mainly just push and take the hits, contradicting his mysophobia, which could cause mild panic attacks. Because of this phobia he wears a mask, fearing that his radioactive traits could infect others or they could infect him with other problems through the nose or mouth. He cannot touch food, bodily objects, animals, or people unless it has been sanitized or sealed. As long as the object is not going into him or someone else, he can handle it because it is harder to transfer germs through the skin. He has developed a cleaning OCD, is vegetarian, and he has two tongue piercings and earrings, he got them as a child but he can’t remember why. He has also found a love for art and will sketch anything and anyone.
OOF. That was a lot of typing! If you want any more info on these guys feel free to PM/DM me or just ask in-game.
Oh wow, I love them all! <3 Slushie is beautiful. Great work on designing!
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:23:51 pm »
I love your main character Thyme. I also really do adore the small backstories with each character. It gives them all a nice touch! <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:32:02 pm »
My favorite character would definitely be Duke, love the design and the antlers top it off!
artwork by dehvina

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 09:15:58 pm »
Pretty nice characters, I personaly love Maxwell's design :3

<3

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 11:33:03 pm »
Suddenly so many repsonses in one day!
Thank you everyone for your kind words, makes me happy to know people like my characters!

Ratel

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 11:34:59 pm »
I adore all of them, so unique and colourful!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 11:42:54 pm »
All of these are very well done! I looovvveee Maxwell <3

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 12:54:20 am »
Thanks, you two!
Honestly I have no idea who is my fav. Like Maxwell is pretty high up there just because rps are interesting with him, Slushie is just fun to rp, Twili I have gotten more and more interested in because I have developed him more, and Duke is easy to rp but he never has a lot of drama in his life lol.

wolfdog01

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 04:27:37 am »
~bumpy~