Author Topic: Where are all the lion prides?  (Read 2324 times)

BirdieBeep

Where are all the lion prides?
« on: December 15, 2019, 07:30:58 pm »
So I was on around midnight last night with some friends, and we were looking at group advertisements/character bios and talking about them. But I've noticed over the last few years, there seems to be a dwindling population of lions or lion prides, or I guess 'feline' based roleplays as a more blanket term. I remember a few years ago, even around the 2016 update, there was a lot of lion prides around, basically all I did that summer was 'lion' around. But I've noticed there seems to be a shift, it's very much canine-dominated more and more these days. Which is interesting considering Feral Heart and it's origins. So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what's your thoughts? Oh and to preface, there isn't anything inherently wrong with having canine characters/groups, that's mostly what I've done with FH tbh, but I guess I'd just like to see more variety and even motivate myself to get out of my comfort bubble and play as different species

Offline bailmint

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Promises keep us in chains, my dear.
    • bailmint
    • bailmint
    • View Profile
Re: Where are all the lion prides?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 07:36:55 am »
Personally, I think a lot of them died out with TLK fan culture. Of course, it still exists but it's not nearly as big of a culture as it once was. Plus, FH has seemed to have lost a lot of players. That's what I'd guess, but I would love to see the return of lion prides/lion roleplays as well.

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 11:11:29 am »
The lion-based roleplays definitely died out, especially with the 2016 update. As there's not a variety of bigger maps, I believe a lot of roleplays ceased to exist over time. And if they were created, they'd last two weeks, maybe a month max. Fluorite Plains was a significant map to roleplayers, as it was large, and one of a kind. There was always a spot for people to rp in. And it was always a blast. But now, seeing as the maps are smaller and there's not really any plains-type maps, people don't feel particularly motivated rping in-game anymore. And I'm not blaming anyone for this. Changes like that are hard to get used to, and roleplaying might not be the same for a lot of people.

The new thing is rping on Discord. Plus, activity has reached an all-time low, both in-game and on the forums. I can't say it's a surprise, as FH took a rough turn, but that doesn't mean it'll stay that way. DeviantArt also has a few rps that could interest you if you're into that thing.

We can't forget that a lot of the people who used to play FH are getting older, and with that comes life outside of the internet and responsibilities. We're not as young as we used to be, and can't dedicate our time to getting online 24/7. Don't get me wrong, there's still young users in the community, but I'd say us adults are the majority, as a lot of us have been around for a long time. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've noticed.

Things might change, we can only hope they will, but the future may go either direction.

I hope you find a decent roleplay, I'm sure there'll be something out there for you. Agreeing with bailmint, I too would love to see the return of lion/feline roleplays.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 02:33:10 pm »
We're coming.
- Unknown

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 05:35:37 am »

BirdieBeep

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 03:55:52 am »
We're coming.
- Unknown

superb

Okay but in all seriousness, there are some good points on here and I do agree with most. I also sort of reached the conclusion that canines are more popular than felines. It's sort of a trend that's been happening long since I joined FH really, but I've always sort of noticed it. I'm not sure why that is, but, that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 03:59:26 am by BirdieBeep »

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 07:06:35 am »
First: they're wolfs. But some people thinks they're dogs.
Second: people really don't know which animal choose. I always have this problem. I love wolfs, but every big cat - tiger, lion or panther - are very important for me.
It's all.
And Sigynx, i'm young player in FH. I'm only 13.
On new account Aiiokia