Author Topic: Old FH nostalgia  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Ishbacko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Just your average fur who remembered his password
    • View Profile
Old FH nostalgia
« on: December 29, 2019, 04:49:24 pm »
So I just rejoined the community fully on Christmas eve with the gift of a new laptop, and I've been enjoying my time back and loving how awesome the new maps look, even though I've only been to a few, but there was that twinge of hurt that I'd never see the old maps. I was wrong of course, obviously, but the map pack I had found never worked correctly and ate the character I went into the portal with, which made me sad and upset. Then like a shining beacon of hope, google gave me the link I needed that took me to xSpirit's post on the matter, and the classic launcher that would load up all of the old maps, and I've been revisiting them since last night. Granted, there is absolutely nobody in these maps (Which I was worried for a bit about fluorite, back then you'd be lucky to even get INTO fluorite to go elsewhere with how many people were there) which is a bit disheartening, but at least I get the option of choosing which maps I play on (New or old that is)

If anyone else would like to see them again, assuming you haven't already found the post, the post with the download link is here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=67022.0

And while we're at it, WHOLE lotta love to xSpirit for actually making the old maps playable again, MVP of FH no doubt, least to an old nostalgic player like myself xD Like for real~<3
Composer/writer/developer of WIP visual novel Ether Dream, author of Fatal Soul

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Old FH nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 05:24:47 pm »
Don't worry, I know thee feeling my friend. If you want, pm me if you'd like to explore some maps together. I miss travelling around those maps for a bit ;)
And yes, thanks to xSpirit indeed, for putting all of that together. <3
doing what i feel like

Offline Ishbacko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Just your average fur who remembered his password
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 05:38:05 pm »
Don't worry, I know thee feeling my friend. If you want, pm me if you'd like to explore some maps together. I miss travelling around those maps for a bit ;)
And yes, thanks to xSpirit indeed, for putting all of that together. <3

I just reached the top of sky's rim earlier this morning, I had almost forgot that small and medium characters were an almost MUST since large chars would always have their big butts sliding off of the edge of the rings, it was a chore, and I hope to eventually be able to sprint all the way up like before. But yeah, we should definitely arrange something, I'd love to see the old FH maps repopulated even if only by a fraction of what it used to be, it'd still be lovely
Composer/writer/developer of WIP visual novel Ether Dream, author of Fatal Soul

Offline KDboiz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • È̜̩G̼̬̙̱̪̥G̸ ̡͕̠̪S̹̟͖͎̲̳͇A͖̗̻̦N͘D̸̲͚̝̙̻W̳̪̝͇̝ͅI̗̮
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:34:53 am »
The biggest memory I have is probably when I finally got to Sky's Rim, and joining my first RP group. I was quite the social recluse so I kept my distance from big groups until I got older.

My favourite map was probably Last Cave, its where I spent most of my time tbh. I miss a lot of things from FH, but we'd be here for years if I listed them lol.
your heart is a muscle the size of your fist.

Offline ligt18098

• Forum Newcomer
    • Wandering-Wolf666
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 11:42:27 pm »
I tried the link and it said the mod is discontinued! I wanted to try for the sake of nostalgia.. I really miss the old maps and community

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 02:23:04 am »
I tried the link and it said the mod is discontinued! I wanted to try for the sake of nostalgia.. I really miss the old maps and community

There are many different versions/mod(s) for the old maps though, it is easy to look them up in a platform like Google. If I remember correctly, this is the one I use: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=64083.0

Offline ligt18098

• Forum Newcomer
    • Wandering-Wolf666
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 12:10:21 am »

There are many different versions/mod(s) for the old maps though, it is easy to look them up in a platform like Google. If I remember correctly, this is the one I use: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=64083.0

I suppose I never put thought into just looking it up myself. Honestly I didn't know people even were motivated enough to create mods with the old maps. I thought they would just be gone. (Also the link you sent just re-routed me back to another "discontinued" one). Thank you for the idea of simply googling it, I shall give it a try!

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 08:00:18 am »
Yeah, that was just an example XD There are plenty other projects like that around. Also adding my two cents here, though: I can't quite see what a mod being 'discontinued' would affect once the map was initially uploaded/released?

Offline FrostNight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Elon Musk pls return my calls uwu
    • iFrostNight
    • Frost Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 05:01:01 pm »
I'd really love to download the old maps back, even though I'm sure few will be there. It would be nice to see the old maps again, because I spent so much of my high school life on them (oof lol). They were really good maps in my opinion, idk