Author Topic: How Can We Revive Feral Heart?  (Read 7094 times)

l3irdie

Re: How Can We Revive Feral Heart?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 10:45:03 pm »
There's a lot of ways to breathe life into Feral Heart, but it is hard.
Feral Heart has always been sort of on a slow decline, and it's not really a fault on anyone. I've been around since 2014 and while I haven't witnessed the years prior, I know things were just a lot different. But there's a lot of things that have contributed to a decline, what those are is pretty much common-knowledge and there's plenty people who can explain what those are.
But there's also the fact that people tend to grow dis-interested in the game itself, they outgrow it and have little time for it.
However.
There are things in the works that have the potential that could help Feral Heart grow again, maybe not 700+ people online. But things that this now 10 yr game desperately needs. But it's honestly just a matter of said content's approval and communication.
And also;
Find Raz.

So on that front, it's trying. And I really sincerely hope for the best.

But there are lots of things that the community can do, more than just sit around in The Grounds and think about the time that's gone.
We're living in the now and we have to make the best of it.
Want to Roleplay? Roleplay, make a group. It takes one person with enough motivation that can encourage other people to join or to follow suit.

Advertising is another biggie.
Feral Heart has only been introduced to a small portion of the population, and I think with the right sort of advertisement it could draw people in again.
And it doesn't have to be up to staff for that to be possible. A majority of people found Feral Heart through YouTube and various spoof videos. I  think if you appeal to the audience that is now, you could draw in people.
These are my thoughts though, and they aren't a sure-fire they'll work. But it's an idea with a hint of optimism.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 03:25:01 am »
lol just make the old maps the default maps again and have a good social media following, instagram is doing pretty well rn for the game

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 06:59:19 pm »
Everybody: Terrible entrance ramp

Nobody: Literally anywhere worth sitting at

-hint hint nudge nudge-

On more serious note... Wouldn't it be easier to just create an rp, have some fun, make some vids, and share all that with friends? -more hinting, more nudging-
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 07:11:51 pm »
If the larger part of the community would show just as much enthusiasm and involvement for positive things in the community as they show when it comes to the drama & “tea” that could help.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 07:13:04 pm »
If the larger part of the community would show just as much enthusiasm and involvement for positive things in the community as they show when it comes to the drama
My thoughts exactly.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 07:46:51 pm »
Find Raz.

Enraging, but completely true. What is the point of advertising this game anymore if the server master is not willing to allow developers and staff to manage updates and developments seamlessly? The random spouts of inactivity and uncertainty are killing this game, not the damn community "drama." Community enthusiasm does not save a game if the sole caretaker of the server is not willing to work along side with his or her own staff team. Sure, it is great the community wants to get involved, but in the end, only those in charge can bring the necessary progression this game needs to survive.

It's embarrassing for the game, especially when a literal admin—someone the community looks up to—points out Raz's disappearance. I feel sorry for the developers that dedicate their time to save an un-savable game, at this point in time.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 08:07:48 pm »
Find Raz.

Raz has done some very good things for this game - heck, he helped it start and made sure that it ran smoothly when it was first created. But I must agree with AlphaEclipse. It would help to have a more active server master, but who would be willing to accept that job? I cannot say for sure as I have never done anything as Raz has, but it does seem like a lot of hard work for little-to-nothing in return. Yes, in return he receives praise and the satisfaction of people enjoying the game, but being a server master takes a lot of time. During that time, he is not being paid, so he does have to have another job on top of being the server master - which the paying job would take priority over a non-paying server master.

What I am getting at is whoever is the server master is always going to have a rough time. They will be constantly busy and possibly even constantly stressed. In my opinion, I think that there should be two "server masters" so they can cut the work that each of them would have to do in half. With that, I feel like the server master, in this case, Raz, would not get overwhelmed and would be more willing to stay active.

However, this brings up another issue - Raz does not think he could trust anyone to take over/help with his job. Raz can't do this forever. Now is the time to pick someone and start training them to take over his position when he steps down. I feel as if we are getting close to the day Raz leaves - which is why this is so important.

All-in-all, we do need a more active server master like AlphaEclipse said above, but it may be beneficial to have two server masters to reduce work/stress.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:10:14 pm by SpicyDirt »

Offline Darkstar1987

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 01:19:40 am »
I believe Feral Heart has plenty of room for improvement. Recalling my first time playing this amazing game, I truly enjoyed my time particularly in Sky's Rim, Atlantis and Temple of Dreams. When they were removed, I was disappointed and the loss of many unique lands in this game took hundreds of players with it. I myself am just returning to the game after being gone for about three years. In my opinion, I believe that if the old maps were placed back in, or if they implemented the removed maps back into the game, it would attract a few more of the older players, while also creating more space to explore!
However, the other opinions shared are just as important. FH does need an active server master or two, if that helps. It also requires frequent communication with its players, and more updates to keep players interested. Waiting for an update every several months to even a year in between updates can result in a greater loss of consistent players. Nevertheless, you're still going to have the occasional group of people that dislike something, but the big picture is what matters. The success of Feral Heart would require a lot of catching up and tweaking, but it's not impossible. In fact, there are plenty of amazing games out there that are nearly reaching their twenties, but still have hundreds of thousands of players daily. It's a lot of time, determination and hard work, however, I have faith in FH's developers. They placed their time and effort to find the source code, they listen to their small community, having done their best to provide new content.
As long as there is a devotion to keep FH going, I'll always be lured back by the happy times that brought me here in the first place.  ;D

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 02:47:34 am »
I believe we should all communicate more. I don't like assuming, but I do think discord has taken a bit toll on the game due to the lack of doing things in-game but rather on discord. I also think we need more in-game events, a variety of them. It encourages members to come online. About advertisements, I agree. I think that maybe we could gather some creative people and create different forms of advertisements such as: Youtube video, banners, etc. There is one thing we do have which is the FH Instagram and whoever made that, thumbs up! I also think allowing more of the community to do more for the game. There are lots of creative people who can help so much with the game.

Siggy by danysaurus

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 05:18:23 pm »
Currently the game is all user driven content.
People want to see something happen in game.
I'll take this opportunity to remind people to be that change they want to see.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"