Author Topic: Could FeralHeart be put on steam?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline moonstar4

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Hott tater tot.
    • foxygirl331
    • Digital_Moon
    • Moon Strixxen
    • View Profile
    • My DA!
Could FeralHeart be put on steam?
« on: February 09, 2020, 04:19:19 am »
I was thinking that, if it were put on steam. It might become popular again! :o it would surely get more traction and curious people on it if it were on steam? Right?
A humble Digital Artist c:

Commissions currently: OPEN!
Art trades: OPEN!
Requests: CLOSED!

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Could FeralHeart be put on steam?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 04:30:11 am »
Yea! I mean when they put AJPW on steam, it seems to have gotten a lot of attention...

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 08:47:32 am »
Might be possible.  But it'd need a bit more "polishing" and updates before putting on steam.  Steam can be a rough place.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

l3irdie

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 01:52:50 pm »
It is possible, though before anything it needs to be patched and probably updated. Kuri is right, steam crowd is very tough
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:48:26 pm by l3irdie »

SpicyDirt

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 04:35:40 pm »
I agree with Kuri, but this game should be put on Steam. It is good advertisement and this game could see a boom in users if that happened! But there would be a few issues:

1. The whole registration process would have to be overhauled. If people get it on steam, they wouldn't want to wait to register. Or we could have a system where it uses your steam ID.
2. If we did switch over to Steam with the Steam ID, that could mess up some people's accounts. If it were "cross play" between Steam and the normal system that we have now, it would be so much better.
3. Overhaul of the login page. This could become an issue for Steam players and could cause a bit of a frenzy. We would either have to change how that works or remove it all together if we did it on Steam

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 07:04:14 pm »
I'll be honest, I don't think Feralheart is exactly polished or stable enough for a Steam release. I don't mind the idea though, but if it were to be put on Steam, that'd require a lot of reworking to make things easier to setup, as SpicyDirt mentioned. and yeah, I definitely don't think Steam or its community would be too happy about a game that requires an in-browser login page to play. Some people already think that's some kinda virus trap lmao, I guarantee that'd bring bad reviews on Steam

Steam would also come with your standard trolls for a while, you might get increased frequency of raids and whatnot, being a free furry game on a giant gaming platform. It definitely could also bring in genuine players at the same time though. Idk, lots of benefits but it'd be a lot of work to make it a game worth putting on there.

I use Steam for 98% of my games so like I'd appreciate it ngl

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline AruNeo-BR

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Olá,me chamo Aru equero muito novas amizades ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 07:33:20 am »
I thought it was a great idea, it's a very popular game, it would be fine but on steam...but it needs a lot of improvement
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:36:51 am by AruNeo-BR »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:39:46 am »
In the future? I'd say a possibility, depending on the staffer's wishes of course. Presently? It needs some work, that's for sure. I agree with Torskite in regards to stability and the risks that come with advertising it on Steam. I don't mind either way, it's a neat idea, but there's different and several pros and cons to the concept. Thanks for sharing your idea, though!