Author Topic: Raz you need to resign.  (Read 11932 times)

Offline Mistakes

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Raz you need to resign.
« on: February 18, 2020, 05:56:46 pm »
On the off chance the king himself sees this, here we go:

Dear Raz,
It’s common knowledge that you frankly don’t care much for the game itself. You’re just power hungry. You like being #1, you like having people wait on your response —when you literally have no intention of responding to them anyway, you like forcing the staff to go through you first, you like making us wait. You obviously get off on that. It’s gross and NO ONE has respect for you. You need to let go and pass the authority down to someone who will keep up with the game, who will let it grow, who will listen to the community.
Stop playing around.

Offline Francophile

• Curious Wanderer
  • i like hadestown
    • View Profile
Re: Raz you need to resign.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:00:38 pm »
honestly lmao youre right. the staff is gonna delete this entire post but youre right

SpicyDirt

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 06:18:19 pm »
I understand your frustration with Raz.

While at times he really doesn't seem like the best of people, he is not actually as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Being the administrator for this game is not very easy. He is doing this without pay and is keeping up with his life/job while he does this. We are actually quite lucky and should be thankful that he decided to stay with this game so it didn't shut down. He was ready to give the game up a few months ago, and if he did, we wouldn't have this game today.

His reasoning behind him not leaving the game for someone else is because of the amount of work and information that the new person would have to deal with. He straight up said that it is difficult for him to find someone to replace him because finding someone that he can trust enough not to ruin the game.

I'd recommend taking a look at this post here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66651.0 - It might change your thoughts a bit, but I do understand if this doesn't change your thoughts what-so-ever. Raz is a tough person to like upon first glance, but deep down he does care for this game/community - it is just hard to see sometimes. c:

l3irdie

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:32:21 pm »
This isn't the first time this sort of thread has been created in the past, and while I think it can be a good place to start with discussion and debate, the way in which you go about it also matters.
You're completely entitled to your opinion and I'm not really here to so much change it, but to provide at least some details and context.  I agree wholeheartedly that he should be around more, give the staff and dev team some guidance instead of leaving them in the dark of planning, and not really being here to provide steps for the crew move forward with the game. Raz is and always has been the guy who wants to work behind the scenes, keep the server running and just generally keeping things going. There can't be steps going forward until we have him around and able to just talk about things. I understand the frustration and I can say with certainty things can be done differently, at least for the sake of Feral Heart's future.
I can't say I'd know what that is and it isn't so much about that. I do think it's an unfair assumption that he doesn't care about the game. He does, if he didn't he would of just shut it down at the first whiff of posts like these. He still wants there to be a community and to have this place for people. Even if it were much preferred that he exercised that care more by being present. It does come in other ways.

And this isn't me white knighting but just stating what's known. Unfortunately we don't know the extent of it, we've only seen the cracks in the foundation of what that is. You can judge things as they are, that's fine, but at least consider some factors. It isn't as black and white as it may seem, nothing ever truly is. We will just have to wait and see what the future holds, and by then we can hope that things become clearer and more transparent.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:35:20 pm by l3irdie »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 07:34:01 pm »
Raz is not a robot. Like everybody else, Raz is human.
Unless you are fully, 100% aware as to why he is currently MIA, unavailable, unreachable, it's best to not jump down his throat with assumptions. Doing so breeds toxicity, spreads false rumours, all the while degrading who he is and what he stands for. This is not a fair way to demand answers, nor a well-mannered one.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 08:52:03 pm »
While I get the concern about the game, especially in its current state, I don’t agree with the tone of this thread or the assumptions made about Raz.

Raz not caring? Eh, it may seem that way to most but I wouldn’t want us to assume that either whether it’s truth or not. He has always intervened when things got too messy. I don’t always agree with his approach or his solutions to matters but we should still take notice that he hasn’t just shut the server down entirely for good yet. There must be some good reason? Even when he shut it down temporarily he spent a long time struggling thinking of the next best way to handle FH, hence those long thread posts some time back. He knows a lot of people would be unhappy if it was shut down completely. My theory is is that it’s more of a matter of him just being tired and done with it and anything to do with it. The thing is he can’t just let it go as he doesn’t have anyone he would trust handed it down to. He’s always been very protective of user security.

As for my personal opinion on certain responses on this matter:

I don’t think it’s as much of an issue about Raz needing to be around to provide the staff/devs with guidance. We don’t need guidance, what we need is perhaps more trust and liberty to do the things we see fit when and how we want to. Staff & devs aren’t blind without Raz’s guidance, in fact if we didn’t need to rely so much on his approval for things there wouldn’t be a need for guidance. The guidance issue only becomes a thing when Raz sets up projects that he wants done if he doesn’t tell us exactly how HE wants HIS projects done.

Normally staff & devs would listen and take feedback from the community to work for the community not the server master. Under preferable circumstances Staff & devs would then formulate what needs to be done via the community feedback and decide if the community requests and needs are within feasible and functional limits. This should be done without the need for Raz’s constant guidance or sole approval. If a staff/dev team constantly needs guidance from one person then they’re not a successful or functional staff/dev team. Instead you’ll get a team that is constantly reliant on one person and you’ll get a slow down if not entire halt in production. There’s a lot of things staff/devs want to do but can’t necessarily do on our own because it would require access and update to server side things... aka only things Raz can do, thus only Raz can approve of. So essentially anything that requires big changes to things like the game & site are entirely up to Raz. It’s not that we don’t have ideas and a strong will to do things but it’s just not possible unless Raz is aware to it, accepting of it, and available to even pass it through.

In the meantime we can only do the things we have access & permission to. Aka like forum/game events, parties, and Raz assigned/Raz approved tasks.

Not much else to say unfortunately.

My only way of understanding why things are the way they are is because perhaps Raz lacks the trust to hand his job down to anyone else. Plus no one really that he might trust has the skills. So Raz is essentially stuck in a predicament where he doesn’t want to let us all down but he also doesn’t want to feel stuck and obligated to work with FH if he’s tired and too busy for it.

I’m sure like everyone else here we wish circumstances were different and better for all of us here on FH. But for now, all there is to do is to hold out and work with what we have. I’m sorry it’s like this. I don’t think anyone would purposefully want it this way, but do always take into consideration all the possible reasons for things before jumping to any conclusions <3

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 09:36:20 pm »

Offline Mistakes

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 10:31:32 pm »
I still stand by my initial post, peace bruh

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 12:34:45 am »
I still stand by my initial post, peace bruh
I'm sorry, but with that attitude, making a decent reply like the others is not worth my time lol
It doesn't seem that you would bother to understand or even acknowledge what people posted.

I'm really tired
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:38:00 am by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Pumpkin.Lynx_

• Curious Wanderer
  • hello there uwu
    • HydricDoesAnimations
    • Pumpkin Lynx_
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 01:10:47 am »