Author Topic: Raz you need to resign.  (Read 11922 times)

SpicyDirt

Re: Raz you need to resign.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 12:00:24 am »
Honestly, I am with Sigynx on this one. No one can tell what the future will bring and it is important for people of this game/community to remain hopeful about it. Personally, I do think that more people are being attracted to this game every day. It also seems as if the old users are returning/are active. It is difficult to predict what will happen, but it really could go either way.

Offline KDboiz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • È̜̩G̼̬̙̱̪̥G̸ ̡͕̠̪S̹̟͖͎̲̳͇A͖̗̻̦N͘D̸̲͚̝̙̻W̳̪̝͇̝ͅI̗̮
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 12:31:47 am »
As a returning user I can say I have hope for this game. Even if at times Raz can be a little rash, I don't see it "dying" any time soon.
Though I do quite miss when there were more people playing, especially in the EU.
I think the staff are trying their hardest to keep the community alive and I really appreciate it. but all we can do right now is hope things will go okay.
your heart is a muscle the size of your fist.

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 01:02:08 am »
I agree with the three last posts here, honestly. I've been saying for a while now that I noticed a lot of FH's older users returning. Now, I know FH doesn't have as many people as we wanted it to have, however any increase is a increase nonetheless. Gathering the old users' return, the addition of new users and the fact FH has it's source code back has me about as hyper for this game as I'd be around 2011-2012, when FeralHeart was just taking it's first steps. If anything, the game feels like the figure of the Phoenix for me at the moment - Rebirthing from what for most would be considered 'ashes'.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 04:43:55 am »
i don't mind the stagnation. i do mind the idea of losing one of my favorite games.
i'm aware these are concepts that go hand in hand but i will stand by my statement.
 i know this is a very controversial thing to say and i understand staff have a different perspective and so do players from all different years.
tired of all the people who are standing on opposite sides of a fence and yelling how the game is or isn't dying. sure they are too.
i want to have hope for fh [and to an extent i do. i wouldn't log in pretty much every night if i didn't and i will keep doing so until i can't no more.] i love this game and this community. i feel like i belong here and i'm not alone in that regard. i don't care what happens within the higher up circles. whether we get a new server master or coder or whatever whatever, i can't be bothered. i just do not want to lose fh. and i am not alone in this regard.

i wish raz would breathe and realize he can trust more people than he thinks, but on the opposite side of the coin, trust is a years long process.

sigh.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:12 am »
But probably I should shut up... Before I end up becoming the one to blame once a raging news thread about everyone being an *awful person* shows up lol

LMFAO. Spirit, I admire your truthfulness and transparency, along with the rest of the development team bringing updates. I appreciate that you tell it how it is and don’t sugar over the major problems this game has. You do not deserve any blame.

I have almost no hope for this game. The hope I do have rests in the developers, but without Raz or another server master, this game will die. There is no denying that. But why would Raz want to come back here? Is it worth his energy? Only he can really answer that, and considering he is MIA, I would argue “no.” It is heartbreaking but without his presence, the game will not last much longer.

This game is continuing solely off of nostalgia—there is little to no new audience at this point. Neither is there a reason for any new one given the game’s circumstances.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 08:01:40 am »
This game is dead. End of story.
The people you guys praise aren't really that great ether.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 10:39:01 am »
After knowing most of them for 8 years, I beg to differ.

I think this thread is becoming too negative.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 11:55:13 am »
Yea. I can be considered a new audience! I joined in 2018, from all the old FeralHeart videos floating around. Let's try and keep it positive! Many new players are joining every week, there's a lot of new audience anyways!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 02:02:37 pm »
I do have to wonder... if the staff are as frustrated with Raz's position as xSpirit implies, why have you guys not just... taken over FH by now? You have the source, you could all withdraw and go make your own server with it if you really wanted to, and legally, Raz would have literally 0 power to stop you or do anything about it as he is not the legal copyright holder of the FH source.

So if Raz is THIS overbearing, and this uncaring, as you say, Spirit- why do you all /let/ him push you around? Why not just take the source and game, set it up with a new server host, and update the game with your vision? Why do you HAVE to listen to Raz?

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 02:22:12 pm »
I do have to wonder... if the staff are as frustrated with Raz's position as xSpirit implies, why have you guys not just... taken over FH by now? You have the source, you could all withdraw and go make your own server with it if you really wanted to, and legally, Raz would have literally 0 power to stop you or do anything about it as he is not the legal copyright holder of the FH source.

So if Raz is THIS overbearing, and this uncaring, as you say, Spirit- why do you all /let/ him push you around? Why not just take the source and game, set it up with a new server host, and update the game with your vision? Why do you HAVE to listen to Raz?

From my experience as a Moderator around when xSpirit had joined and we'd used the source code, Staff do not (or did not) have any access whatsoever. Completed projects/updates were implemented by either Raz or Spirit, I believe, the rest of us just put the work into making sure it was functioning, etc.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡