Author Topic: General Chat  (Read 3224 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
General Chat
« on: February 27, 2020, 05:36:36 pm »
I have a few questions in regards to the General Chat, of which was removed from main maps several years back.

How do you feel about the idea of it returning (hypothetically)? Do you think it would be beneficial to the game, or just make the old problems rise again? Do you feel it should return?

Let me know your thoughts on the subject. c:

SpicyDirt

Re: General Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 05:52:30 pm »
I wasn't around to experience the "mess" that was General Chat, heh, but I heard that because of how it was used in the past and honestly seeing how people use LOCAL chat now, I doubt it would be able to make a return without experiencing the same issues. Also, most people do hang around in one map, so I don't see the use of it personally. Maybe one day though!

l3irdie

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:37:35 pm »
I wasn't around when General was, but, in all honesty I don't see what could be or was so terrible about it. It could be abused, i.e someone spams or says some vulgar stuff but that happens in any and all chats regardless. The only issue is that it reaches such a large audience (i.e everyone in the whole map). But it wouldn't make all that much of a difference in the landscape Feral Heart is now.
 Everyone mostly chills in the entrance of The Grounds and that's where the bulk of discussion is these days and if people just didn't like how chaotic it could be, they can tune it off.

As far as I know it was very hotly contested whether or not it should've stayed. I don't know the reasons in full, but most online games have this function. Chats will be abused no matter what, local or not, it's however up to the individual to be accountable for their behavior and for things to be moderated.

I haven't been around that early, so I perhaps don't have much of a dog in this fight, but these are my thoughts. 

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 06:41:10 pm »
I was around when it was, and ngl the descriptions people make are quite spot on. Some people would go as far as using General to point out a specific user made a typo over Local, and I did see some people talking in that despite their characters being literally beside eachother, rip. So yeah, I'm not sure if there is a way for General to return without those issues either.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 11:32:31 am »
Personally, I'd love to see it return despite it's flaws which could be worked out.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 04:19:03 pm »
I was there for General and it was amazing. I loved it. I know a number of people want it back too. It was hectic and fast paced, plus it lets users spread out across the maps and talk instead of crowding around one area. It was really good for ads too instead of spamming movie ads. I miss it a lot, but we all know it's never coming back. It has been discussed for years but Raz refuses to let General back in. So I'm pretty bummed about it.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 04:41:48 pm »
I think it should come back. And if it does, it'll be way easier to talk to friends in other maps! Or advertise for your group easier.

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 07:42:22 pm »
As others have stated here and in the past multiple times, I as well would love for it to return; though maybe in better terms.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 07:54:23 pm »
i think in the current state of the game, general chat isn't very necessary anymore since everyone just accumulates in The Grounds, but i don't detest the idea of it coming back. it wouldn't be as hectic as it may have been before. maybe it'll motivate people to move to other maps? probably

i was around when it was still in the game and it honestly wasn't that bad 90% of the time, but that's just me.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 02:33:04 am »
i think it'd be fine if general came back, the game is more subdued, at least, in terms of the sheer number of people playing. i do get that it's pretty rowdy at times but rowdiness will find an outlet, and like queen said, most people are all in one place anyways [guilty as charged lol] so i think it'd be fine either way.
the thing is, i have a feeling if more of the playerbase used the forums, we'd have a lot of group recruiters plugging for it to come back. maybe not, tho. i do see a lot of people these days putting out adverts on the forums and leaving up a discord link which is a lot easier than making people say, tinyurl to join a group they might not stick around for. it's kind of always been a bit of hassle to advertise on this game, general or not, because if you're going for a professional [map/discord/site/whatever] thing, you can't put in links and either have to trust people's ability to copy a link or tinyurl it.
it's not that much work, but it can be a deterrent, at least imo.
could swing either way. i'm usually distracted enough as i play that i don't mind either way if the green comes back or not.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..