Author Topic: {Critique/Ideas/Recommendations/Discussion}  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Inryoku10

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hi! I'm into waterparks(band) & Dan and Phil.
    • View Profile
{Critique/Ideas/Recommendations/Discussion}
« on: March 01, 2020, 03:41:33 am »
Hello everyone! I just wanted to hop on here and start a thread. I don't know if anyone is ever active, because it looks like no one is.
This thread is just to discuss what improvements the devs could make. I don't want anyone saying anything rude because that's not what this thread is about.
We can just give some constructive criticism. Give some ideas and recommendations. And discuss what should be added and or what should be removed.
Now, I will get into my portion of the thread.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've played for about an hour so far and it could be better. The mouse sensitivity is so high. Anytime I want to click anything or move my character it makes me motion sick.
Another thing, I shouldn't have to have the website open in order to play. It should be coded to not depend on the website being open all the time. Not only could it lag some people's
computers (if not fast enough), but it can also easily crash. Which I have had this issue more than once and I have a pc so it's not an old laptop or anything.
I don't know why no one is ever online. It's really eerie and boring. There would be know point in playing if I'm the only one online. Not to mention, I don't even know what to do.
There's no tutorial or guide to tell me what to do and how to play. It would be good to invest a little of your time to add said feature.
One thing I do like is the 'creating character' part. Well, at least making a wolf that is. The cat look really awkward. But the wolf I made turned out pretty good.
The cat however, pretty mediocre. Though I get it's the style of the game which is fine. But I feel like the character making is pretty fun and easy to customize.
That however, is the only thing this game's got going for it. Not to say this game is "totally horrible and you should never play it", because it's definitely got potential.
I'm not a game designer/dev by any means. But I've played games for many many years. I've seen some really bad games, and this is not one of them fortunetely.
It could and probably will in the future be much better. If the devs haven't given up on this game, I'm not sure. But, if any of the developer are perhaps reading this,
I hope you take a little bit of my advice. And if you don't that's ok! Just don't get mad at me for criticizing lol. It's not meant to be mean in any way.
Just want to share my insight. And I hope that if anyone other than the devs reading this, add your insight as well. It would be beneficial and helpful for everyone
in the Feral Heart community.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Have a lovely day/afternoon/night where ever you are!
-Inryoku ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:46:29 am by Inryoku10 »

SpicyDirt

Re: {Critique/Ideas/Recommendations/Discussion}
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 04:51:24 am »
Hello!

I see your points/critiques and where they come from. Just to give you some background this game is a decent age (we celebrated 10 years not too long ago), so some of the stuff is outdated and because of how old it is many of the og players have gotten "too old" or have lost interest. However, there still actually is a pretty active community on this game! It just depends on when you get on.
As for the character models, I know that in our future update they seem to have quite a few plans. Every once in a while a staff member will give a hint or will show some spoilers of what is to come, but not enough to spoil the update!
The login page is needed due to an event in the past that almost shut the game down. There was an issue with hackers and having this login page keeps our servers safe and makes it harder for anyone who would wish to harm the game. c:

I'd say give it a bit longer and you might find some absolutely amazing things about this game. It isn't the best, but it is very special to quite a few players here and I hope that you'll find it special too!

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 04:54:59 am »
I'll agree with SpicyDirt here. FH hasn't had it's source code for.. What, 7-8 years now? They've only acquired it at the end of last year so they may just begin the 'content' updates again.

Cat model: Well, Feralheart was made as a 'sequel' to KovuLKD's Impressive Title, and both were made based on The Lion King. If you're unhappy with the models, I know of many mods and animations that improve the feline model if at least a bit.

As for the activity, yes, FH may not have as many users active as it once used (Yes, FH used to be a rather popular game) to have, but we have both old and new players coming up in a daily base, and the timing, as mentioned above, is really a factor as well.

What I do when I'm having lag issues regarding the login page is keeping a tab open in my phone while I play. As was said before, said page was a necessary addon when it was added, and trust me the staff has made many improvements on it since it initially was required.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 05:00:38 am by FriskTheRisk »

l3irdie

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 05:37:26 am »
Your feedback is valid nonetheless and don't feel like it really isn't. You're completely reasonable to hold an opinion, as someone whose just joined, and to discuss it with others.

But as others said, yes Feral Heart has been struggling for a few years now. The game is 9 years old.
The only thing that's really kept things afloat all these years is the community, it always has been. The game is in a bit of a timebox, stuck in 2012-13, it still uses the ogre engine from back then.
The source code has been out of reach for several years but it has been obtained and is in fairly good hands I'd say and the devs + staff who have hung around do want to bring good changes to the game, they just can't without the approval of the server master whose a bit MiA. I implore you to look around the discussion board and try to piece together what exactly that can of worms is.

There is a lot of truth in what you say however and you're not the only one alone in thinking this. A lot of people in the community do want to see changes like you've said, like getting rid of the login page, more things to do and just a light up here and there.
It may not be much at the moment, but hang around if you're still interested enough. Something good may come soon.
Thank you for your insight though❤️
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:57:03 pm by l3irdie »

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 08:25:54 am »
There's a menu option to disable the 'ground click' thing if that bugs you.  Oh, and ALT+TAB to reach windows outside the game if people didn't know that tip.
The log in page, is it even needed anymore?
And yes, there is time zones when people aren't really active, not sure why they often sit around and act nervous but if they were more active, other people would be too.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:32:20 am by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 02:51:35 am »
adding onto the game being 10 - i feel like i should jump in and say the staff didn't have the source code for a majority of those years. updates regarding anything that wasn't purely cosmetic were simply impossible and so players struck out and made a wide variety of original content. custom maps, markings, items, interfaces, etc just to keep things fresh for themselves.
a lot of the players aren't seen because they could be in private maps roleplaying, you could've been at the wrong place at the wrong time, anything, really. i promise people log in.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Inryoku10

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hi! I'm into waterparks(band) & Dan and Phil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 08:08:47 pm »
Thank you guys for responding so kindly. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant. I had thought no one played often, if at all. My apologies for not knowing much. I just thought people could use a newbie's honest opinion.
Again, thanks for being nice about it.

l3irdie

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 08:17:01 pm »
Thank you guys for responding so kindly. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant. I had thought no one played often, if at all. My apologies for not knowing much. I just thought people could use a newbie's honest opinion.
Again, thanks for being nice about it.

It's perfectly okay to not know much as someone who just joined <3 Dw, I think you expressed yourself just fine and I'm happy to have heard your thoughts :)