Poll

Which FeralHeart Version (And it's maps) do you prefer?

Feralheart 1.17
1 (14.3%)
Feralheart 1.11-1.13
5 (71.4%)
Feralheart+
0 (0%)
Other (Leave Comment)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 19, 2020, 10:14:24 pm

Author Topic: Version Opinions  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Fantasia_Cross

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • https://www.deviantart.com/unite
    • View Profile
Version Opinions
« on: March 12, 2020, 10:14:24 pm »
For reasons, I am curious as to what version of Feralheart you like(d) the most.
I joined Feralheart back in 2011 and it was when Feralheart+ had just begun to rise. I have been and always will be a Feralheart+ fan. TLK4EVR did good with that expansion. The maps were gorgeous, expansive and detailed. I wasn't a fan of the original FH for a while. But then I spent some time there, and years of memories were made. Both FH+ and the original Feralheart Maps will always be my favorites. My heart, my memories, were made there. Especially the music.

I am not dissing the new maps! They are gorgeous and full of detail as well! I have my preferences and opinions though. Just call me old fashioned. This far into life and Feralheart is where my rough teen years took place. Believe it or not, it's where I met my Husband (8 years ago now) and is now the reason why I live in Florida.

I'm very interested to hear your feedback, as I have a bit of surprise if it turns out I'm not the only person who misses the sprawling grass of Endless Plains, the lag inducing Ascension Island (it was the parkour challenge before parkour was cool),  or (yes), the L-Island. If you remember L-Island, your awesome.
Feel free to ask for my Discord in regards to Feralheart Topics.

l3irdie

Re: Version Opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 10:43:49 pm »
I do quite miss 1.13 a bit. While yes the original maps had their issues, they still had quite the charm that I don't think the new maps could really live up to, not to diss them or the mapmakers. But there was distinct biomes and more people that spread out rather than cling to one map. They had their issues but I have such strong memories with that version and I'll always look back at it fondly 

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 01:42:12 am »
I preferred FH+ back in the beginning, but I mostly used it for map-making due to the nicer textures so I don't have much nostalgia for the maps. After FH+ was gone, I was stuck with default FH, and I grew very attached to the maps.

The new maps are objectively better and are more fun to explore due to the amount of detail, but the classic ones will always be my favorite.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 02:06:35 am »
I'm gonna have to pick Feral Heart 1.17, since I never got to experience the older ones.

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline cattails

• ✨ mom said it's my turn on the xbox ✨
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • bee movie was okay
    • littlefelines.deviantART.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 01:45:05 pm »
I feel like no matter what happens with the maps, there will be people unsatisfied with the final decision. Seems like all of the options have downsides. :<

~ Leave the new maps and don't bring back in the old? Older members who want to feel nostalgic can't.

~ Bring back the old? They're too big and far too empty with the current member count we've got. Seeing Fluorite with >30 people in it all crowded around the stone bridge to advertise would just make me kinda sad, honestly.

~ FH+'s creator is no longer working on FH+, and hasn't been heard from in years as far as I know. FH's team can't really yoink his work without his permission, even if he's not around to say no.

~ Combining all the maps together would spread out the members too much or result in a bunch of maps that feel empty and/or no longer get used. :C

To jump off of l3irdie's point though, I do miss how much more spread out the community was back in its height. The new maps weren't really to blame for that, though. Things just changed over time. General being Canceled, the Hackpocalypse/addition of the Play Game tab, the creation of other games similar to FH, and lots of other stuff played parts, I'd venture to guess.