Author Topic: Know it it's a mod or admin!  (Read 1464 times)

Jixmix

Know it it's a mod or admin!
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:04:46 pm »
I'm not sure if their is a topic already saying this, but I thought of a feature that some other games have but Feral heart doesn't. I thought of when a moderator joins the game, for example Morgra is a moderator. And when Morgra would join the server it would say in the chat: Morgra(Moderator) has arrived. And when a global moderator like warriorstrike would join the server it would say: Warriorstrike(Global moderator) has arrived. And let's next say LordSuragaha joins the server it would say LordSuragaha(Admin) has arrived. This is what my idea is, Might not be the best but hopefully people reply and like the idea!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Know it it's a mod or admin!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 05:55:41 pm »
I like this idea! This was a feature in Impressive Title and I wonder why it was never one on this game. It would've been really helpful especially for people who don't check the forums.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:57:47 pm »
Hmm, I like this idea cx I've seen it used in some other games, and I quite like it.

I like this idea! This was a feature in Impressive Title and I wonder why it was never one on this game. It would've been really helpful especially for people who don't check the forums.

As WolfQueen said, it would be helped for people who don't check the forums to know who's who.
I'd enjoy having this in-game~
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:00:45 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 08:45:36 pm »
Thank you for your suggestion! I can certainly see how it would be helpful for those in-game who may not know who is part of the staff team get in touch with staff, or even to function as a kind of "alert" for folks online who would like to know if staff are available. There are a couple situations where this function might not be ideal, however.

In the past, staffing was considered a rather secretive thing-- no one knew who were mods and when they were online. Now, we have a public staff listing on the forum and do not operate under such hush-hush circumstances; you'll likely see moderators in-game from time to time, and most of them are more than happy to chat with you, so long as they are not busy monitoring the chat or managing questions in their inbox (as is their job). However, it is known by observation that rule-breakers tend to act up when they think staff are not around. If a moderator enters a map and someone points this out, it can lead rule-breakers to try to step out of line when they think they're off the hook. (This isn't necessarily a good move on their part, since reports are submitted often of behavior, even when staff are not online to moderate.) While staff are not "hiding" when we sit in the game, it is our job to be on the look out for behavior and take action when situations arise.

But, if someone sees that a staff member is in-game, wouldn't that lead to less rule-breaking? Not necessarily. More than likely, all it would do is promote a place for them to be "bad" whenever they see that staff are not online.

With a function like this one that sends off a little "bell" in the minds of those in-game, it would essentially lead to people acting out when they like and think they can get away with bad behavior. It makes staffing a lot harder. This is why we have refrained from incorporating functions on the forum that publically display when staff are online and which ones. Sometimes it's a good thing for us to be on the down-low. c:

I appreciate the suggestion, nonetheless! There would certainly be benefits to it, but the question is if it would outweigh the disadvantages. The forum provides a list of all current staff and is very easy to check, and staff will usually announce in-game when a moderator has joined the team, but it is true that one must visit the website to view it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:53:39 pm by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 12:30:44 am »
Quote v
Thank you for your suggestion! I can certainly see how it would be helpful for those in-game who may not know who is part of the staff team get in touch with staff, or even to function as a kind of "alert" for folks online who would like to know if staff are available. There are a couple situations where this function might not be ideal, however.

In the past, staffing was considered a rather secretive thing-- no one knew who were mods and when they were online. Now, we have a public staff listing on the forum and do not operate under such hush-hush circumstances; you'll likely see moderators in-game from time to time, and most of them are more than happy to chat with you, so long as they are not busy monitoring the chat or managing questions in their inbox (as is their job). However, it is known by observation that rule-breakers tend to act up when they think staff are not around. If a moderator enters a map and someone points this out, it can lead rule-breakers to try to step out of line when they think they're off the hook. (This isn't necessarily a good move on their part, since reports are submitted often of behavior, even when staff are not online to moderate.) While staff are not "hiding" when we sit in the game, it is our job to be on the look out for behavior and take action when situations arise.

But, if someone sees that a staff member is in-game, wouldn't that lead to less rule-breaking? Not necessarily. More than likely, all it would do is promote a place for them to be "bad" whenever they see that staff are not online.

With a function like this one that sends off a little "bell" in the minds of those in-game, it would essentially lead to people acting out when they like and think they can get away with bad behavior. It makes staffing a lot harder. This is why we have refrained from incorporating functions on the forum that publically display when staff are online and which ones. Sometimes it's a good thing for us to be on the down-low. c:

I appreciate the suggestion, nonetheless! There would certainly be benefits to it, but the question is if it would outweigh the disadvantages. The forum provides a list of all current staff and is very easy to check, and staff will usually announce in-game when a moderator has joined the team, but it is true that one must visit the website to view it.

Ahh yes, that's very true. Yeah, thinking about it, it wouldn't be all that good. Still a good idea nonetheless.
Thank you for enlightening cx

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 04:45:57 pm »
I was always a fan of the aura as opposed to the chat notification. But nowadays - Im a fan of the commando(lets pretend that means....tagless...). You neveer
know when they might pop up.

Jixmix

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:02:48 pm »
Thank you for the comments! I was replying to all of them for about 30 mins and it logged me out when I clicked post which made me a bit upset >_<

But anyway Thanks! I do see why it might not be a good idea, I know the staff are busy in real life too! I don't like bullying and it's no fun for anyone <3 Thanks to what Warriorstrike explained and everyone else!