Poll

Thoughts On Registration

Yes, Open 24/7 Registration
Open Registration On specific Days of the week
Keep registration at random unpredictable times

Author Topic: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL  (Read 9361 times)

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The Newer account of the user Pickles82
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL
« on: August 02, 2018, 06:37:51 pm »
Hello thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion and opinion! First of all I'd like to start by saying I've been on this game since I was 10 and I'm 18 now. Thats crazy! Well recently I've noticed the HUGE drop in activity which is very sad to me. As all of us members that have been here for a while know, we lack the source code. We can only make art modifications to the game. A lot of people have been quitting Feralheart because nothing is changing.
   NOW before you say "But NicNac we have the updates!", Thats not what I think is the problem here. As I've said, I joined when I was 10. I HAD NO IDEA what "literate" meant! I went around and asked all the advertisers at the cape portal because I desperately wanted to join Warriors Rps. Eventually someone answered my question. Long story short, Feralheart taught me how to write properly. I was in 4-5th grade I think! I'd spend my summers all day on the game over-dramatisizing my characters in my imagination while listening to music. We had such a huge community of people and so much passion for our characters and the RP! Wolf rps, Cat rps, Horse rps, Dragon rps, Street dogs, Humans, Lion king, Warriors, Angel, Demon, and even more!
  I think the reason why people are leaving is the lack of community. The only rps I ever see are Wolf packs, occasionally lion and Warriors. People are eager to join because the idea pleases them but when they join the reality is different. Its not how it used to be. Members are saying they want the old feralheart back and I think what they are meaning is they want the community to grow again. To be large and thrive. I see about 320 people online max each day. I remember when 800 max was online! I remember seeing ALL kinds of rps everywhere, literate or illiterate but the good thing was that people were having fun!
  Granted most of us were children and thats okay plus the point! How are we supposed to grow if other non-FH are interested in all these other kinds of games or they dont know what rp is because we are staying in our own little circle community. We arent that big in members and registration is mostly always closed so how are we supposed to grow if no one hears about us? What we need is free registration for everyone! For the curious kids who wander to find this game and join and LEARN how to rp, learn how to be literate and join our community! This is how we can grow. How are we expected to grow when registration is barely open? People are waiting to join and loosing interest waiting.
 What makes me really sad is the fact that the only people im running into are the same exact people I met 8 years ago. No one new! Rightnow everyones preoccupied by the same kinds of rps with the same people and adding a discord to better communicate because no one comes online into the game anymore as often. They join a group to be apart of but dont get on. Im guilty of this as well. I realize server lag is a problem and young children can cause problems but isnt that what we all went through? We cant grow as a community if we dont let diversity in, if we dont let anyone in at all. I think Feralheart can still function even though we dont have the source code. We just need to give the young ones a chance. This generation of FH kids are grown up/almost all grown up and we need the others to join now and continue to let us grow as a community.
 Dont get me wrong I enjoy the updates and all but this is a game who has the sole purpose of communicating with others. How are we supposed to fully enjoy the updates if there arent a lot of people the enjoy the updates with? I say open the registration and let whoever join. Let us grow again instead of keeping us halted at a stop because the longer this goes on it seems the more the community depletes.. Plus who wouldnt find it entertaining and fun to teach kids how to rp and why the red eyewhile angry cliche shouldnt be used? XD Also for all my oldies out there, "Hello general ;) "
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:32:35 am by NicNac »

But go off

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 07:30:39 pm »
Hello general! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   

I believe we should have registration open during holidays, random weekends, or do something like Flight Rising used to do.

I see your reasoning, though. At the same time, there are newbies that require our aid anyway!~ That, and they seem to learn on their own over time, much like we did.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:12:12 pm »
Pretty much, open registration, watch what happens (what's the worst that could happen?).  If i was in charge it's likely have happened already, but i'm not.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 12:07:42 am »
Hello general! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   

I believe we should have registration open during holidays, random weekends, or do something like Flight Rising used to do.

I see your reasoning, though. At the same time, there are newbies that require our aid anyway!~ That, and they seem to learn on their own over time, much like we did.
Well if its open at specific times like that, thats still not much time. I say we open registration completley for just a bit and see what happens. If the number of people increases too much we can close it but if the number doesnt increase quickly it means we need to spread the word about Feralheart again. Perhaps keep it open around the update and let newbies join. I think opening it completley even for just a bit would be a good jump for the community. We may have a few newbies but I think we need more. Tbh I think the attitude of FH needs to change. Now its just a bunch of advanced rpers that are teaching very few newbies to be exactly the same as them, only accepting super literate people who know what they are doing with super strict rules, all the mass markings, all the items, all the maps. There arent really any mapless or newb friendly rp AT ALL.

But go off

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:01:07 am »
I like this idea.

I think there is a fine line on protecting the game and slowly killing it.

Everyone waits for registraction to open to make accounts for friends, I know people waiting months for it to open but lost interest because they don't have as free time as they used to and lack of enthusiasm can damage the game.

I agree that we need new people because the old community grew confident to 'Oh well I am known already' and it's sad because they get so judgemental over newbie characters, 'iliterate' designs and mapless roleplays, even with fandom characters, and it grew to be an obnoxious place to chill to the point whatever you say, do, create might trigger someone.

We need the old Roleplays where everyone, despite the literature, would join. New people need a chance to explore the game and bring new ideas (roleplaying or not) in it.

Unfortunately the new maps have more than enough similar features with eachother so people don't hang around too much and only prefer staying in The Grounds and it's really a recruiting place only so there isn't really any space to roleplay where alot of people are around except from Cherika Valley which is one of the best maps, if not the best, in the entire update.

I missed the horse, deer, fox, dragon, bird, cougar, sabertooth RPs around. The variety of roleplays is slowly dying to three options and even so people still judging everything moving.

I think new people will make the tension vanish and it would be new experience all over again~
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 02:29:38 am »
Pretty much, open registration, watch what happens (what's the worst that could happen?).  If i was in charge it's likely have happened already, but i'm not.
I think that would be the best option in my opinion
I like this idea.

Everyone waits for registraction to open to make accounts for friends, I know people waiting months for it to open but lost interest because they don't have as free time as they used to and lack of enthusiasm can damage the game.

I agree that we need new people because the old community grew confident to 'Oh well I am known already' and it's sad because they get so judgemental over newbie characters, 'iliterate' designs and mapless roleplays, even with fandom characters, and it grew to be an obnoxious place to chill to the point whatever you say, do, create might trigger someone.

We need the old Roleplays where everyone, despite the literature, would join. New people need a chance to explore the game and bring new ideas (roleplaying or not) in it.

Unfortunately the new maps have more than enough similar features with eachother so people don't hang around too much and only prefer staying in The Grounds and it's really a recruiting place only so there isn't really any space to roleplay where alot of people are around except from Cherika Valley which is one of the best maps, if not the best, in the entire update.

I missed the horse, deer, fox, dragon, bird, cougar, sabertooth RPs around. The variety of roleplays is slowly dying to three options and even so people still judging everything moving.

I think new people will make the tension vanish and it would be new experience all over again~
Some people are saying that the admins and such dont have control of the registration. I think that is very untrue. They have changed the registration multiple times. Unless they've some how miraculously lost control over it, its VERY unlikely. At first I thought they were trying to get FH to die down but with this new patch coming out I'm hoping thats not the case

But go off

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 03:07:44 pm »
Yeah, I remember I managed to register because I just plain got lucky with how much free time I had.

It does seem like an oddball choice to have the registration on random for an hour two times a day. They once put it in effect because all the new users registering and playing overloaded the server. Nowadays I'm sure whether that's necessary anymore. However, if we have registrations open 24/7 again the problem could potentially come back. What the staff CAN do with the current player decrease is put open registration for one day in the week. This has been requested many times before to no avail.

I think there's something else the admins can do to increase the flow of new members, though. The idea is that the registration still opens at random, but the staff could simply increase the odds for wannabe-new members instead. This can be done by either increasing how often registration opens or extending how long registration remains open. That might be a relatively small change compared to what other members suggested, but every bit helps.

Oh, and inform new players better about the "Play Game" page on the website. Not everyone reads stickied threads on the forum before launching the FeralHeart program. I don't know how many questions of people being unable to login to the game have been answered by sending them to the Play Game tab in the Game Help board. Implementing this should save everyone some time and frustration. Only having the error "can't connect to front server" does not help.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:09:15 pm by Michen_S »

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »

It does seem like an oddball choice to have the registration on random for an hour two times a day. They once put it in effect because all the new users registering and playing overloaded the server. Nowadays I'm sure whether that's necessary anymore. However, if we have registrations open 24/7 again the problem could potentially come back. What the staff CAN do with the current player decrease is put open registration for one day in the week. This has been requested many times before to no avail.

Well FH isnt really that popular anymore. If we keep it open yes we'll certainly get some new people but I think its time to get the server like that again. We need to get the bustle and boom back to our community. We cant just keep trickling people in, because we are currently deteriorating faster than we are building. To be honest, it would be great to get the server like that because it would be the jump we need. Newbies are here to greet newbies, experienced players can greet the new, new will be able to make a group and actually get members to join instead of sitting in The Grounds getting ignored by the experienced players because we are too literate for them or they arent literate enough or that they dont know the basics.

Rightnow, WE are the problem. Recently, I've been sitting and observing the grounds and especially yesterday, what made me sad was the fact that someone was sitting there
 alone by the water, advertising A MOVIE saying, "does anyone wanna talk?", REPEATEDLY! The only people around were tabbed out or advertising for their own group. Not to
 mention yesterday I saw three groups advertising for a DISCORD roleplay in FERALHEART. They specifically stated that they were only advertising in FH and that they wouldnt
 be roleplaying in game. These "discorded/sited" groups are whats helping bring us to our knees. Now nothing is wrong with roleplaying on discord. The problem is that people
 arent even playing the game anymore. They are feeding off of the community instead of joining back in.

Not to mention the only people I have seen that pay super close attention to the registration, are people who already have an account that want to make another one just so they can change their username. I am guilty of that personally but, this is the one time I will ever do it. I think we need to advertise FH again. If the staff is going to make updates, they should honestly open registration. They cant make an update for a game thats not going to be played. I mean hell, make cool videos, tell others about it, hype up the new update and once its released, open the registration. Let new players and old who lost their accounts come and enjoy a full community again.

But go off

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 07:36:26 pm »

Well FH isnt really that popular anymore. If we keep it open yes we'll certainly get some new people but I think its time to get the server like that again. We need to get the bustle and boom back to our community. We cant just keep trickling people in, because we are currently deteriorating faster than we are building. To be honest, it would be great to get the server like that because it would be the jump we need. Newbies are here to greet newbies, experienced players can greet the new, new will be able to make a group and actually get members to join instead of sitting in The Grounds getting ignored by the experienced players because we are too literate for them or they arent literate enough or that they dont know the basics.

Rightnow, WE are the problem. Recently, I've been sitting and observing the grounds and especially yesterday, what made me sad was the fact that someone was sitting there
 alone by the water, advertising A MOVIE saying, "does anyone wanna talk?", REPEATEDLY! The only people around were tabbed out or advertising for their own group. Not to
 mention yesterday I saw three groups advertising for a DISCORD roleplay in FERALHEART. They specifically stated that they were only advertising in FH and that they wouldnt
 be roleplaying in game. These "discorded/sited" groups are whats helping bring us to our knees. Now nothing is wrong with roleplaying on discord. The problem is that people
 arent even playing the game anymore. They are feeding off of the community instead of joining back in.

Not to mention the only people I have seen that pay super close attention to the registration, are people who already have an account that want to make another one just so they can change their username. I am guilty of that personally but, this is the one time I will ever do it. I think we need to advertise FH again. If the staff is going to make updates, they should honestly open registration. They cant make an update for a game thats not going to be played. I mean hell, make cool videos, tell others about it, hype up the new update and once its released, open the registration. Let new players and old who lost their accounts come and enjoy a full community again.

I am reading this topic but wasnt responding yet, since i didnt knew what to say.
As retired FH staff and now owner of a new own game i agree that FH has lost a giant amount of its daily online users. A lot have left after the maps update, and who knows what happens to them when some old maps are hopefully get back?
On the other hand, players usually grow out of FH and considering for how long reg is restricted, yes, old players maybe grew out and therefore left, restricted reg however prevents a healthy flow of new ones getting in. Double accounts, right now, probably are a thing to handle again when its needet to. Right now my opinion is that the userbase needs to get healthy again. Considering how many guests are viewing the forum, FH could probably get a whooping 100 to 200 new players at once. And those maybe tell their friends and spread more and more the word of FH so it can grow back to being healthy.

However, i am sure this topic, as hot as it is nowadays, is still a thing to staff. The pros in sight of users probably are big, but things need to be seen and understood from different sides.

I am too hoping that FH rises again, its users and staff are still great and deserve a healthy and active community.

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 10:01:30 pm »
I think that would be the best option in my opinion
I like this idea.

Some people are saying that the admins and such dont have control of the registration. I think that is very untrue. They have changed the registration multiple times. Unless they've some how miraculously lost control over it, its VERY unlikely. At first I thought they were trying to get FH to die down but with this new patch coming out I'm hoping thats not the case

Admins don't have control of registraction indeed. I think Raz is the only one who's in charge of it and I don't think they want it to die but just protect it, however this over-protection is slowly killing it. People are not as attached and drained to FH as they used to and registraction opening randomly is a huge factor of that. People get angry they can't play the game on they day-offs because they don't have an account so they just give up on it. I think shutting the registraction is a huge problem.

I am reading this topic but wasnt responding yet, since i didnt knew what to say.
As retired FH staff and now owner of a new own game i agree that FH has lost a giant amount of its daily online users. A lot have left after the maps update, and who knows what happens to them when some old maps are hopefully get back?
On the other hand, players usually grow out of FH and considering for how long reg is restricted, yes, old players maybe grew out and therefore left, restricted reg however prevents a healthy flow of new ones getting in. Double accounts, right now, probably are a thing to handle again when its needet to. Right now my opinion is that the userbase needs to get healthy again. Considering how many guests are viewing the forum, FH could probably get a whooping 100 to 200 new players at once. And those maybe tell their friends and spread more and more the word of FH so it can grow back to being healthy.

However, i am sure this topic, as hot as it is nowadays, is still a thing to staff. The pros in sight of users probably are big, but things need to be seen and understood from different sides.

I am too hoping that FH rises again, its users and staff are still great and deserve a healthy and active community.

At this point, I am sorry to say but double accounts exist so friends of the user creators can join the game. When last registraction opened I have made accounts for my friends who could never play the game because of registraction. Sub/alt accounts are not what the game needs, it's the new people it needs.

The old people grew to know one way to roleplay and thats literate, realistic and mapped Warrior cats, Lion or Wolf roleplays. It needs the new people to roam around maps, have fun and get te community rise to a friendlier one.

There was a new member asking for people to play with them while I was recruiting and most of the 'old' community ignored them and were, infact, rude to them. This is why it needs new members. So they can explore together and play with eachother without the need to care about being literate, mapped or realistic. Just to have fun.
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD