Author Topic: Friend Sync  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Friend Sync
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 04:20:14 pm »
I believe implementing FeralHeart's Game API will allow us to add a number of features to our site, including a list of all groups and their members.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:58:29 pm by MoonlitSaint »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 05:12:24 am »
Unfortunately, this wouldn't work out. It would be a lot of work on the server as it would need to keep itself up-to-date all the time. Cute idea, though<3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 10:36:04 pm »
Unfortunately, this wouldn't work out. It would be a lot of work on the server as it would need to keep itself up-to-date all the time. Cute idea, though<3

Actually, it could work if the forum simply used the friend list database that the game uses.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 10:42:27 pm »
Perhaps the same function that the old forum layout had a few years ago with showing how many users where online in public as well as private maps.
I beleive it was similar to What Moonlit said.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 11:08:02 pm »
Perhaps the same function that the old forum layout had a few years ago with showing how many users where online in public as well as private maps.
I'd love for this to return, I always felt it brought attention to mapped roleplays with many members in the map, would have people eyeing the map name like "Ohhh, that seems interesting, it's very active from what I can see" sort of thing, feel like it would bring quite a few members back with booming roleplays, as it'd likely bring activity up as well. Would be nice to be able to see who's online in a map of a roelplay you're in without having to ask and all that.
artwork by dehvina

wolfdog01

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 04:46:41 am »
I'd love for this to return, I always felt it brought attention to mapped roleplays with many members in the map, would have people eyeing the map name like "Ohhh, that seems interesting, it's very active from what I can see" sort of thing, feel like it would bring quite a few members back with booming roleplays, as it'd likely bring activity up as well. Would be nice to be able to see who's online in a map of a roelplay you're in without having to ask and all that.

Not to get sidetracked but I very much agree with bringing the little maps on the side of the website back.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 04:17:14 pm »
I personally don't use the buddy/ignore list on the site, but for those that do this may be a really helpful idea! The only problem I can see with this is I believe you can add anyone on the forums as a buddy, so you can add all the staff members, for example, and then this sync would automatically make them friends in game. That's simply one example, though you might login one day to have a bunch of completely random people on your friends list haha

You are amazing <3

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »
I personally don't use the buddy/ignore list on the site, but for those that do this may be a really helpful idea! The only problem I can see with this is I believe you can add anyone on the forums as a buddy, so you can add all the staff members, for example, and then this sync would automatically make them friends in game. That's simply one example, though you might login one day to have a bunch of completely random people on your friends list haha
This problem could be solved by only allowing friends to be added in-game.