Author Topic: How To Download and Get Maps, Meshes, Emotes, and More In-Game  (Read 18578 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Interested in how to download your own maps, meshes, etc.? Well, you've come to the right place!

Note that I am using a Windows computer, so this may be different depending on what computer you use.

Let's use my Endless Tunnel for example.

First, look at the screenshots if they're provided. If it looks like a nice map, find the download link and of course, click on it. Wait for Adfly, then when it gets to Mediafire or whatever File sharing site it's at, click the download and a pop up may come up. Just X it out. Then click on the file once it's done downloading. It will open up Windows Explorer. Just take all the fh_ files and drag them into Local Disk (c)>Feralheart>Exports. Go into Feralheart and the map shall be there! But for other maps, you must do a few more steps.
If there's terrain that's not in-game, just drag that into Local Disk (C)>Feralheart>Media>Terrains>Textures
If there's music, put that in I believe Local Disk (C)>Feralheart>Media>Sounds

ITEMS:

Items are fun! So let's gets some! I use Thierry's item pack, so that's what I'll use as an example.
First, look over it, see if you like the items, and if so, find the download link. Thierrys has an option of a ZIP file or self installer. I used the installer before the ZIP came out but I'll explain ZIP anyways XD
Wait for adfly, then click on the download link on mediafire or whatever file sharing website used. Click on the file once it finishes downloading, and you'll see meshes and materials and whatever XD Find the item.cfg and drag that into Local Disk (C)>Feralheart. Replace the original file. Then drag the rest of the files into Local Disk (C)>Feralheart>Media>Items. You should have some beautiful or amusing items now!

Items to download:

Converted IW Items - http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=15849.0
Some Items here - http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=22971.0

-MORE TO BE ADDED SOON-

OBJECTS:

There's two ways on how to download objects, depending on if they're grouped or not.

First, find a object/mesh you like. Click the download link, wait for adfly, and download it from Media fire or whatever file sharing site it is. Once it's finished downloading, click the file and Windows Explorer will pop up. If there is no file that is an object file, drag everything into Local Disk(C)>Feralheart>Media>Objects>My_objects. Then, start Feralheart and go to Tools>Object maker. Type in the mesh name and it should come up. Remember, Object maker is CASE SeNsItIvE. So that may screw it up. Then, save the object in a group. Name it whatever, but don't make it too long.
Now, do the same. Download the object and click on the file. This is for if there is an object file. Drag all the meshes and materials and etc. into the same spot as before, but put the Object file in Local Disk (C)>Feralheart>Media>Objects

EMOTES:

Emotes are very easy to get. Find a thread with emotes, and they should have codes for the emotes. Copy + Paste the codes (Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V) into the items.cfg in Local Disk (C)>Feralheart.

Remember, not  EVERYTHING works for everyone! Lots of people can't download maps, and my friend says that if he downloads emotes his game will crash.

If you want any more tutorials on downloading Feralheart stuff just tell me below! :D I'll also provide some pictures if requested enough.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:49:01 am by greenart6 »

Offline zoowolf3

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How To Download and Get Maps, Meshes, and Emotes In-Game
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »
 :D :D :D :D thx so much! this really helped
 :P ;D

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: How To Download and Get Maps, Meshes, and Emotes In-Game
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 12:53:20 am »
:D :D :D :D thx so much! this really helped
 :P ;D

You're welcome! ^^

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: How To Download and Get Maps, Meshes, Emotes, and More In-Game
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 07:55:14 am »
Finally something helpful to read. This helped me alot and I am gonna copy and past it into my "feralheart help folder" with a note. :D

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 07:57:22 am »
Well done, my friend! You made it brief and detailed at the same time. ;3 I'm sure this will help people understand how to install textures, meshes and such.  +floof

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!

Offline STCats007

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:32:02 pm »
I have a question for the maps. I have a map with multi-maps inside of it (Gates to other maps). But I'm trying to find out where the gates.cfg go when the person is trying to get to one of the in-map maps. I tried with a friend to go into another map by a portal, but he just ended up without any portals in his game. And I know why; it is because the gates are absent. But I don't know where the gates go in the folders. Please help!

Offline Issa

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 01:31:23 am »
What happens if the Material just says Basewhite? o-o

Offline Catridigo

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 07:26:50 pm »
What happens if the Material just says Basewhite? o-o

The same thing keeps happening to me!!  >:(

HEEELP

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »
Sorry for not responding to this thread for a while guys!

If the material comes up as BaseWhite, find the material file associated with the mesh and open it up. Replace BaseWhite with whatever Material is in the file. Or, if the objects come with a read-me, follow that.

Offline LunaDash8087LR

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »
Very nice map! :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:31:16 pm by LunaDash8087LR »