Author Topic: How to fix the horrible FH+ black screen. [1.13]  (Read 71997 times)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
How to fix the horrible FH+ black screen. [1.13]
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »
This works for version 1.13

IF YOUR CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN IS NOT BLACK GO TO THIS LINK: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16805.msg225267#msg225267

Try doing this, it fixed it for me... I suspect this is caused by a problem with the installer. If you are having problems with the home point after trying this, or your character creation screen isn't black then please see: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16805.msg225267#msg225267

The problem is that your screen looks like this.

This is the default installation. If you installed it and it looked like this, backup your custom stuff, go uninstall your FH+ and delete the entire file.

I had another go and think I can offer something extra people can do to make sure this works. It seems to have worked for me.

Just in case people don't do this as well because it might not be entirely clear for some people: When uninstalling FH+, use the game's uninstaller. Do not just delete the programs folder or use windows add/remove.

Once you've uninstalled, double-check that the program folder is gone. Then use a cleaning program like CrapCleaner to get rid of any temporary files that might be lurking.

You are now ready to do a clean install. Follow Sameth's instructions, and make sure when you name the directory you use all letters. In other words, don't name the directory FH+. Name it FH or FHPLUS, doesn't matter as long as it is all letters.

Like I said, I had problems on all 3 pcs I tried it on, but as soon as I had used CCleaner after the uninstall, they all started working.

Start reinstalling it until you get to that point in the installation.

Type this into the box instead of the default location. C:\FHPLUS or C:\FeralHeartPlus or something similar.

Now bask in the glory of a beautifully working FH+.

If the screen is still black in maps be sure to log into the regular FH and move your character to Bonfire island before logging into FH+.

IF THIS GUIDE DOESN'T WORK GO TO THIS LINK: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16805.msg225267#msg225267

The game's default "go home" position is Lonely Cave, which does not exist in FH+, so it traps you in maps! To get your existing characters into FH+, go onto FH and then change your home into either bonfire or the cape then log in to FH+ from one of the locations,or click "go home" to warp to whichever you chose. Or you could read my guide on how to make the home position work:http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16805.msg225267#msg225267

Enjoy! If you have any questions, please post them! I can help!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:03:59 pm by Sameth »

Nina Istatkov

Re: How to fix the horrible FH+ black screen.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:44:05 pm »
Rally Thanks . I will go and try it out . BTW: is a problem for FH+ when I play also the normal FH?

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:56:02 pm »
Rally Thanks . I will go and try it out . BTW: is a problem for FH+ when I play also the normal FH?

Please let me know how well it works for you :) This isn't a problem for the normal FH, and you can play both versions together with no problem :)

Myuuchu

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:11:16 pm »
It is a problem for the normal FH. I have the same and so far it's not working =(

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:13:09 pm »
If you're having the problem with the normal FH as well, there is something else wrong. Try updating you video card drivers or changing rendering modes.

Nina Istatkov

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »
Hey for me it worked . Thanks again

Offline HIGURASHI Alice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Teehee, Chocobo faic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »
*Flail* Thank you, Sameth. I'm really unsure why you're not a moderator or something; you're very helpful and amazing at understanding and fixing errors/helping others. 8I

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Ebonystar calls forth SinClan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:11:35 am »
I need help, some players with FH+ are on FLUORITE PLAINS not ENDLESS Plains, I MUST know how D:< One player said there was a tutorial and/or extra download. 38 I can't copy and paste the map from regular FH into FH+. What do I dooo!? 38
Wonderful advice: BUT U R A GREAT PERSON. Not lazy, not selfish, not a jerk. Ignore them, is my advice. Thanks Twizzler!

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 04:23:36 am »
I need help, some players with FH+ are on FLUORITE PLAINS not ENDLESS Plains, I MUST know how D:< One player said there was a tutorial and/or extra download. 38 I can't copy and paste the map from regular FH into FH+. What do I dooo!? 38

I'm not too sure about why this is. If you're searching your friends in FH+ and it says Flourite plains they are just playing FH, even though you are on FH+.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 04:29:07 am »
*Flail* Thank you, Sameth. I'm really unsure why you're not a moderator or something; you're very helpful and amazing at understanding and fixing errors/helping others. 8I

Thank you very much, hearing that makes me feel all warm inside~

*edit* Sorry for the double post, I was going to modify my last one and copy and paste this but...I didn't. Oops.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:30:41 am by Sameth »