• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Chillin' with metal and noodles
    • swiftkill18
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Links
« on: June 25, 2020, 02:31:47 pm »
I don't really know where to put this, but, when I click on a link to a map or markings on the forum it leads me to a weird site http://fiaharam.net and I was wondering if this was normal.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:34:33 pm by Legendum »
Gif from Princess Mononoke

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Links
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 02:47:32 pm »
Mmmm AdFly, hate it, you are normally able to skip it after 5 seconds in the top right corner. If this is the exact site you are getting and you are unable to click skip I suggest PMing the owner of the map and/or markings to see if they are able to send you a direct link.

AdFly is added by the forums, I think it helps pay for the forum or game (don't quote me on that though). It is a breeding ground for viruses so try not to dig into it
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:50:09 pm by Chipz »

Offline Legendum

• swiftkill18
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 03:02:13 pm »
Oh I see! I kinda hate when it does this and generaly I can't skip it. Thank you for your reply, it really helps 'cause it does this almost every time, and was really tired of this. Well, I'm glad to know that now. Thank you so much ^^

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 03:05:29 pm »
Oh I see! I kinda hate when it does this and generaly I can't skip it. Thank you for your reply, it really helps 'cause it does this almost every time, and was really tired of this. Well, I'm glad to know that now. Thank you so much ^^
I'm glad I could help! I'm sorry their is no direct fix, I wonder if an adblocker would help

Offline Legendum

• swiftkill18
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 03:10:23 pm »
I'm using an adblocker, but it says that I should enable it and I can't skip, and when I enable it comes back and I still can't skip it. So I guess I'll pm the owner of the map or markings for a direct link for now on.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 08:07:15 pm »
Adf.ly is heck. If you wanna let your downloading link free from any ads (If you'll upload any preset), it's recommended to use GoogleDrive If you have account. Just small tip c;
On new account Aiiokia

SpicyDirt

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 08:08:34 pm »
Since this has been all explained and such I'll be locking it now. Also, next time I'd point you in the direction of the help boards with this and any other questions in the future. C:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:01:15 pm by SpicyDirt »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 09:26:52 pm »
This is still locked but I wanted to come in and correct some misinformation:

- Ad.fly is not affiliated with the FH site in any way and it is not funding the servers.

Ad.fly comes from MediaFire specifically which has no affiliation with the funding of the FeralHeart servers. MediaFire usage is up to an individual person uploading their mod for people to download. None of the FH official links to downloads go through MediaFire nor do we endorse it as a platform. FH users just use MediaFire to upload their maps/presets/etc. and that happens to direct to ad.fly links.

The only ads that fund the servers are the ones you see on the login page and the official site.

Also if you copy and paste the link into your URL bar it won't go through ad.fly. c:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:59:31 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.