Author Topic: How to fix the horrible FH+ black screen. [1.13]  (Read 72006 times)

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to fix the horrible FH+ black screen. [1.13]
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:12 pm »
I tried this. it worked for the first time, every time after wards it goes too black.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »
I tried this. it worked for the first time, every time after wards it goes too black.

What did you type in to the "directory" box? Also, you can not use your old shortcut, instead run it from your c drive.

ElderberrieS

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:50 pm »
Thank you very much Sameth :) Worked awesomely. :)

Kieu

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 12:54:43 am »

What did you type in to the "directory" box? Also, you can not use your old shortcut, instead run it from your c drive.

This has happened to me too.

Windows 7 has two program directories. Normal "Program Files" for 64-bit and "Program Files (x86)" for 32-bit. The new FH+ game does not work in either of these directories, nor does it work correctly by giving it its own directory in computers less than 1 year old (I have tried this on 3 brand new home computers running different windows specs). The game will work on the first install, then remain black on the next launch. This is the result of following the main topics instructions and launching straight from the C drive etc.

I would suggest that someone look at it properly and provide a fully working game. Clearly if it can't function on a basic level of launching for people there's something fundamentally wrong /: I don't mean that to sound harsh, because I know the game is hard work to maintain. However, I have not gotten it to work on 3 brand new top of the range gaming computers... and it should be able to work from the OS default program directories, really.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:05:59 am by Kieu »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2012, 01:24:05 am »
The people who have the power to make it properly working....will not be looking at this thread. Please take up your issue with Simba, or ask Red to forward it to Kov. I have sent a message to Simba, who will likely fix it for the next FH+ update. I am not able to do anything more than provide a temporary fix. I'm sorry this didn't work for you, and I'm saddened that this game isn't playable to everyone.

Your theory about it not working on new computers is incorrect, as my computer is brand new as of late last summer. There could be a number of other reasons as to why it doesn't work, and unfortunately I cannot offer a solution other than the one posted.

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

It went into C;Feralheart+ (i made a new folder for it)   Also I ran it from the C; (also i always delete any shorcuts I don't use use anymore, to stop my desktop getting cluttered) XD

But hopefully it will get fixed for the next update, and I don't mind waiting for the next update to try that one out, but thanks for the help anyway! XD
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:57:36 pm by meowool »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:07 pm »
Sorry it didn't work for you :(

Kieu

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2012, 12:56:19 am »
I had another go and think I can offer something extra people can do to make sure this works. It seems to have worked for me.

Just in case people don't do this as well because it might not be entirely clear for some people: When uninstalling FH+, use the game's uninstaller. Do not just delete the programs folder or use windows add/remove.

Once you've uninstalled, double-check that the program folder is gone. Then use a cleaning program like CrapCleaner to get rid of any temporary files that might be lurking.

You are now ready to do a clean install. Follow Sameth's instructions, and make sure when you name the directory you use all letters. In other words, don't name the directory FH+. Name it FH or FHPLUS, doesn't matter as long as it is all letters.

Like I said, I had problems on all 3 pcs I tried it on, but as soon as I had used CCleaner after the uninstall, they all started working.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2012, 06:31:20 am »
I had another go and think I can offer something extra people can do to make sure this works. It seems to have worked for me.

Just in case people don't do this as well because it might not be entirely clear for some people: When uninstalling FH+, use the game's uninstaller. Do not just delete the programs folder or use windows add/remove.

Once you've uninstalled, double-check that the program folder is gone. Then use a cleaning program like CrapCleaner to get rid of any temporary files that might be lurking.

You are now ready to do a clean install. Follow Sameth's instructions, and make sure when you name the directory you use all letters. In other words, don't name the directory FH+. Name it FH or FHPLUS, doesn't matter as long as it is all letters.

Like I said, I had problems on all 3 pcs I tried it on, but as soon as I had used CCleaner after the uninstall, they all started working.

I'm going to quote this in my first post, it's very helpful, thank you :)

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 09:16:57 pm »
Also I tried it agian just in case, and i found out if you set the home to bonfire (anywhere where it's the same in FH) then after you've finished playing, 'go home' then you should be fine next time you play in FH or FH+