Poll

Pettition for the return of the report button to make FeralHeart a safer place!

YES!
28 (87.5%)
NO!
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Pettition for the return of the report button to make FeralHeart a safer place!  (Read 7433 times)

Offline radioactivedark

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • i like bread
    • fur-creations
    • outrotearz
    • @im_smol_gae
    • View Profile
    • untitled_lion_game.exe - My IT server
This would be a useful way to implement the idea Raz had, which, while not the brightest, was of good intention.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:26:59 am by fur.creations »
I keep trying to escape the Dragonsreach dungeon, but I'm dummy thicc, and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the guards.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
We had a report button? :o
doing what i feel like

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Not too familiar with how the old report button functioned, but if there would be a way to report users in-game, might save some hassle. I feel like there should be some sort of option built-in to the chat to report specific messages and provide an exact spot in the chat log. Screenshots can sometimes be unreliable, so having a direct message reported helps provide proof and the name of the rulebreaker (screenshots can be unreliable in that regard, since there are some glitches out there to make it seem like someone else is saying something without them actually saying it).

There'd need to be a lot of consideration put into how a report button would function, since however it worked last time obviously didn't seem to do the job. I support the return of the report button in some way, though it's gotta be certain it'll be functional and useful instead of a hassle.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
This is a thread that could have been opened up with a lot more of a considerate attitude for the feelings of others. For instance, insulting Raz will not get your idea implemented.
There is no necessity to compare the work and leadership qualities of two very valuable members of FH. No one is better than the other.

As for the Report button, I do believe it needs a return. Even if revamped, or brought back with it's normal ways. Wuite a useful button.
Rather agree with what Torskite has said.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Ah, I've seen this topic mentioned quite a bit, especially recently.

Agreeing with Scally on this one; not sure insulting and comparing Raz to an ex-staff who had an entirely different role during their time here is going to help the situation. Raz has done an exceptional job at keeping this game afloat. There's always reasoning behind the staff's actions, and that includes their decision on whether or not implementing the report button back into the game is a good idea and if it's possible (as previously it didn't work out). I'm somewhat on the fence about this concept, although, if it were possible to bring it back with the needed improvements so that it's 100% functional, I'd say it'd be helpful, so long as people don't abuse it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:05:43 am by Sigyrn »

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
You can just as easily take a screenshot and send it to a member of staff on the forum.
RETIRED.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
You can just as easily take a screenshot and send it to a member of staff on the forum.

This is also something I wanted to mention in my post. I do prefer reporting on the forums, it's neat and doesn't take much time. I don't think the staff can take action any quicker if the report is sent in game rather than on the forums, all just depends on when they see the reports. It really doesn't take much effort to use the forums.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Using the forum to report is just as easy if not easier as well as just as likely to be seen. However, I did see an idea to make the report button be a link to the forum, with that it'd take you right to where you need to go to file a report or learn how to do so. Just my thoughts though.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Despite having the forum to report to, it would be much quicker and easier to have it built into the game. For instance, if a child were to play he or his parents may be confused on how to report to to the multi step process.
I'm for this.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
You make it sound like it's such a simple and easy thing to just "implement".
Yet I'm sure a lot of people wanting it don't know anything about coding, and even less people would understand Ogre.

I'm sure there is a reason why it hasn't been added yet, who knows what will appear in the future.

Not saying it's a bad thought. I would however think about wording myself differently.
Keep in mind that there is a lot of stuff being discussed between staff, Raz, MOTS etc.
At the moment there are no MOTS due to them becoming MITs.
RETIRED.