Author Topic: Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)  (Read 9332 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:05:45 pm »
Okay... Okay... I admit.
I kinda wish I could get a custom title... To feel like one of those “special kids”. Please don’t boo at me :( I’m aware it’s a childish desire. I know, I know.
I especially got this idea after seeing I didn’t get the MOTS title *gets thrown tomatoes at*

But... :-[

What if people who also became qualified nominees during MOTS could earn a custom title for their  doings and behavior towards the community? They’ve spreads tons of love, too. And I’m not only speaking about myself. The other nominees have done a wonderful job too, which is why they were nominated in the first place, and therefore should be rewarded with just a custom title, too!
It isn’t that many people anyway, right? Or still too much?

Tell me if you agree or not, and feel free to share your thoughts on this petition.
Why do I feel like I shouldn’t have done this
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:20:13 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
Re: Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:17:31 pm »
Don't feel bad about sharing what you think is important to you, everyone has something that they think is important, it's only foolish to think that it is bad to share it.

But about the idea, I really like it and I feel like it would bring a whole new meaning to everyone who participated, that way they don't feel left out and like complete losers... Just saying.

Check your messages for mine, I asked you things ;-;
Former FeralHeart veteran known as: ShadowNightmare
Forgot my log in info.... >.>
Signature by Ellen11v Thank you!! :33

LEAVING FOR GOOD! GOODBYE!!!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:19:23 pm »
Quick note before I reply:
If you're gonna have people vote, next time you can add a pole that says yes or no to this idea. x)

I love the idea for others to get a custom title as well, however if we do this, then the members who got nominated kind of loose a special timed gift that they are given for being nominated. I personally think it should stay as a special thing the members of the season get after being nominated for showing how helpful and dedicated they are.

That doesn't mean you aren't helpful and dedicated, because you are. Don't feel bad, Ellen. There's always Summer and the following seasons! You qualified in this round, so there's always a chance for you to qualify again in Summer. Time flies and it'll be summer before you know it. Just keep being the kind, caring, and helpful floof you are <3
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:41:04 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 07:22:32 pm »
Well, I do believe the custom title is meant to be for those who win MOTS as a sort of "prize" that they earned. Maybe staff would make it where those who were nominated could use them as well as they did work just as hard as those who won.

Maybe if not, there could be like some sort of badge system? Where members can have little badge icons on their mini profile showing things like:
x Member for 4 years
x Preset Maker
x Map Maker

Maybe even make it where those who have many posts on the forum get badges that say like or even MOTS stuff:
x Jr Member
x Dedicated Member
x 2019 Spring MOTS // 2019 MOTS // Nominated for MOTS // Previously MOTS

Could do a lot more with it as well, these are just some really poor examples I can think of at the moment lol. This would of course just be all in a little fun and nice to have cute little icon thingies.

However I do think MOTS nominees should at least be considered about getting some sort of thing to show that like "Hey I was nominated as well!" sort of thing I guess, would be real nice and sweet!

Ahhh one more thing I'd like to add is, I feel as though members who have been MOTS in the past should at least have the ability to change their custom title whenever after their time is up maybe?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:24:22 pm by Orchid »
artwork by dehvina

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 07:29:55 pm »
This would be an interesting thing to have implented, a nice little reward for the nominees for their good work. Maybe a new special rank, with normal name color, so that the title is still a timed thing and kept as a gift for nominees and MOTS?

Edit: I think the Badge ideas from Orchid and Bloo. are good to!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:58:30 pm by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 07:30:50 pm »
Thank you guys. It really means a lot to me that you're not totally against my idea and support it in some ways. <3

And those are some really good ideas, Orchid! I agree 100%.
<3

Also Ame, I can't make a poll on this thread for some reason. Don't know why. ;_;
Here's proof xD

doing what i feel like

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 07:36:13 pm »
Indeed, following Orchid's comment; the custom title is a 'reward' for earning MOTS and it has always been that way as stated in the MOTS thread. Though; I would personally like to see a sort of system of maybe when you get to a certain post count it can unlock or something of the sorts.

I do think that previous MOTS members should also be able to change their custom title whenever they would like. I find it odd that you cannot after your time as MOTS is over. Also, maybe there can be a reward for the ones who were nominated, a smaller award perhaps for their contributions and activity? Just my thoughts. <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 07:46:58 pm »
I'm agreeing with Orchid and Esarosa in regards to MOTS receiving the ability to change their custom title as a prize. This is why members have the ability to add a personal text, which shows below the avatar. It doesn't mean in any way that those nominated for MOTS are not deserving, or hardworking, it simply means the community saw a bit more from those voted as MOTS. A lot of users don't try to get MOTS, they simply go about their business helping people, commenting nice things on threads, adding their input here and there, and contributing to the community with their creations. When users vote for MOTS, I would like to think they vote for who seems the most genuine in their efforts towards the community.

With that said, you shouldn't feel bad, Ellen! Even being nominated means you were recognized by the community for all you do. And who knows, maybe you lost the vote by one, or two? You never really know how close you were. MOTS is just a title that goes away within a few months, these members still go about what they were doing, as do those nominated.

Going back to custom titles, I think they should be left as little consolation prizes for those who truly go above and beyond and were voted MOTS. I like Orchid's idea about badges though, they could go on your profile page so they don't clutter up the mini profile and could include things like when you won a contest, got MOTS, or were nominated for something. Maybe even participation badges, such as for holidays and what not.

You are amazing <3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 09:46:26 pm »
Some boards don't allow the polls, which is most likely why you cannot use them here!

As for the idea, I think the 'privilege' of custom title should be widened for sure, because it's fun to have tiny little privileges here and there- especially when forum badges don't work around here anymore. I don't agree that qualified users should be able to use the function as and when they want like MOTs winners, but I do think it would be fair for the remaining qualified users to have the single opportunity to selecting what text they want displayed in their custom titles (provided by staff with the ability to grant you a custom title). Something that can only be placed once, so basically something you'd have to think about before requesting it be put up there as it would work as a one-choice type 'well done' prize that can't be modified unless you qualify again or win MOTs to be able to change it as many times as you want.

I also think generally custom titles would make very good prizes in other areas as well, like first-place winners for preset contests or other first-place winners in other forum hosted contests. Sure, qualified users in MOTs don't count as first-place winners, but at the same, for someone to be qualified for MOTs they would have had to put in more meaningful and community-based time than what is given to a preset, so it should be rewarded for sure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:48:29 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Dinhosaurr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • they call me the rice whisperer
    • RE-CONCILE
    • Re_concile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 09:48:39 pm »
Bloo, Esarosa, and Orchid have all made quite generous approaches to this, and I don't think I'll have to say much as my ideas have been primarily pointed out. I'll only add a little input on what I think. ;o

I kinda wish I could get a custom title... To feel like one of those “special kids”.
Although I can understand where you're coming from, a Custom Title doesn't necessarily mean that you're a 'super special cool kid,' it's simply a prize, to reinstate, for MOTS that have been voted for during said season. Regular members have a "custom" or personal text that you can place beneath your avatar picture, and you can change whatever the text says, whenever you want. MOTS are voted for by the community, and to be nominated by your fellow players is already quite the prize, but a Custom Title is something small to go along with their choosing !

If there were set expectations / requirements for the Custom Title status, some might view it as "defeating the point" for a Custom Title. Similar to how proboards forums and IT servers set Custom Titles for their members, it serves it's case as a special prize.

Although, counteracting this view point, having alternatives for a Custom Title would also be very unique !
Badges or Titles like...
 >> Senior Member.
 >> Veteran Member.
 >> Map Maker.
 >> Preset Maker.
 >> Trusted Helper !
 >> Helper !
 >> Modification Creators !
etc, etc.

With all of that set aside, you shouldn't feel ashamed or mock yourself for bringing this up, Ellen ! You have a great personality and you go around trying to help people, or ask them how their day was. Those nominated for MOTS should definitely get their share of love, but many, or rather all who were voted for have been recognized and envied by those who wished that they were able to even get a single vote. MOTS are interchangeable, and you shouldn't pull yourself down ! Know that you'll still have more chances to become a MOTS and help provide ideas to continue to better Feral-Heart.

I have no doubt that you are a good person, who helps around the community and tries to remain friendly and helpful with everyone, but try not to push yourself and make it become a job that you must do to obtain the short-lived status as a MOTS ! Let helping out and being friendly with others be a natural instinct or a habit instead of a desire that comes with a prize. xx

⁎⁎⁎
| pfp asawillow |
| sig peachano3o |