Author Topic: Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)  (Read 9334 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Petition about Custom Titles (Decrease requirements)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 09:57:33 pm »
i think we used to have a badge system back in the day, when it was member of the month and not member of the season

i'm not gonna format this so i hope it's readable
ech

i think there should be more opportunities to earn the custom title thing, but not necessarily easier.
you should still put effort into trying to get it
even if you were nominated i don't really think you should get the reward that those who actually won it got

sure, it smarts to get so close and then fall just short. but that's how it happens.
try harder next time.

but it'd probably smart less if there were others ways of going about it - if the custom title is something you want out of it, at least.
don't let it cloud the reason you're actually doing this.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 10:23:35 pm »
Everyone made very good points yes. I think the custom title privilege should stay with MOTS and staff as well, and I do love the idea of former MOTS being able to chance their custom title whenever they feel like it.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 10:29:43 pm »
In my honest opinion, I'm a little on the fence with this one, but am starting to fall onto a side the more I think about it.

I understand the good intention behind your idea here. You, along with the other nominees of the Spring MOTS have done a wonderful job of making this community a friendly and enjoyable place for others. You go above and beyond to help other members of the community, and put forth great effort to make this community a friendly environment. People have recognized your efforts and that is why you were rightfully nominated to be a potential MOTS.
However, with all those members who have proven themselves worthy of the title of MOTS, there can only be three winners every season. Trust me when I say it can be difficult to just vote for only 3 people, but I choose the people who I think have done the best out of all of them based on what they've done for the community.

I say I agree more with these words here...

i think we used to have a badge system back in the day, when it was member of the month and not member of the season

i'm not gonna format this so i hope it's readable
ech

i think there should be more opportunities to earn the custom title thing, but not necessarily easier.
you should still put effort into trying to get it
even if you were nominated i don't really think you should get the reward that those who actually won it got

sure, it smarts to get so close and then fall just short. but that's how it happens.
try harder next time.

but it'd probably smart less if there were others ways of going about it - if the custom title is something you want out of it, at least.
don't let it cloud the reason you're actually doing this.

Everyone made very good points yes. I think the custom title privilege should stay with MOTS and staff as well, and I do love the idea of former MOTS being able to chance their custom title whenever they feel like it.

I do remember a time where we did have those member of the month badges in the early days of Feral Heart. Not sure why they were discontinued, but I think it would be nice if the profile badges were to be brought back for those win MOTS, or any other FH activities, games, competitions etc.

Back to my other point...
I honestly think the privilege of having a custom title should be given to those who earned the title of Member of The Season. Yes, the nominees were just as worthy, but I don't think it's necessary to give them the same "reward" as those who won. I don't mean to sound harsh, but giving the rewards to those who didn't win the MOTS to feel like the "special kids" sounds like a participation trophy mentality. I'm not saying you do not deserve it, but you shouldn't expect a freebie. I'm sorry to say it, but that's not how life works. I'm not trying to berate you for your thoughts and feelings here, for you have a right to express them. I respect your opinion, but my opinion is I don't think this is truly necessary and defeats the purpose of some privileges MOTS get.

But look, don't stop doing what you're doing. You're one of those kind, dedicated, and helpful members this community really needs. The proof is in efforts you put forth, and those community members who nominated and voted for you. You may not have won Spring MOTS, but there's always the next one. I wish you well, and the best of luck.

Inactive

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 01:54:21 am »
I agree with a few users when they say that it should stay as just a MOTS prize, and not a reward for people who qualified. But also with what Bawfle said about it being a prize for contests and such, I really like that idea. I remember when badges were a thing and it'd be a really great idea to bring them back.

I do understand some users would like the custom title but I don't see it as a "cool kids" or "special kids" thing. It's more of a representation that these users who have custom titles have given their all to this community. Not to say you haven't, but if you work hard enough and are passionate about FH, your time will come. You made it as far as being qualified for MOTS, which to me shows that you are already hardworking and dedicated to this community. Don't let the fact you didn't come out as a MOTS get you down, you can still do good for FH either way.

You don't need a custom title to be special, because every single one of the users on here are already so, all in their own ways, including you, Ellen.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 08:58:22 am »
Thank you guys. The way you explain why and how, gives you my agreement. :)
And thanks for supporting me as a person. It warms my heart. <3
doing what i feel like

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 09:27:55 am »
I think that it has become obvious there are quite a few people who would like to have a Custom Title under their belt, or change the one they've already had from being previous Members of the Season.

But I will have to agree with Buffy and those who would prefer it were a prize rather than an open opportunity for MOTS nominees/qualifiers. This season there were quite a few lovely floofs who were nominated, so if this Custom Title were implemented, there would have to be something done for the Qualified Users as well as the Nominated, which is where it gets a bit overwhelming, hence keeping it to just the MOTS Winners.

I think it would be pretty neat to put it in as a prize for contests. For example:

1st Place Custom Title + Full body art piece by ()
2nd Place: Headshot Art by () + Custom Interface by ()
3rd Place: ( ) dA points + In-Game Modification by ()

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 09:31:20 am »

I think it would be pretty neat to put it in as a prize for contests. For example:

I agree with this!
doing what i feel like

illogicalFish

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 12:53:07 pm »

I agree with most of this, as for the IG Mods and Custom interface, I think that should be a rare 1st place prize for the work they take.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 09:18:54 pm »
I think that it has become obvious there are quite a few people who would like to have a Custom Title under their belt, or change the one they've already had from being previous Members of the Season.

But I will have to agree with Buffy and those who would prefer it were a prize rather than an open opportunity for MOTS nominees/qualifiers. This season there were quite a few lovely floofs who were nominated, so if this Custom Title were implemented, there would have to be something done for the Qualified Users as well as the Nominated, which is where it gets a bit overwhelming, hence keeping it to just the MOTS Winners.

i don't really see the point of a custom interface i'll be completely honest, and it seems like a bit more work than what's probably deserved.
art's totally fine, but i don't see how winning a mod really... does much.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 04:33:51 am »
i don't really see the point of a custom interface i'll be completely honest, and it seems like a bit more work than what's probably deserved.
art's totally fine, but i don't see how winning a mod really... does much.

Well, instead of it being the one thing you win with no chance of changing it, it could be one of the options you get to choose when winning X place. Like: "Art drawn by X, Custom interface by X, or (whatever else) by X. You must only pick one." Something along those lines to give the winner(s) more options and fun things to pick from.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort