Author Topic: The old map list...  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
The old map list...
« on: February 16, 2018, 09:05:55 pm »
I know it's been like this for probably over a year now, and maybe there's already a topic like this? I don't know. But I'm gonna post it anyway... o3o

I am a senior member of this community, and correct me if I'm wrong about this, but didn't there used to be a small useful function on the far right side of the website, that shows a neverending list of maps in FH, that show the amount of players in each map? The highest to lowest amount of active players in a map were in a vertical order. If that makes sense... :P
You could use and see this list when you had the cursor on the the far right side of the website.

But it's not there now, so how come that is?
Was it causing trouble to the servers? Is it no longer compatible with the forum because of the newer look of the forum?

What do you think or know?
Post down below :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:15:59 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: The old map list...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:11:47 pm »
I remember it, although at the time I hardly used the forums and didn't even know it's general purpose. But I'm pretty sure it was removed after the hacking for unknown reasons....

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:14:26 pm »
I remember it, although at the time I hardly used the forums and didn't even know it's general purpose. But I'm pretty sure it was removed after the hacking for unknown reasons....
Oh I completely forgot there was this scene all over FH about someone who hacked the servers or something, but didn't know the list got removed afterwards... Thank you for enlightening about this C:

Now I just want to hear if it can possibly be brought back :3
doing what i feel like

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 11:31:01 pm »
This question has been brought up a few times on a couple other threads, including here and here.~

As a brief explanation, it was removed some time ago (I believe just around the new renovation of the forum or the "hacking." My memory fails me on this, so please excuse the bad timeline). I recall that there were some very inappropriate names showing up on the list, since the list broadcasts any and all maps (including private) ones in use; this means that if anyone has named his or her map to something very lewd, the forum will show this. It led to some unfortunate reports of map names without age-appropriate content in staff's inboxes--we cannot prevent people from using whichever map they want, so it proved to be tricky to tackle. If I do recall, removal was also after the hacking, as mentioned above, and when changes were made to the website, it was never added back in, as we wanted to focus on other aspects of the game--the patch, website renovation, etc.

I hope this answers your question. c:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:38:17 pm by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.