Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22969 times)

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Priorities
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 09:11:10 am »
I think setting a goal or goals for the upcoming month or year (if not already set) and being transparent ("we got around to doing X"?) about it should be top priority because...

transparency is a necessity now more than ever.

i only wish to reiterate that.
i whole-heartedly agree with this post and have nothing more to add.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 09:13:57 am »
This is one thing that I've never liked about some projects or communities. Everything is so hush hush to the point of almost never ending silence. Only certain people get to be in the know, such as the ever changing MOTS, whilst the rest of us never get a lick of what to plan for until most of us have lost interest in whatever we're here for, and we miss out on what was being planned for who knows how long. We get no "what we've got so far", never any insight of "what's to come so you better stick around to see the full picture". All we usually get is a "yeah we talk about it, but we haven't come up with a reason/explanation/solution. So just hang tight." "We plan to do X so just hang in there." And yet, we hear nothing more about X ever again until it's months later to a year or so.

When a topic is brought up, be it a longstanding issue, or a new idea, I've noticed that we usually get the reasoning or excuse of "there are more important things to do first" where as those things are never specified. When I first heard that, I felt it was reasonable. Sure, maybe there are more important things they are working on. Now, sometimes, it's just turned into the usual reason for why a topic is dropped from the public eye. Sometimes it feels like that's the reason why something isn't done, looked into, brought up, and or explained. The reason why I feel like this, is because I have no idea of what needs to get done. What currently is being done, and what needs to be worked on next. It constantly feels like nothing is getting done and we're all just sitting ducks waiting for the next gust of wind to pick up under our wings. Unfortunately, for some of us, our wings get tired and we loose interest before that gust of wind arrives and we end up going our own way.

As stated, we're not looking to know EXACTLY what's going on. Just a little nudge. A heads up. A news letter of "okay project B is coming along smoothly, and this is what we want to share with you." In return, that gets everyone excited. We see progress. Stuff is getting done. We get an idea of what's to come. We get so eager to see more of this progress until it's finished. Then we end up screaming at our computers once it's done because we are so hype. However, as of right now, all we do is wait.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 09:34:09 am »
I know I've stated similar things in the past (particularly the international Board) stating that things are still being concluded/discussed, but yes it is tiring to repeat this over and over on behalf of discussions that never seem to actually be concluded in the first place.
There always seems to be a reassurance of how we'll get the discussion over with as soon as but truthfully I see plenty of room for it to be done instantaneously alongside everything else being done. It's not a good look on us as a Staff team to not be able to get together and work so efficiently (which is reflected with good people in the community getting bored of leaving as well), and it's been going on for years.

What would be nice is if we could set up some polls/voting threads to find out exactly what the community want from us first. For example, I've heard suggestions as to having a thread where we list what we've been up to with patchwork.
Or, it would also be cool if we could finalise things with having an FAQ stream/event.

Keep it coming, guys. <3 The feedback is appreciated, and I respect those that speak out and especially Jango/AlphaEclipse for throwing this thread together and putting it out there.
There are a lot of voices to be heard, and I hope all of this can finally be fixed and settled on once and for all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:37:13 am by Scallywag »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 09:54:06 am »
One of those thermometer looking graphs with "Goal X, Goal Y" under it might be the sort of feedback some of you want.  It's have to be updated from time to time.  Even if it was only 1% at a week.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 10:02:25 am »
In my eyes (and the eyes of many others too) it has become undeniably clear that the staff need to change. The 'before no-mod-october' staff (BNMO for short) have had countless opportunities to change their methods of communication, whether it be with each other professionally, or with the community itself, in either situation on numerous occasions they have failed to do so.

It is time for change.

We cannot wait for that type of change any longer.

We have waited for too long. You could even say years now.

We are tired, and we want to see production.

I'm even straight up going to say that we need a new staff team. Or at least new management. The new staff after no-mod-october (NMO for short) made the mistake of allowing the BNMO staff return. They cannot get anything done efficiently because they cannot work like a team, only a friendship circle against the 'new blood'. It's unprofessional. It stopped the newer staff from getting anything done or even attempt to correct the mistakes the BNMO staff made. The BNMO staff are always sticking to their old ways, which do not work anymore, and haven't done for too long a time.

It should not take months to finalize discussions.

You should not have to rely on repetitive distractions like MotS seasons and competitions etc to cover up your unfortunate broken staff team situations.

It's stupid.

It's noticed.

And if the Admins cannot strengthen their staff team or balance their responsibilities, then honestly why are they here.

I can't stress it enough.

Before transparency even begins to happen, there needs to be a new staff team, because this one with the BNMO staff in it is clearly not working out and it shows.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 10:12:07 am »
One of those thermometer looking graphs with "Goal X, Goal Y" under it might be the sort of feedback some of you want.  It's have to be updated from time to time.  Even if it was only 1% at a week.

i suggested this not long ago
thank you

In my eyes (and the eyes of many others too) it has become undeniably clear that the staff need to change. The 'before no-mod-october' staff (BNMO for short) have had countless opportunities to change their methods of communication, whether it be with each other professionally, or with the community itself, in either situation on numerous occasions they have failed to do so.

It is time for change.

I'm even straight up going to say that we need a new staff team. Or at least new management. The new staff after no-mod-october (NMO for short) made the mistake of allowing the BNMO staff return. They cannot get anything done efficiently because they cannot work like a team, only a friendship circle against the 'new blood'. It's unprofessional. It stopped the newer staff from getting anything done or even attempt to correct the mistakes the BNMO staff made. The BNMO staff are always sticking to their old ways, which do not work anymore, and haven't done for too long a time.

You should not have to rely on repetitive distractions like MotS seasons and competitions etc to cover up your unfortunate broken staff team situations.

It's stupid.

It's noticed.

And if the Admins cannot strengthen their staff team or balance their responsibilities, then honestly why are they here.

Before transparency even begins to happen, there needs to be a new staff team, because this one with the BNMO staff in it is clearly not working out and it shows.

you're not alone in this thought process.
and don't let people tell you otherwise.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 11:08:27 am »

It is time for change.

It's stupid.

It's noticed.

I suggest the staff take a good read at this. It's the most accurate statement published in these forums regarding the current staff and their communication with the community. There's so many improvements and opportunities within Feralheart that are being ignored and/or wasted. Not to mention the opinions about certain aspects of the game that have been spoken about since the June 2016 update (which killed off a lot of the population of FH due to things like the map changes etc.), and still to this day by the game's members. It's disappointing. Feralheart has so much room to grow with the right team behind it. This community and game has been a part of my life for close to a decade, and it's really distressing (and has been for a long time) to see it go down this path.

The staff need to listen, and think long and hard about the future of Feralheart and where it's headed.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 11:28:46 am »
A lot of the statements made are objective criticism rather than having means to insult, for this I am grateful and appreciative. Some of the info will be a lot to process either on a personal or professional level but it's nice to see there is no hostility but moreso stern words of encouragement for the changes required. I hope this tone is kept. c:
Thank ye for the feedback thus far.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

misfitz

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 12:27:08 pm »

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 02:47:45 pm »