Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22580 times)

AlphaEclipse

Priorities
« on: June 24, 2019, 05:11:19 am »
Initially, I delayed making this thread because it may be seen as aggressive or in a bad light, but I feel it is important and goes hand-in-hand with my suggestions poll. I ask replies to be considerate and not degrading. Please no “flaming;” I understand this thread may lead to tension but the community should be able to freely discuss as long as it does not become uncontrollable.

Looking through the game/forum suggestions boards, and it is very easy to see that many suggestions are turned away for not being considered “urgent.” Many ideas are placed on a virtual backburner and end up being ignored. This can be acceptable in some situations, but it is not an appropriate explanation when active updates are not being made to the general community, given that Feralheart’s last major update was in 2016. One could argue that getting MOTS involved solves this, but it still leaves a majority of the community in the dark, because they simply aren’t being told what is going on behind the scenes. It is simply not substantial enough to keep a community motivated and interested. Looking to the future, Feralheart needs publicity, and without community interaction and community involvement, the game will dwindle, more than it already has.

According to the poll referenced above, an overwhelming majority called for more transparency. From the perspective of a regular member, whether or not this has been fulfilled is obvious. Throughout the game, many people are unaware as to upcoming events, among other things.

There’s also been an issue in—as the thread title suggests—priorities. As previously stated, a lot of suggestions fall to the wayside with very little explanation. Apparently discussions are had, but they end up going nowhere and then are dropped without a word. Things should not be going as slow as they are. Quite a few of these suggestions could be approved/disapproved with a simple conversation between a small group in just a day’s time. Leaving them alone, having the people wait and wait with absolutely no news unless they’re lucky enough to become MOTS is unfair. Giving the community vague statements to hope for does not fix that either. It creates a disconnect between the community; the community thinks it is being ignored.

A solution to this would just simply be more transparent about what is going on behind the scenes. Not revealing everything, but perhaps a ‘plan for the year’ sort of thing. Say what your goal for the game is over the course of the year, and the progress being made. It can be as vague as that and it would significantly improve over the current system. Having a tiny bit of light is better than none at all. Thoughts and suggestions?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Priorities
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 05:15:47 am »

transparency is a necessity now more than ever.

i only wish to reiterate that.
i whole-heartedly agree with this post and have nothing more to add.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:17:57 am »

Calvary

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 05:19:17 am »

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 05:23:08 am »

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 05:46:54 am »

not active here anymore ♡

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 05:51:49 am »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:33:31 am »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 07:34:51 am »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 08:08:02 am »
This is one thing that I've never liked about some projects or communities. Everything is so hush hush to the point of almost never ending silence. Only certain people get to be in the know, such as the ever changing MOTS, whilst the rest of us never get a lick of what to plan for until most of us have lost interest in whatever we're here for, and we miss out on what was being planned for who knows how long. We get no "what we've got so far", never any insight of "what's to come so you better stick around to see the full picture". All we usually get is a "yeah we talk about it, but we haven't come up with a reason/explanation/solution. So just hang tight." "We plan to do X so just hang in there." And yet, we hear nothing more about X ever again until it's months later to a year or so.

When a topic is brought up, be it a longstanding issue, or a new idea, I've noticed that we usually get the reasoning or excuse of "there are more important things to do first" where as those things are never specified. When I first heard that, I felt it was reasonable. Sure, maybe there are more important things they are working on. Now, sometimes, it's just turned into the usual reason for why a topic is dropped from the public eye. Sometimes it feels like that's the reason why something isn't done, looked into, brought up, and or explained. The reason why I feel like this, is because I have no idea of what needs to get done. What currently is being done, and what needs to be worked on next. It constantly feels like nothing is getting done and we're all just sitting ducks waiting for the next gust of wind to pick up under our wings. Unfortunately, for some of us, our wings get tired and we loose interest before that gust of wind arrives and we end up going our own way.

As stated, we're not looking to know EXACTLY what's going on. Just a little nudge. A heads up. A news letter of "okay project B is coming along smoothly, and this is what we want to share with you." In return, that gets everyone excited. We see progress. Stuff is getting done. We get an idea of what's to come. We get so eager to see more of this progress until it's finished. Then we end up screaming at our computers once it's done because we are so hype. However, as of right now, all we do is wait.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort