Poll

Did this work for you?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Tutorial: An Alternative Way of Installing FH on Mac  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Vanillabean's Tutorial on a different way of FH Installing (Mac)
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 04:47:05 pm »
I have tried to do this about 3 times but every time I open Wineskin after I open the contents of the wrapper and go to choose the setup .exe it says ...

"No new executables found! Maybe the installer failed...? If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in the C: drive."

I have no idea why it's talking about installing stuff in the C: drive when all I'm trying to do is choose a setup .exe?
It's asking where you downloaded the .exe to.

If it was put in the wrong spot[Not sure how it wouldn't BE on the C: drive] it won't be able to find it. I believe it's trying to find the proper install address; looks something like this:
C:\Users\warri\Desktop\Media\Knight\40k

If this method doesn't work, just try the 'normal' way. This is just an alternative as far as I know.

S-H-A-Y also has tutorials, I'll dig 'em up if you need.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 12:05:10 pm »
I have tried to do this about 3 times but every time I open Wineskin after I open the contents of the wrapper and go to choose the setup .exe it says ...

"No new executables found! Maybe the installer failed...? If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in the C: drive."

I have no idea why it's talking about installing stuff in the C: drive when all I'm trying to do is choose a setup .exe?
It's asking where you downloaded the .exe to.

If it was put in the wrong spot[Not sure how it wouldn't BE on the C: drive] it won't be able to find it. I believe it's trying to find the proper install address; looks something like this:
C:\Users\warri\Desktop\Media\Knight\40k

If this method doesn't work, just try the 'normal' way. This is just an alternative as far as I know.

S-H-A-Y also has tutorials, I'll dig 'em up if you need.

When I go to choose the FHsetup1.15.exe after clicking Install Software it literally refuses to show up in the C drive that's attached to the wrapper (drive_c) even though it's right there in the Mac C drive. I've also tried probably 10+ ways with trial and error to get it to use the .exe but none of them have worked. If I ever get close to a solution that error message comes up again or it opens a new finder tab with drive_c open the process repeats. I don't know why but this has also happened with EVERY other method to download FH I've tried which all up is about 4 different methods, all of which went smoothly up until I had to choose the setup exe. I've been trying nearly weekly over the past month, it seems like my Macbook just doesn't want it to work. I think I'm gonna give up and wait until I get a PC that runs windows because half the games that I've tried to run on this Macbook Air will not work either. Thank you anyway.

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline jakecj1cat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 05:46:58 pm »
Thank you so much! I have been trying for years for FH to be working on my Mac Book Pro 13in! This tutorial was very helpful! The game works and everything but when I log in and choose a character it takes forever to actually get into the game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 06:01:46 pm by jakecj1cat »

Offline PeachTea

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Secretly a Potato.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 08:41:21 pm »
I can't seem to get this to work ;n; Is there a video tutorial on this or something? I think I'm missing a step or missing something. It keeps saying 'No executables found' or w/e whenever I try to instal the game.
Secretly a Potato.

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 10:34:17 pm »
I can't seem to get this to work ;n; Is there a video tutorial on this or something? I think I'm missing a step or missing something. It keeps saying 'No executables found' or w/e whenever I try to instal the game.
Hm...
Well sometimes you just got to keep trying, and if it keeps showing that message, I'll try to make a video tutorial.