Poll

Should English be the only allowed language in General chat?

Yes, English only.
64 (67.4%)
No, any language should be allowed.
31 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Language Rule  (Read 24814 times)

Rak$ha

Language Rule
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:51:26 am »
No matter what, any language will be allowed in at least Local chat.
Thing is, not every in-game mod understands any other language, other than English.
So, because of this, other games are limited to english only.
But should FH be like that? No.
Other languages will always be allowed in FH, although... Should any language be allowed in General?
It annoys most english speakers and it annoys some mods when they can't understand what someone says when they speak a different language in General.

English should be the only language allowed in General, no?

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
Re: Language Rule
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:59:53 am »
I've seen a  few debates about this In-game Rak$ha, all of them have turned out to: English only. Because Foreign languages sometimes SPAM up the General.
Voting English, I have nothing against other people though, its just that General should really be kept clean and just simple with one language.
^ A lot of people will disagree with me though, but thats just my general though.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »
I am the only one so far voting any language. :-\

I believe any language should be allowed. It's anyone's fault that they can't speak English, it's not fair. If you get annoyed, TURN GENERAL OFF. Some people think it spams up the the chat, I disagree.

Spam (Verb):
"Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

Being such, I believe it's not spam. They are simply talking.

I know almost everyone will disagree, but this is my opinion.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 07:17:36 pm »

I believe any language should be allowed. It's anyone's fault that they can't speak English, it's not fair. If you get annoyed, TURN GENERAL OFF. Some people think it spams up the the chat, I disagree.

Spam (Verb):
"Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

Well, I do agree with you in a sense, Ruby. But generally I would guess the majority of people speak English on FH (Correct me if I am wrong) and even if they where foreign and know how to speak English. But also, English people SPAM up general to, so generally Foreign and English speakers might HAVE to change to turning General off.
^ I wrote this quickly without a lot of thought, it might be confusing or rough.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:08:39 am »

Well, I do agree with you in a sense, Ruby. But generally I would guess the majority of people speak English on FH (Correct me if I am wrong) and even if they where foreign and know how to speak English. But also, English people SPAM up general to, so generally Foreign and English speakers might HAVE to change to turning General off.
^ I wrote this quickly without a lot of thought, it might be confusing or rough.

Yeah, English people do spam, most of it's English people anyways.
I just don't see why (this isn't at you, you're simply stating your opinion, not making a huge deal) some people make a HUGE deal about people speaking another language, it's not spam, and then they don't even care about English spam.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:12:04 am by xRubyx »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 04:28:44 am »
I always wonder how some Users could even go through this page of registrations and then installing the game when they cant talk a single english word proper.

I recommend at least some knowing of english so that if you get in trouble you can explain yourself. But of course if you have language-mates you want to talk with them in the language they can do talk. Yeah, i am not very sure about that. It would make things easier for, at least, Mods. But on other Hand we would take away the right for everyone to get handeled the same way. It would make us look racists. And this is nothing i push too far, thats a fact.

I dont like to say it but if we have other languages, we should care for that we get Mods who are able to understand and talk both languages very well. We cant go along and push it down to the Users, cause it was already sed.. the Users are not the problem, they dont come along to annoy us with their language, they simply never learned proper english.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:31:29 am by Tigg »

Offline SpiritXD

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »
I really think english should only be used on General. Foreign languages really get on my nerves, not just because I haven't a clue what they're saying, but they're usually spamming, and not to mention that the Mods are having trouble dealing with them. If they don't know English, then they should at least try to learn it. It may be hard to in other languages, but it's well worth it.

CallofDutyGirl

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 06:50:21 pm »
Well, I think it should be english only. Or you could make a server for seperate languages. People annoy me with their foreign words. >.< This is an english site, so if you can't speak english, why join?

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 01:30:54 am »
I agree. English only in General chat, since the majority of our users speak it fluently (even if some of them insist on using "u" and "yhu" for the word "you"...) In local and other chats, another language is fine. Or a separate server would be a good idea too, as Calli has suggested. Either way, it simply makes it easier on everyone. If someone who cant speak English needs help, they can ask one of their friends to translate and/or ask for help for them, in a language that more people can understand.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 04:31:43 am »

Spam (Verb):

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ She said it all for me.