Author Topic: *Siberian Tiger Dragons*  (Read 2788 times)

Offline StormyKnight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
  • Forever I shall reign
    • xSTORMYKNIGHTx
    • Shocker the StormCat
    • View Profile
    • STORMCATS
*Siberian Tiger Dragons*
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:54:01 am »
Welp, I guess I'm throwing in another new species for you all.  ;D

I call this one the "Siberian Tiger Dragon." (or STD for short)

A Screenshot of my Tiger Dragons 'Azula and Sangah' in their updated presets.
YOUTUBE MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q2SQCCZvQo

This is a species that I hope to further develop some day. (idk when)
Sangah gave me the tought after I updated his preset and as a character, I've had him for a year now. ^-^

A little bit about the species: Siberian Tiger Dragons are inspired by the actual feline tigers in their colors and markings, pelts can range in color from redish orange, light orange, gold, white and sometimes black, stripes are typically black or dark brown but can also be white. their fur coats are thick to protect them from the cold and outside elements.
they live in the frozen tundra regions of Earth, usually up in the mountains and descend to the valleys below to hunt. They are omnivorous and will eat anything they can get their claws on.
Tiger Dragons have 4 different stages of growth and developement from cub to adult.
1. All tiger dragons start life as a egg, the shell is thick and rough to protect the baby inside,
    An STD egg appears striped and may display the potential color scheme of the baby.
2. A young tiger dragon looks like a normal tiger cub, but with feathered wings.
3. Jeuviniles grow to look more like the adult feline tigers, but the body, tail are 4 times as long.
4. A fully grown Tiger Dragon has a very long body which best resembles that of the korean imoogi dragon.

A note on wings: An STD's feathered wings grow slower than the rest of the body, they may remain small until
after stage 2 is complete and wing arms may grow to about half the length of the body of an adult STD.

Horns and adornments: STDs may posses elaborate horns, and whiskers that vary in size, shape and length.
these features are not required on STDs, but are included for functional reasons.

[I don't know who the Artist is, but credit goes to them]
This is a concept example of a tiger dragon with the imoogi serpent-like body,
However it is not a 'Siberian Tiger Dragon' as it lacks a fur coat and feathered wings.

The word 'Siberian' does not necessarily mean that this species of dragon lives in the Siberia region,
I use the word 'Siberian' as a title in the species name to further distinguish it from other Tiger Dragon concepts,
a typical tiger dragon may have membraned bat wings or will not posses wings at all.
Only 'Siberian Tiger Dragons' posses a pair of feathered wings, along with a thick fur coat, long serpent-like bodies and tails.

Fire is the elemental power of Siberian Tiger Dragons, as they posses the ability to light their manes on fire as well as breath it,
like a traditional dragon would. Fire colors can vary greatly, depending on individuals and environmental influences.
ex. Azula's fire burns blue and Sangah's flame burns bright orange.

*Inhales* Wow, this is the third animal species I've created and I love how this one turned out for a start.
So... what do you think? ^-^

"I AM THE STORM"

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: *Siberian Tiger Dragons*
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:35:56 pm »
This looks pretty neat :3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »
Oh my god I love these. I lowkey want to make a golden tiger one....

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 09:27:26 pm »
What a gorgeous species! I love tigers and really wished I had made a tiger sona at some point or another. I might just have to make one of these someday. It looks like a lot of thought went into this. Good luck with this species taking off, it's so adorable ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Raspbearies

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • fruity fresh
    • raspbearies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 10:34:54 pm »
This is COOL. I've been waiting for you to make this thread ever since I saw that screenshot of those gorgeous presets, haha!

I think this idea is really beautiful & creative. I love when other people make species. I think it always looks so fun. I really LOVE this idea!
 Tigers are one of my favorite kitties.

In-game username: Raspbearies
I'm typically found over on my other account now! - Kowri

raspbearies.deviantart.com

Offline aryana100

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • iuliathewolf
    • /c/Ritsukii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 09:52:25 pm »