Author Topic: [ Heather-fox, Open species ]  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Speedyscout122

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Hello, welcome to my rubbish dump.
    • View Profile
[ Heather-fox, Open species ]
« on: March 17, 2018, 01:49:26 pm »
THE HEATHERFOX - an open speciesABOUT
NOTE1: you can tell me if you're making one, but as long as you credit me in the creature's bio for the species, you can make one without asking first.
NOTE2: you need legendary markings and(maybe) legendary items to make a heatherfox.
Heatherfoxes are fox-like creatures who are normally a blue color. They are rarely seen by other creatures as they are very sneaky and shy.
HABITAT, BEHAVIOR, AND DIET
They usually live in prairie, forest, or rain-forest areas. They sometimes form groups, called "Skits". They are good diggers, and often live in burrows - the burrows are usually in grassy areas or beneath tree roots, any concealed area. They are very shy around other creatures, but around other heatherfoxes they are usually very inquisitive and friendly.
Some heatherfoxes have been known to fish, but their most common prey is rabbits and insects. They also sometimes eat berries.
Heatherfoxes usually have their mating season in autumn. Female heatherfox offer food to the males, and if the males like the offer, they will make a den for the female. If the female accepts this, they become mates and move into the den. The female will get pregnant 4-9 months after this. The female will be pregnant for 7-9 months before giving birth.
Babies are very small, and only eat berries and insects for the first 3-5 months of their life. They also only open their eyes at 2 weeks. At about 5 months, babies will start eating other prey, and at 7-9 months they will be half the size of an adult. They reach their full size at about 2 years old.
APPEARANCE

Set the stats in about this area, and make the creature a canine.

Set ears to pitbull ears. Tail can be sickle tail or wolf tail. Now, for the mane and tufts. A forward mohawk (females usually have this)
will come with a butt tuft, and a backwards mohawk will have a back mane. The sickle tail is more common then the wolf tail.

Eyes must be slit. Body markings can be celtic, with head and tail markings being snow leopard, or the body can be butterfly, with the head and tail being ocelot.

Heatherfoxes never have wings. For items, they commonly have none, but sometimes have low ram horns.

Coloring is tricky, so I've made some color codes for common and uncommon colors. If you have had a heatherfox for long and have my permission, you may make a custom color. Note: a common pelt color may have a uncommon eye color, and the other way round, but a custom pelt color must have a custom eye color.
Common color codes:
95, 95, 115
35, 25, 35
Uncommon color codes:
155, 155, 168
Common eye colors:
235, 106, 115
109, 124, 228
Uncommon eye colors:
124, 124, 132
The underbelly and below eye must be a lighter version of the body. The tail tip, markings, nose, above eye, and mane must all be darker versions of the body color. (Tell me if I missed anything.)
The one person who joined later then the first day of time.