Author Topic: Saivale [OPEN SPECIES] Still a WIP  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Saivale [OPEN SPECIES] Still a WIP
« on: August 10, 2018, 03:16:50 am »
Saivales are a hybrid species of a canine and a feathered dragon

Saivales are able to adapt to nearly any biome and is an invasive species, but their origins come from the north, during the Ice Age, Saivales spread throughout many, many places and have an ability to walk on tar, and have an ability to alter the temperature of their breath to the point that they can breathe fire or they can even freeze something with their breath, when it got warmer, they started to multiply even more with more varieties of breeds, but during the years, they decreased and were often killed for being a pest, or simply dying of lack of many things.
However, they recovered and are not overpopulated anymore.  Their sizes can vary, but either way they have a very large wingspan, but it changes depending on their size, but technically they are all the same size (The largest they can get has a wingspan of 20ft and the smallest they could get would be 3ft long, they can be as small as a chihuahua or be as big as a car) Small Saivales are usually more social and can be found in flocks of thousands and thousands, while larger ones have smaller groups or they live alone all their life.
They also have a massive tail piece that is important within flight. (items: Night Fury Tail and Shark Tail)

Top view

Side view
The tail feather helps the Saivale to steer and maneuver, the tail feathers vary from Jet Black to moderate grey.. However, without these feathers, it is impossible to fly properly and the feathers do take about two years and 6 months to grow back to full size, flying is very important in survival so it's very likely for a Saivale to die unable to fly in an unsafe habitat (You must have a black or a dark grey Tail tip if you are using this species)

When it came near to the 15th century, Saivales became a tamable animal and are often used as mounts and is useful to get rid of pests, which included other Saivales. But some humans take Saivales and have them fight to the death (which would be against the law in many countries if Saivales actually existed.)

Saivales can be found in almost any biome, different varieties of breeds are found with different pairings of Canines and Feathered Dragons, the colors can vary as well.

Remember, this is an open species and it is still a WIP so I may change things, but please credit me in your bio if you are making one.
DO NOT CLAIM IT AS YOUR OWN SPECIES!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:36:44 am by SoftPaws »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Saivale [OPEN SPECIES]
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:31:05 am »
This is an interesting little species! Very nice. Just might have to make one for myself x)

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 01:30:03 pm »
its been a while since ive seen an open species post. saivale indeed are very
interesting and creative creatures. the tail has me the most intrigued. good job!

Flurr

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:26:19 pm »
This is very unique! I will be making one for myself since it looks so awesome!