Author Topic: A Simple Tutorial On How To Download Objects And What You Actually Code In!  (Read 5165 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
You may be wondering to yourself, "Man, I wish I had an epic blue tree to put in this map." or maybe "Wow, that looks like an awesome blue tree! But how do I download it?" or maybe you don't want objects and your just stalking my tutorial. Either way, let's start with the tutorial!

1: Download your object(s).

2: Open your downloaded object file with either .zip or .rar, but I use .zip to open them. It's also a good idea to keep an extra tab open for FH's files to quickly paste downloaded files over.

2: There should be (in most cases) a file called My_Objects in the downloaded file. Place all of these in the FH file My_Objects. If not, it's probably a small object pack or your installing one object.

3: Place (if there is one, there should be in it's a pack of items.) a .object into your normal FH's object folder. The .object from the download should have an icon like notepad, unless you use a different program. It can be open up and read. To make sure your placing it in the right file, there should be other .objects (such as MyTrees, MyRocks, etc) in the file.

4(1): If there was a .object file and you've put in your other files, simply load up the FH's Object maker or Map maker, find the group of objects and test them out!

4(2): You may not have an .object, so you'll need to make the actual object yourself. This is easy, and can help if you want to scale something differently. Simply go into Object Maker, go to Mesh, put in on the mesh bar the name of the object's mesh, then if it shows up BaseWhite, type in the Material name and you should have a textured object!

What You Actually Are Doing:

By putting the first things I mentioned into My_Objects, this lets the game find them and use them. The .png (if there is one) is the texture of the Object, but the .Material actually lets the game see it as something you can use to color an object. The .mesh is the actual shape of the object.

By putting in the .Object in Objects, this lets the game see a new group of objects to use. Inside the .Object contains the data of the Objects you download at the time.

These are the direct locations of the files you'll need to put things in if you can't find them:

Feral-Heart/Media/Objects
Feral-Heart/Media/Objects/My_Objects

Video Tutorial For Single Objects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U1e_bOVWNM&feature=youtu.be

Video Tutorial For Groups Of Objects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T306NbgJlAA&feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much for reading! I know there are other tutorials... But I just wanted to make my own! If you have an error or a question, ask me or the person your downloading from. Again, thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:29:49 am by A.P.S. »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
This is going to prove very helpful for map-makers in particular!
For future reference, it may be a good idea to post some step-by-step screenshots and/or a video to help out those who might not quite understand what you're saying.
Keep up the good work,
A.P.S.!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
I was thinking about screenshots! I may edit it to have some, but for now, it seems pretty well explained.

Amara

Man this would have come in handy back when I was trying to make a map and couldn't get objects! And who knows, maybe I can finally do that with this tutorial. Thank you so much for making it! :D

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
Man this would have come in handy back when I was trying to make a map and couldn't get objects! And who knows, maybe I can finally do that with this tutorial. Thank you so much for making it! :D

Your welcome! Good luck with the map!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for this tutorial <3

I'm sure a lot of people, and possibly myself at some point, will benefit from an object tutorial.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Oh my! Thanks for making this tutorial, floof!
I'm sure many map makers and such will find this helpful for their work load! Thanks for sharin' and I myself, would love to see some screenshots for those who prefer those over text!

<33 -Nuzzle-
not active here anymore ♡

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
So many people seem to like this! I thought a lot of people already knew how to download and use objects, but I'm glad people are reading this!

Edit: I've added videos.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:30:51 am by A.P.S. »