Author Topic: Time Flies  (Read 3503 times)

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Time Flies
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 03:14:56 pm »
5 years SINCE WHAT NOW
I know right?

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 04:27:19 pm »
I too joined in 2018. I have seen the old maps tbh, but having never played on them originally I just feel lost and out of place in the same way those who played on the original maps feel lost and out of place on the new maps. It is like the same sort of feeling when you first join a game and know nothing about it.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 04:43:53 pm »
I too joined in 2018. I have seen the old maps tbh, but having never played on them originally I just feel lost and out of place in the same way those who played on the original maps feel lost and out of place on the new maps. It is like the same sort of feeling when you first join a game and know nothing about it.

Exactly ^ I myself, while I do dearly love the old maps, I hated the new ones because A; I didn't know how to get anywhere, and B; everything was unfamiliar and new. After some time though after I took a moment to run around the new maps, I learned the layout just like I did with the old maps. That really helped me to appreciate the new maps more and see all the work put into them.

In all honesty, while I do love the old maps for various reasons, if you take a step back and look at them, they're actually very empty and bland. Most of those maps were actually unfinished by the time FeralHeart released I believe, hence them being empty. South Pole for example... it had, like, one meshs in it plus two portals. That was it xD Last cave on the other hand, it had zero meshes. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. On top of that the larger maps such as Fluorite put strain on the server, hence why it would have a habit of crashing. A change had to be made, and again while I don't agree with how it was handled, the maps are still very good.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 01:13:35 am »
tbh if the old maps were made by Kov himself, that would explain the lack of scenery. All the maps he made for Impressive Title were that way too. Only the ones made by other people had more detail. It was his style to have large maps with little scenery I guess.

In all fairness, I strongly believe that future FH could benefit greatly from a mixture of old and new that coexist in such a way that old and new players can feel comfortable and so there are no technical issues from the maps.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:15:54 am by DylanCheetah »

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 11:54:08 am »
tbh if the old maps were made by Kov himself, that would explain the lack of scenery. All the maps he made for Impressive Title were that way too. Only the ones made by other people had more detail. It was his style to have large maps with little scenery I guess.

In all fairness, I strongly believe that future FH could benefit greatly from a mixture of old and new that coexist in such a way that old and new players can feel comfortable and so there are no technical issues from the maps.

That's a great idea pal! :D

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 03:52:20 pm »

That's a great idea pal! :D

The solution for any disagreement should be compromise.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 05:00:19 pm »

Hm.. yes.. what a concept... Hmm....mm...
Interesting...yes...

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 06:39:49 am »
It's crazy to think about but time really is flying by. Not too long ago I joined in 2011 it feels like, everything has been like a blur almost. I do miss the old days as most, but I look forward to the future of the game, seeing where it will lead. c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline ferimeX3

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • certified spoiler ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 08:50:50 am »
woah, that's a long time! I haven't been here for long but its really impressive for a game to run for more than a decade!
~it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations~

sig made by me!
>bio<

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 03:38:22 pm »

Hm.. yes.. what a concept... Hmm....mm...
Interesting...yes...

Every time I see a post from you, Ame, I get even more excited.

Trying to piece together all the hints.