Author Topic: The Forest of the Forgotten | Forum multi species canine Rp  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
The Forest of the Forgotten

We are all here for a reason. Exiled. Abandoned. Lost. We are all drawn here by a purpose. Closure. Repentance. Vengeance. In these strange woods, we roam as we please without disturbance or fear of the cruel eyes of our packs or humans. A perfect domain for poor souls like us, so perfect that escape is impossible.

General Information
The Forest of the Forgotten is a place of unity for those who are divided. Exiled pack members, lost dogs, driven off coyotes and foxes; they all are drawn to these strange woods and can thrive on their own accounts. However, something evil is lurking behind all of this. Once entering the strange misty woods, none can leave. From the outside, this forest is not even known to exist. A mirage created by the great power behind it all. Perhaps some dark energy luring lost souls to corrupt. Perhaps an occult force luring potential servant. Perhaps some lonely spirit manipulating the world to bring fellow outcasts together. Whatever the case, the canines in this roleplay will connect over this strange entity in their travels. Fine details are still in the planning, but we hope to recruit at least 3 or 4 people before we begin. There will be a plot, although it will be introduced in heavier detail as characters and player structures emerge and it is called for in terms of development. For the most part, individual plots and arcs are completely freeform so there is no strict plot they must stick to.

Rules
1. No powerplaying or godmodding.
2. Be respectful. And please no OOC drama or conflicts. If you want to play a jerk character that is completely fine, just keep it confined to the roleplay, please.
3. This is a semi realistic roleplay, however, the entity of the forest is the only true fantasy element. Please no unnatural physical traits or powers for individual characters.
4. This is a more mature roleplay, so gore and swearing are allowed (in moderation), but please keep any nsfw material to spoilers or private message (and please keep it consensual no one wants random dog naughties sent to them out of nowhere.)
5. Put "waf waf" at the end of your application if you have read and will follow these rules.
6. Have fun! This is meant to be a loose, long term story so feel free to take time developing your characters and establishing relationships and traits.

Application
[Character picture: detailed picture or photograph preferred just no derpy avatars please we gotta be serious here]
Name/Nicknames:
Quote:
Physical ability/traits:
Backstory: (optional but preferred)
How did they end up in the forest?:
Other:

Preferred Posting Format
[character image]
[character name]
[character quote]
[Rp post. Try and keep at least a paragraph per post unless it's a fact paced act or conversation and not much can be said about it.]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:56:12 pm by Wyldercat »

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Character Archive
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:07:43 pm by Wyldercat »

nya

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Reserved

nya

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Re: The Forest of the Forgotten | Forum multi species canine Rp
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:41:42 pm »
Aaah sorry it took me so long to post rip

Name/Nicknames: Zara
Quote: "Submission is never an option."

Species: Tibetan wolf
General personality: Strong, confident, calm, stubborn, persistent, cynical, intelligent. Slow to trust others, but fiercely loyal to those she's close to.
Physical ability/traits: Quite strong and muscular. Low stamina and speed.
Backstory: Not yet, subject to change
How did they end up in the forest?: Zara was apart of a wolf pack until a group of rogues killed the alphas and assumed their position. Many wolves were either chased out or left on their own, and Zara was one to leave peacefully. Zara wandered for a while until finding the forest, and decided to stay.
Other: She always travels with her friend, a smooth green snake named Jensi. waf waf

Name/Nicknames: Aysher
Quote: "Persistence is the key to survival."

Species: Dog - Husky/German Shepherd mix
General personality: Hotheaded, intelligent, cynical, hostile, aggressive, organized, easily stressed, sensitive, persistent
Physical ability/traits: Not incredibly strong, relies more on strategy and planning than pure brute strength. Quick and agile.
How did they end up in the forest?: Aysher had been adopted by a family of humans as a puppy, but once she had grown older and been a bit too energetic, the family decided she had become too much of a hassle for them to raise, and ended up abandoning her. Aysher was able to survive, and was actually quite successful in doing so, even managing to lead a small group of dogs for a while. She finally ended up leaving her fellow canine friends to find her own way, and that was when she came across the forest.
Other: waf waf

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:25:11 am »

Name/Nicknames: Tank
Quote: "I don't know how I got here, but I will get home."
Species: Dog (Rottweiler)
General personality: Friendly but also a little shy around new people, kind, compassionate, something of a coward if he doesn't know what's going on but he has his moments, obedient, submissive, loyal, protective
Physical ability/traits: Very broad build, naturally very strong and decently fast, not the most agile, but he relies more on raw power so it's usually not much of an issue for him
Backstory: Still in development. Born to a stray mother, he had lost his siblings to disease before being taken in at a local shelter. He was later adopted into a small family and enjoyed his years as a happy family pet.
How did they end up in the forest?: He doesn't remember much about how he ended up in the forest. All he remembered was walking in his backyard and then cut to waking up disoriented on a river bed. Unsure of where he was or how to get home, he determinedly followed the river back home, but a wrong turn led him to months of isolation in the wild. Eventually, he stumbled into a misty woodland.
Other: Waf Waf

nya

Offline StarryNights

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:03:35 am »
oh heck this looks really heckin cool i want in

am about to draw my character lol, but for now:

http://imgur.com/a/pJDDO
(pic won't work!)

Name:
Aiko

Nicknames: Little Love (Name Meaning)

Quote:
"Someday, I will find my purpose."

Species:
Alaskan Malamute

General personality:
+Serious, Determined
-Unemotional, Aloof

Physical ability/traits:
Strong, Wise, Fast Digger, Experienced Hunter

Backstory:
Unwanted puppy, abandoned on the side of the road. Left to die.

Aiko learned to fend for herself pretty quick thanks to a fox. Said fox was unfortunately killed by hunters, leaving the fast-growing pup on her own.
She roamed the wilds, hunting, fighting, and sometimes relaxing, until one day she stumbled upon the forest. She has no idea how she got there,
but she does know she was somehow called towards the forest.

Other:
waf waf >w<

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 12:11:42 am »
totally forgot that I'm the owner of the rp sorry

Aaah sorry it took me so long to post rip

Name/Nicknames: Zara
Quote: "Submission is never an option."

Species: Tibetan wolf
General personality: Strong, confident, calm, stubborn, persistent, cynical, intelligent. Slow to trust others, but fiercely loyal to those she's close to.
Physical ability/traits: Quite strong and muscular. Low stamina and speed.
How did they end up in the forest?: Zara was apart of a wolf pack until a group of rogues killed the alphas and assumed their position. Many wolves were either chased out or left on their own, and Zara was one to leave peacefully. Zara wandered for a while until finding the forest, and decided to stay.
Other: She always travels with her friend, a smooth green snake named Jensi. waf waf

Name/Nicknames: Aysher
Quote: "Persistence is the key to survival."

Species: Dog - Husky/German Shepherd mix
General personality: Hotheaded, intelligent, cynical, hostile, aggressive, organized, easily stressed, sensitive, persistent
Physical ability/traits: Not incredibly strong, relies more on strategy and planning than pure brute strength. Quick and agile.
How did they end up in the forest?: Aysher had been adopted by a family of humans as a puppy, but once she had grown older and been a bit too energetic, the family decided she had become too much of a hassle for them to raise, and ended up abandoning her. Aysher was able to survive, and was actually quite successful in doing so, even managing to lead a small group of dogs for a while. She finally ended up leaving her fellow canine friends to find her own way, and that was when she came across the forest.
Other: waf waf
oh heck this looks really heckin cool i want in

am about to draw my character lol, but for now:

http://imgur.com/a/pJDDO
(pic won't work!)

Name:
Aiko

Nicknames: Little Love (Name Meaning)

Quote:
"Someday, I will find my purpose."

Species:
Alaskan Malamute

General personality:
+Serious, Determined
-Unemotional, Aloof

Physical ability/traits:
Strong, Wise, Fast Digger, Experienced Hunter

Backstory:
Unwanted puppy, abandoned on the side of the road. Left to die.

Aiko learned to fend for herself pretty quick thanks to a fox. Said fox was unfortunately killed by hunters, leaving the fast-growing pup on her own.
She roamed the wilds, hunting, fighting, and sometimes relaxing, until one day she stumbled upon the forest. She has no idea how she got there,
but she does know she was somehow called towards the forest.

Other:
waf waf >w<

Both accepted! Welcome!
I'll give a few more days for people to join, and if everyone's ready, we can start soon?

nya

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 04:05:52 pm »
May I join as well? I can't guarantee that I'll be active, but I'll RP here as often as I have the time for.

Name/Nicknames: Tibs | Tibby.
Quote:"Just don't die and you'll be fine"
Species:Doberman Pinscher
General personality: Serious | Hot-Tempered | Mellow| Sometimes Intelligent.
Physical ability/traits: Sneaky | Not Very Muscular | Scared of being in the midst of battle.She witnessed the deaths of her old pack and that made her too scared to enter a battlefield alone, having other wolves around her during fights will stop her from running, but her knees still shake being in a battlefield.
Backstory: This dog used to spy on other packs, she still retains the sneaking abilities she gained on the field. When she was no more than 4 years old, her whole pack succumbed to injuries brought to them by an unexpected raid that hit her whole pack, including her. she was the only survivor of the raid that cleared her past territory of all canine life.
How did they end up in the forest?:After her territory was littered with the corpses of her former-pack mates, she limped away from the camp, licking away her blood to cover her tracks for the attackers despised her pack with a passion.
Other: This dog wont trust anyone no matter how hard they want her to. She bears the many scars of the raid. Waf waf.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 06:09:03 pm »
May I join as well? I can't guarantee that I'll be active, but I'll RP here as often as I have the time for.

Name/Nicknames: Tibs | Tibby.
Quote:"Just don't die and you'll be fine"
Species:Doberman Pinscher
General personality: Serious | Hot-Tempered | Mellow| Sometimes Intelligent.
Physical ability/traits: Sneaky | Not Very Muscular | Scared of being in the midst of battle.She witnessed the deaths of her old pack and that made her too scared to enter a battlefield alone, having other wolves around her during fights will stop her from running, but her knees still shake being in a battlefield.
Backstory: This dog used to spy on other packs, she still retains the sneaking abilities she gained on the field. When she was no more than 4 years old, her whole pack succumbed to injuries brought to them by an unexpected raid that hit her whole pack, including her. she was the only survivor of the raid that cleared her past territory of all canine life.
How did they end up in the forest?:After her territory was littered with the corpses of her former-pack mates, she limped away from the camp, licking away her blood to cover her tracks for the attackers despised her pack with a passion.
Other: This dog wont trust anyone no matter how hard they want her to. She bears the many scars of the raid. Waf waf.

Accepted, welcome!

nya