Author Topic: (Solved)Crashing in the middle of exporting detailed maps and big object files  (Read 1402 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
FH crashes in the middle of exporting; When I try to export the map, it just locks up for a minute and then crashes. I'm using OpenGL, and I'm not clicking on the screen while it exports.

I haven't tested exporting other maps today, just the one map.

The map is a very detailed map, but it hasn't gotten any more detailed since the time I successfully exported it a month ago. All I did between now and then was adding a portal to Cape(Because it seems to be a bad idea to make a detailed map the only entrance to another detailed map), then I removed some details after the first few exporting crashes and it still crashes.

EDIT: I have gotten the map to export now, I just compiled all the objects into one object file(I can make a tutorial on that) and removed most unused objects, and removed collisions I didn't need, and unsure what else, but now it exports! I'll have Perel Laboratory uploaded someday soon, and when I get around to it I'll repeat the process on my other crashing map(Which is also a laboratory. Thank you, everybody. ^-^
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:35:44 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Crashing in the middle of exporting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:50:27 am »
Does the game crash on a specific file or randomly during the exporting process?
Farewell everyone<3

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 11:42:01 am »
It locks up at random different files, but it normally locks up even when there's no crash, so I can't tell what file it could be crashing at.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:27:42 pm »
Are you able to export all of the objects from the Object Maker without errors?
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:49:03 pm »
Heyo FlyinGroundSalad, do you normally have issues rendering new maps? Did the map ever lag before you tried exporting an updated version? What are the dimensions of the map, and are there any new particles? I expect you have already placed the objects used into their own custom groups and have no issues with them considering you have used the map previously without issues.

In all honestly, removing the new objects you have added, keeping the new portal, and just re-exporting (in a fresh FH download to avoid any issues) would probably be the way to go. From there you can just keep adding objects until you are satisfied with the map. If the issue does not resolve on its own, if you would like, I could try exporting the map if you send me your whole media folder privately.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 03:53:38 am »
Are you able to export all of the objects from the Object Maker without errors?
There's a ton of objects, so I can't try to do that.

Heyo FlyinGroundSalad, do you normally have issues rendering new maps? Did the map ever lag before you tried exporting an updated version? What are the dimensions of the map, and are there any new particles? I expect you have already placed the objects used into their own custom groups and have no issues with them considering you have used the map previously without issues.

In all honestly, removing the new objects you have added, keeping the new portal, and just re-exporting (in a fresh FH download to avoid any issues) would probably be the way to go. From there you can just keep adding objects until you are satisfied with the map. If the issue does not resolve on its own, if you would like, I could try exporting the map if you send me your whole media folder privately.
The objects aren't in their own custom groups. The map is laggy, but the map was laggy back when it would successfully export. I didn't add any new objects to the map since the last successful export a month ago. I'll try using a clean(Except for the Media folder) install of FeralHeart to export the map.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:59:01 am by FlyinGroundSalad »

My presets.

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 02:20:05 pm »
if the clean export doesn't work, I've saved a lot of maps by going into the object maker and deleting collisions on objects that didn't need it.  If a character doesn't need to climb on something, there's no reason to make the map have to render a collision for it.

Another thing is trying to export it without the music, IF you have music installed to it.  I know music really sets a tone but it's worth noting that sometimes it's the last straw for a map to make it not load, in my experience.

Hope that helps a little bit.  If all else fails, feel free to PM me and I will export/upload for you.
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 02:54:13 am »
Sorry for the late reply, I had things to do after I said that I'd use a clean install, and then I forgot about using a clean install. I've remembered just now, albeit the clean install being in the new version of FH, I installed the laboratory map's components(But I shrunk the ground textures to reduce lag) but the map crashes when loading in MapMaker in the clean install.

if the clean export doesn't work, I've saved a lot of maps by going into the object maker and deleting collisions on objects that didn't need it.  If a character doesn't need to climb on something, there's no reason to make the map have to render a collision for it.

Another thing is trying to export it without the music, IF you have music installed to it.  I know music really sets a tone but it's worth noting that sometimes it's the last straw for a map to make it not load, in my experience.

Hope that helps a little bit.  If all else fails, feel free to PM me and I will export/upload for you.
I'm going to run through the map in the old install and remove a bunch of collisions. There isn't music installed to the map, but there is a bubbly sound file attached to the cryostasis chambers.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:59:54 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 06:16:06 pm »
I've removed any unneeded collisions, and also decided to make it tidier by stuffing all of the map's used objects into one object file, but when I exported the huge frankenstein object file in Object Maker, it crashed. I wonder if I just added too many objects, I only sometimes removed the unused portion of object packs, there are tons of unused objects among the huge frankenstein object file.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:18:14 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.