Author Topic: morqques's Art.  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
morqques's Art.
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »
It is 4:30 AM and I thought to myself. Isn't it a perfect time to update my art
gallery here on the good old FeralHeart boards? Why, yes...it is.
I am a beginner artist who has been seriously studying art for a little over a year now. I'm in the experimental
phase with my art, but I primarly draw Anthro characters and macabre scenes. The artists I look up to the most
include Hirohiko Araki, Shigeru Mizuki, Kentaro Miura, and Tim Burton. I'm always open to critique, advice, and tips
alike. Have fun viewing my...things

I just drew this today. Have an edgelord Goku

Cerberus study

My boyfriend and I's characters

My boyfriend's main character, Bassett

Older concept design for my main character (no longer used)

An anthro Ghost Bat

Yet another concept for my main character...

Main reference for my character Gasha

Mecha-armed Wardog

Gigan outline

Skulls

Main reference of my character Kruevvyhx (Also my FAVORITE drawing)

Very very early Gasha concept

Odd vent thing

2016-2018 Progression

Thicc

"meh"

Hyena

My deviantart: morqque.deviantart.com

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:30:56 am by Kikiorylandia »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Malkabre's Art.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
I remember seeing some of your art before actually. You're pretty dang good. And these are some very interesting works of art. Especially that uh....fetus. xD Great job!

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:26:24 pm »
wow! these are some really cool drawings, especially for the time of season it is!

if you're looking for a bit of constructive criticism though, i'd suggest practising your symmetry a bit. it seems you're more of a traditional artist, so i'd suggest after you have your sketch finished and are ready to start inking and colouring, take a picture on your phone and flip the image. it's much easier to spot where things might seem a bit off or slanted when you do that, and i find that it really helps!

as well, the anatomy, which i can already tell you've been studying! some things are a little blown out of proportion, for example on the back leg of the second to last drawing is a bit chunky in the heel, since it has a canine-like body. just keep practising, is all i can really say on this. there's no easy shortcut on understanding anatomy, i'm not even there myself, but to just keep going at it.

i would suggest a little bit more higher quality colouring pencils, though of course they can be very pricey, so that really isn't something you need to worry about. i do genuinely think these are some fantastic designs, and although not particularly my kind of taste (i'm a little more on the cute and cuddly side), i can still really appreciate what you've drawn up! seriously, keep it up, and i'd love to see more of your work!

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:31:56 pm »
I actually enjoy these pieces c:
Nice to see them up again.
Keep it up ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:06:03 pm »
wow! these are some really cool drawings, especially for the time of season it is!

if you're looking for a bit of constructive criticism though, i'd suggest practising your symmetry a bit. it seems you're more of a traditional artist, so i'd suggest after you have your sketch finished and are ready to start inking and colouring, take a picture on your phone and flip the image. it's much easier to spot where things might seem a bit off or slanted when you do that, and i find that it really helps!

as well, the anatomy, which i can already tell you've been studying! some things are a little blown out of proportion, for example on the back leg of the second to last drawing is a bit chunky in the heel, since it has a canine-like body. just keep practising, is all i can really say on this. there's no easy shortcut on understanding anatomy, i'm not even there myself, but to just keep going at it.

i would suggest a little bit more higher quality colouring pencils, though of course they can be very pricey, so that really isn't something you need to worry about. i do genuinely think these are some fantastic designs, and although not particularly my kind of taste (i'm a little more on the cute and cuddly side), i can still really appreciate what you've drawn up! seriously, keep it up, and i'd love to see more of your work!

Thanks a lot man!! I appreciate it. I also have a habit of rushing my work which makes
it end up sloppy, but I'm working on it. And you can notice good anatomy? That means a lot. I have been studying a ton.
What would you recommend for Coloured Pencils? I already used Prismacolors. But I'm mediocre at them. As for graphites they're
typically Faber-Castell Grip 2001
I'm always looking for new art products, I have an addiction to buying them.

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 10:24:13 pm »

Thanks a lot man!! I appreciate it. I also have a habit of rushing my work which makes
it end up sloppy, but I'm working on it. And you can notice good anatomy? That means a lot. I have been studying a ton.
What would you recommend for Coloured Pencils? I already used Prismacolors. But I'm mediocre at them. As for graphites they're
typically Faber-Castell Grip 2001
I'm always looking for new art products, I have an addiction to buying them.

yeah, i tend to get a little rushy with my work too, but i've recently been trying to slow down and take my time with drawings. i feel like it helps my concentration!

and oh geeze, i'm the wrong person to ask about coloured pencils. i hardly do traditional art, but i have been picking up a bit from watching videos on youtube. i'm not sure what to recommend for you, but there's loads of videos about traditional art and supplies that would in my opinion be better to go by! though i think you should stick to the primacolors, maybe even try press a bit harder when using them so you get more pigment onto the paper and it looks more complete. i think prismacolors are good at blending too, so maybe experiment with them for a bit, see what you can make!

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
Re: morqques's Art.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:52:06 am »
Updated

Offline Jango_Fett