Poll

Would You Join?

Yes
No

Author Topic: How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?  (Read 38250 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:26:54 pm »
This topic is not implying you will or will not become one, but I'm curious how people would feel if they were asked to be a moderator here. (Or anywhere.) Would you accept or decline? How would it make you feel exactly?

Just out of curiosity.

DreamerDay

Re: How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:44:33 pm »
Personally, I will feel honor and take the job. I will not take the job to feel worthy or whatever, but just have fun and just do same thing as possible: Help others. But since I don't necessarily do the helping out anymore I don't know. Anyway, off topic. Yeah ill accept.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:25:06 pm »
I would be very, very, very confused.

I've had these kind of positions before(Many eons ago), for roleplay forums and wip games, but for a game/forum like this.....
I'd wonder how insane you would be to ask me to be a Staff member.
Might deny it, so they can save face, as, let's face it, I'm not the greatest role model or most dedicated person. If they insisted for a long period of time, or asked multiple times, then that'd be a maybe.

But probably a no.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 11:31:08 pm »
"wat"
Is probably what I'd say because I personally do not think I have what it takes
to be one though I am very active and helpful it's a big responsibility. If I was
asked now I'd probably deny it until I have more experience

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 02:42:26 am »
Honestly when it comes to good things like this happening to me I am rather negative. xD
I know this type of thing would never happen to me, but I have to admit my reaction to being asked to become one would most likely be me being dumbfounded. I would probably sit there confused and wondering if they whispered the wrong person. Then I would most likely accept it after much thinking, and smacking my head to realize they messaged the right person.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 12:39:47 pm »
I honestly found this question of yours rather weird, but since you're curious: questions are questions! :3

Well, if I was asked, I might make a quick speech before saying yes or no and asking some questions about 'why' it's happening. Plus, I'll be very confused and wonder if they really trust me to take this role. Of course everyone will be willing to take this opportunity, but seriously, it's hard work and I know that because I am part of a student council in my school and... you have to work 6 times as hard than you did before. You don't stop walking, writing and working. Basically in the end of the day, that's the only time where you feel the cramps on your knees, shoulders and your head aches like crazy. Although when you get into it, you feel happy and know that you're standing out infront of everyone. Sometimes, like I noticed, people show off with this role rather than lending a hand to people and showing like they take it seriously with care.

So I'm asked, I'd think about it first to see if I'm very busy throughout my days and definitely make it up to them if I have time to. :)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:11 pm »
Hmm.
Honestly, I would feel extremely honored and also confused.

Such as DreamerDay said, If I felt like I wasn't going to do a good job and that I didn't deserve it, I'd decline but I would at least give it a shot to see how I'll do and get a hang of sorts.

Offline XxCheyPawsxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I'll beat you with my twig.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 09:08:45 pm »
I would be very, very, very confused.

I've had these kind of positions before(Many eons ago), for roleplay forums and wip games, but for a game/forum like this.....
I'd wonder how insane you would be to ask me to be a Staff member.
Might deny it, so they can save face, as, let's face it, I'm not the greatest role model or most dedicated person. If they insisted for a long period of time, or asked multiple times, then that'd be a maybe.

But probably a no.
haha I think I'd be the same, but I kind of get carried away some times so I might say yes if that ever happens. I'm horrible at giving advice yet I have some deep words saved in my heart. I'd probably just like to be a mod-in-training because I'd need to be professionally trained.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »
Shocked or surprised.
I may or may not take the job either. Just because of school & such, also I may be treated much differently by players. I really don't want anything to change with that, but overall, I would be honored and if school wasn't a problem, I would become one.

...Maybe..

DreamerDay

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 10:10:15 pm »
You know what will be crazier? After being asked to be a mod and you said yes, then suddenly the staff members pulls up a load of questions about What you will do and stuff. Now, right there, I will totally decline.