Author Topic: Porting the studio from BATIM into FH?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
Porting the studio from BATIM into FH?
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:47:40 am »
Is it possible to port a map from Unity into FH? The idea came to mind thinking about FH characters roaming Joey Drew Studios. I've seen FH ported to Unity, but is the reverse possible? Is the converse of the theorem also true? Can it be ported?
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Porting the studio from BATIM into FH?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:15:58 am »
Moving this topic over to the "Game Help" board, as I believe your question is surrounding the idea if what you're proposing is possible in the game, as opposed to just a map concept discussion. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Lucius

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 02:41:45 am »
No idea what BATIM is, and it's been a while since I've used Unity, but from what I remember, there were a couple OBJ and FBX exporters in the asset store, along with Unity's heightmap exporter.

Here's two of them:
Scene OBJ Exporter
FBX Exporter

As for the terrain, it depends on whether you want it as a mesh or just a heightmap. If I remember correctly, you could export terrain heightmaps from Unity, the only problem was that they were in the .RAW format. I believe RawTherapee can convert them directly into .PNG images.

If you want the mesh, then you'll have to plug in a script yourself, but the wiki has instructions on how to do that, take a look here: TerrainObjExporter.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:56:45 am »
No idea what BATIM is, and it's been a while since I've used Unity, but from what I remember, there were a couple OBJ and FBX exporters in the asset store, along with Unity's heightmap exporter.

Here's two of them:
Scene OBJ Exporter
FBX Exporter

As for the terrain, it depends on whether you want it as a mesh or just a heightmap. If I remember correctly, you could export terrain heightmaps from Unity, the only problem was that they were in the .RAW format. I believe RawTherapee can convert them directly into .PNG images.

If you want the mesh, then you'll have to plug in a script yourself, but the wiki has instructions on how to do that, take a look here: TerrainObjExporter.

BATIM is short for Bendy And The Ink Machine, which was popular a while back.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!