Author Topic: Different languages?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline g0thicpuk3

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Slowly but surely making a return :)
    • View Profile
Different languages?
« on: April 06, 2020, 09:56:50 pm »
ive been wondering if youre allowed to speak other languages in forums or in game because i have a hard time speaking english (as said on my profile) and once i was playing with a person in the game and we where speaking spanish to each other (this was last year) and other people kept being cabezas de polla and saying rasicts things to us and saying "you cant speak spanish" and "go back to mexico" or "did you come to america legally?" and it really made me upset so i just want to know if (people like me who dont speak english) are allowed to speak in our original language.
Is this thing on?

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Different languages?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 10:00:17 pm »
I'm pretty sure speaking other languages than English is not permitted on the forums, just because it makes things easier for staff. But in-game all languages are allowed! ^-^ I'd say, if you have screenshots, or if it happens again, report what happened to a staff member as that's not a good thing to go through at all and is definitely not allowed. Sorry you had to go through that.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:49:45 pm »
I'm pretty sure speaking other languages than English is not permitted on the forums, just because it makes things easier for staff. But in-game all languages are allowed! ^-^ I'd say, if you have screenshots, or if it happens again, report what happened to a staff member as that's not a good thing to go through at all and is definitely not allowed. Sorry you had to go through that.
This is correct. Sorry to hear you went through that.
You can contact a staffer from this page if you need to: https://feral-heart.com/staff/
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 08:58:06 am »
Don't worry about such people. Really, there will always be a mean person who probably doesn't know why he does it. At school. At work. Priaise is right. If you took screenshots, send them to a staff member. And again - don't worry. Not worth it.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »
Other languages are allowed. Some people just deserve to step on a trillion Legos. If this ever happens again, just make sure to report them!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 08:29:58 pm »
I'm so sorry you experienced something like that.
Of course, there are always bad apples around but usually, this community is really helpful and friendly and I hope that didn't ruin things for you.
I can really empathize with how you felt because I'm Thai and speaking English wasn't my strongest skill for much of my youth and of course, there were always people who mocked me and how I spoke. There were also people who mocked me when I spoke Thai and called me racial slurs, or asked me to say terrible things in my language.
The only thing we can do with these people online is to report and block them and not entertain them because racists only want a reaction out of you and we shouldn't dare grace them with one.

Everyone here has already answered you, but I'd like to add a bit more:
On the forums, we only speak English. This is simply to help staff with moderation.
In the game, you can speak any language.
You are free to speak any language with friends in DMs, whisper or group/party, though!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 09:54:34 am »
I used to try & talk to the hungarians, russians, spanish & Portuguese players back when there was many on at 4 am at my local time.

So you're not only allowed, but welcome to.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 06:31:43 am »
I'm gonna move this to the Game Discussion board since that seems to be the main direction of this conversation. ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 12:20:16 am »
If your language isn't represented on the staff page, you can always try and use google translate(as awful as it is) to get a scuffed translation.

Or find a friend/member willing to try and translate for you.

I believe you can sometimes use your native language so long as a translation is provided. But I believe the precedent disagrees in that.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972