Author Topic: FeralHeart Pet Peeves  (Read 12372 times)

Offline RenX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆
    • @bennytendies
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart Pet Peeves
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2020, 06:55:43 am »
No idea if this was said already or not, but when certain groups require an absurd amount of "literacy" from a person, usually reducing the concept of literacy down to wolfspeak. This isn't much of an issue/pet peeve for me anymore, as I haven't seen many groups do this, but there were plenty in FH's past where I've gotten kicked from groups for not writing like I'm throwing up a thesaurus bahaha

Personally, wolfspeak bothers me but I don't confront people I roleplay with about it unless it becomes difficult to decipher :'D
𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐗#𝟓𝟔𝟔𝟐 | 𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐢𝐦

Offline beeans

• Curious Wanderer
  • i just really hate avocados
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2020, 07:09:14 am »
No idea if this was said already or not, but when certain groups require an absurd amount of "literacy" from a person, usually reducing the concept of literacy down to wolfspeak. This isn't much of an issue/pet peeve for me anymore, as I haven't seen many groups do this, but there were plenty in FH's past where I've gotten kicked from groups for not writing like I'm throwing up a thesaurus bahaha

Personally, wolfspeak bothers me but I don't confront people I roleplay with about it unless it becomes difficult to decipher :'D

Oh, I feel ya. Or whenever people's characters have accents, and they try to type in that accent (i've been in a group where the leader spoke with an 'irish' accent) it just becomes a total mess.

Offline RenX

• Curious Wanderer
  • 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆
    • @bennytendies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2020, 07:18:33 am »
Oh, I feel ya. Or whenever people's characters have accents, and they try to type in that accent (i've been in a group where the leader spoke with an 'irish' accent) it just becomes a total mess.

Oh goodness gracious, some of my worst group roleplay experiences have had an abundance of those kind of roleplayers in it bahaha. I have zero issues with a character having an accent and the person behind them writing it out in a realistic manner for the accent (aka, not over-doing it or playing it up). However, it bothers me to no end when their entire post is written in an accent. I have no idea how to act in those situations except "smile and nod" lol.
𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐗#𝟓𝟔𝟔𝟐 | 𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐢𝐦

Offline Silvestria

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • HiddenDeception
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2020, 03:15:05 pm »
- When a roleplay advertises itself as being "active" when it was just created the day before or even the same day
- Going along that same line when a roleplay advertises itself as being "long-term" but it only lasts for a few weeks to a month tops
- Lastly, this was already mentioned, but I'll say it again because it is a huge pet peeve of mine, when people in a roleplay complain of being bored, but don't do anything about it like actually roleplaying or interacting with others

Ironic

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2020, 04:06:49 pm »
-When people complain about FH, but yet they are tabbing between FeralHeart and FHU
-When people complain the chats are quiet, but they don't help starting a conversation
-When people say Hi and leaves.
-When random users come up to you and start dancing near, or over you.
-Users who WRITES IN CAPS
-When users forgets its a pg 13 game and forget there's staff members online x"DDD
-Users who complain about the forum and game being low, but don't engage to help it out.
-When a users adds you and don't talk to you after that. (Don't get me started)
-Gender tags
-When people complain they need someone to talk to, and you tell them you are open, but they also ignore you and keep whining c';

I have more

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2020, 05:37:51 pm »
When you try talking to a group of people you can see are actively speaking with each other through their group chat  that you're not in (their lips are moving... Lipsync) but they intentionally just ignore you because they think that you think they're afk, they think you can't see their lips moving when they use group chat and not local chat.

Guess next time I'll just tell them I know they're talking with each other.
doing what i feel like

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2020, 12:28:51 pm »
-Gender tags

What's wrong with gender tags? It's the same thing as pronouns in bio...

I can't even say I have pet peeves because I don't really care what other people say/do.
Maybe like... little kids who are overdramatic for attention?

Ironic

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2020, 02:58:14 pm »
-Gender tags

Exactly, bios. We have bios so they can put their gender tag into the bio, not next to their name.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2020, 06:03:11 pm »
-Gender tags

Exactly, bios. We have bios so they can put their gender tag into the bio, not next to their name.

But it's so easy for people to misgender me because nobody looks at bios and I don't wanna be misgendered because that makes me dysphoric and feel bad. I want people to see "Fem" and know "Oh ok, so I use She/Her" and if they misgender me, it's hard to say that you "didn't see it" when it's in my name.
Why is it an issue if they just put "M" or "F" in their name, it's just a letter....

Offline Adelphotes

• Curious Wanderer
  • Bad to the Bone
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • -
    • View Profile
    • Bad to the Bone
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2020, 06:39:55 pm »
I can understand the gender tag pet peeves. As, throwback to 2011-13 days, it was frequently a use in the Mate Centre or - in some other form - to seek a mate (or two).
It just comes down to preference, I don't think anyone would make a personal or dramatic issue about you having the tag.

-

The "in heat" situation that happened in people's biographies for a LOOOng time and "fertility percentage"
I'm glad that situation is near enough gone from what I've been seeing, because that was ... pure cringe.